Author Topic: The behavior of some never ceases to amaze!  (Read 2987 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
Re: The behavior of some never ceases to amaze!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:37:45 PM »
A law to themselves the football industry.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 02:17:37 PM »
I’m confused( in fairness it doesn’t take much these days).   Can someone please help me here.

I’m watching the Horse Racing from Cheltenham.   Just seen the restaurant is all set up to serve owners and invited guests who will also enjoy a days live racing.

So if Horse Racing can do this, then I assume football is offering people the same opportunity

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 02:46:27 PM »
I am guessing mall it could be the old saying...its not what you know but who you know....even our little club were guilty of that as proved on the early live stream.... :dontknow:
I am guessing the players lounge after a home game, if it's used obviously, will have a number of non-playing guests in there.....but who knows... :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »
I thought it was essential staff only allowed to watch a game of football.

My understanding, and I do stand to be corrected on this, is if people attend a venue and it involves a meal, they are not allowed to attend and watch any associated event that may be going on at the same venue e.g. a football match. Apparently Clubs can open their bars and allow people to watch the game on TV, but not let them watch the game live.

I guess a method of deciding who''s essential and who's not would depend on if they usually pay an entrance fee or not. Essential staff wouldn't pay, others would (box office, match day sponors, season ticket holders VP's or whatever they are called these days). Therefore if you usually pay, you can't be classed as essential.

If non essential staff are allowed into grounds, I would assume no records would be kept with regards to who were there (i.e. if you know you are breaking the law you're hardly likely to leave your name and address) so therefore would be unable to be contacted under track and trace, if anything did occur

If Clubs are allowing a favoured few entrance to attend games against the rules, they won't be doing themselves any favours amongst the other supporters. It's then ever more difficult to try and persuade supporters of these Clubs not to watch the games being streamed at numerous local licenced premises. I can understand people's attitude towards this, being a case of why should they miss out when others don't.

Such clubs are playing a dangerous game on many different levels.

:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 05:26:59 PM »
Maybe ask M Hill how many attend, he might be able to shed some light on it ? :dontknow:

I wonder how many people they have ‘helping‘ the groundMan fork the picture at half time ?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 04:00:40 PM »
Maybe ask M Hill how many attend, he might be able to shed some light on it ? :dontknow:

I wonder how many people they have ‘helping‘ the groundMan fork the picture at half time ?

Good try mall... :fish: :fish:...but no bite. The silence is somewhat suspicious though... :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 04:35:19 PM »

Good try mall... :fish: :fish:...but no bite. The silence is somewhat suspicious though... :laughcry:

Maybe he's been eaten by that Green Dragon he mentioned.   :dontknow:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 04:51:33 PM »

Maybe he's been eaten by that Green Dragon he mentioned.   :dontknow:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 05:05:04 PM »
Malcolm has been fine supporter of Kings Lynn.  Never shy to dip his hand in his pocket.  Maybe this is his reward.

Sometimes nothing is more important than football ( to some).

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 06:33:01 PM »
We can’t go - there’s a killer virus about !  No, on football, the ridiculous sight of a pike of players in a heap virtually making love after a goal is scored is a flaming joke !  Do they think the virus understands emotion about something so unimportant in the full scheme of things ?...  and so let’s them off ?!!  And the managers etc - touching elbows at the start, then hugging and kissing after a goal and at the end.  Unbelievable !

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »
The rate of infection in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk per 100,000 increased from 33.5 to 55.5 in the past 7 days.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 06:50:57 AM »
Well dilly somebody obviously thinks the virus doesn't attend stock car racing.... :glum: :glum:
And looking at the number of "volunteers" sitting in the stand at the walks the other night....their is obviously not only a tiering system put in place by the government but also a supporter tiering system put in place by Mr Cleeve. I know I'll be asking for my season ticket refund this season if the season doesn't finish... :red card:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 07:18:01 PM »
With 7 clubs from the National League now areas that are in tier 3 lockdown, how long can the League continue without Clubs being tested ?   

I see FC Halifax v Wealdstone is off  this Saturday because of an outbreak in the Halifax squad

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 09:06:10 PM »
Well dilly somebody obviously thinks the virus doesn't attend stock car racing.... :glum: :glum:
And looking at the number of "volunteers" sitting in the stand at the walks the other night....their is obviously not only a tiering system put in place by the government but also a supporter tiering system put in place by Mr Cleeve. I know I'll be asking for my season ticket refund this season if the season doesn't finish... :red card:

Covid Marshall's. All above board.  :laughcry: