Author Topic: Grant money coming through next week  (Read 1448 times)

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
Re: Grant money coming through next week
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 08:35:16 PM »
Well...I am sorry to say that...whilst people are fighting for their lives fighting for their livelihoods, the fact that football clubs will now come out with a handsome little profit....while all along the people that would normally ensure that they made that profit cannot get through the gate....is disgusting.
I wish no team any harm or administration....but this Is taxpayers money being harnessed in the wrong direction.
Spot on Dilligaf. How the government can justify this amount of money to so many clubs that were on the brink way before Covid(and not for the first time) when coach companies,(unless transporting football teams) theatres, cinemas etc are on the verge of extinction through no fault of there own.
The number of businesses that had a strong business prior to Covid , now seeing the rug being pulled out.
Perhaps Cleeve will now leave his Mickey Mouse political party and jump on the Boris bandwagon!
On the other hand if this is also part lottery funding i think that if the general public are aware they will be disgusted and possibility think of placing there money elsewhere.
I suppose the only good will be in football in general that all the little suppliers will be paid ON TIME. They won't hold their breath.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 08:40:58 PM »
I have to say that it seems ridiculous and I agree with the sentiments on here.......and I still don't see why the higher clubs get richer and the lower divi clubs, relatively poorer....but it mirrors what the gvnmt has done when supporting individuals.
To my way of thinking in a crisis like this all people should get is enough to tread water and survive..and when it becomes that basic, the sum each person/club requires should be calculated to be the same or very similar.
I feel the NL should have come up with a figure based on average running costs for an average team in each league and paid just that......anyone whose running costs are too high then needs to make savings or fund the excess themselves.

Not only are the government distributions unfair and somewhat haphazard, they are also unnecessarily costly where the top end payments arise.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 08:56:15 PM »
Good theory KES till you include Dulwich Ham, and they have forgotten ex League Clubs like...Barnet,Aldershot, Dagenham.  Thatís before you dig into the NNL sides.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 09:35:27 PM »
Still with the "extra" income many of these clubs will be getting, we should see a reduction in club debts. But then again?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 10:27:53 PM »

To my way of thinking in a crisis like this all people should get is enough to tread water and survive..and when it becomes that basic, the sum each person/club requires should be calculated to be the same or very similar.

I wouldn't completely disagree with that Kes. I think the vast majority of players in North and South are part timers and derive their main income from their other employment. This would also apply to the vast majority of Lynn players. Why should these people be entitled to all, or indeed any, of their second income being funded by Grants, when other people are only getting 80% of one income or have lost their jobs completely?

All Clubs need is sufficient funds to keep going. If you take players wages out of the equation,  where they don't rely on the pay from their Clubs as their main source of income, then its less money paid out in grants with more available to be given to far more important areas of the community.

If Football itself was to say we want to give you 10 million, then fair enough. I really don't see why part time, second jobs should be funded by Grant money.

On top of that, if new signings appear as soon as the money arrives, we will know the grant money was not really needed. That would really be taking the p***.

Taking rather than giving...........how's that being the heart of the community.

It's all nonsense.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 10:50:59 PM »
Looks like it hasnít taken long to start spending the windfall.   My Crystal ball
Is giving me the name Mitchell.... Kairo.  Although of course he wonít be ready to go again Saturday. 

Will the ball prove to be right ?  I think Iím close to the Mark with this one

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2020, 08:51:27 AM »
Are we certain this figure is a monthly and not to cover the next 3 months.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2020, 08:54:40 AM »
Are we certain this figure is a monthly and not to cover the next 3 months.

BBC Sport yesterday:

The National League is to distribute the government's £10m support package on an average attendance basis, meaning seven former Football League clubs will receive a larger sum.

Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Notts County, Stockport, Torquay, Wrexham and Yeovil will receive £95,000 a month, with the 16 other clubs receiving £84,000.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2020, 09:30:20 AM »
No doubt there will be a big invite over to Mr Cleeves for his cronies....and they will have their noses in the trough whilst Mr Cleeve plays his fiddle.... :red card:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2020, 09:48:29 AM »
Will any of this windfall be re invested in a couple of those slippery Nipster I have heard so much about ?  Whatís ya thoughts Dilligaf?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 10:09:03 AM »
Will any of this windfall be re invested in a couple of those slippery Nipster I have heard so much about ?  Whatís ya thoughts Dilligaf?

Wrong forum member Mallard.

I don't think its Dilligaf that has the interest in those slippery players.   :dontknow:

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2020, 12:15:16 PM »
Grants without a transfer embargo just feels wrong.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2020, 12:24:35 PM »
Grants without a transfer embargo just feels wrong.

I have to agree.

:scarf:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2020, 03:17:55 PM »
I suppose promoted clubs will argue that they were waiting to see what they need for the league and would have made signings to try and survive anyway.
Lynn could probably argue that Hendo and Ward were in the squad pre season having signed new contracts and then decided to leave, so McFadden and the possible Dartford forward are only bringing numbers back up to that level.

As B & G has mentioned the real issue is that the money should be coming from within football...theres so much sloshing around........ there are better things to do with tax payers money currently than giving football clubs enhanced profits.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2020, 03:58:18 PM »
Looks like it hasnít taken long to start spending the windfall.   My Crystal ball
Is giving me the name Mitchell.... Kairo.  Although of course he wonít be ready to go again Saturday. 

Will the ball prove to be right ?  I think Iím close to the Mark with this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kairo_Mitchell

Only very recently joined The Darts.

:dontknow: