Author Topic: Home vs Wealdstone (27th Oct)  (Read 1965 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Home vs Wealdstone (27th Oct)
« on: October 26, 2020, 01:36:16 PM »
So after a hectic start to the season what will we look like after IC has been able to work with the lads 'properly' in training, including Saturday?  Presume McAuley is suspended and Jones out injured?  Hopefully we will be positive against another of the promoted teams although we need to move the ball quicker than we did against Weymouth, I would go with:

Mair
Barrows, Smith, Lupano, Brown
          Jarvis, Richards
         King, Carey, Kelly
              Marriott

subs Fleming, Clunan, Barker, Southwell & Mitchell

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Home vs Wealdstone (27th Oct)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 02:02:53 PM »
No Power in the 16 Tony ?

I would be very surprised if Mitchell doesnít start

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 02:12:13 PM »
Would go for your line up Tony, but with Southwell and Mitchell for Carey and Kelly.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »
All about opinions, I have only watched the two home games and Weymouth away so appreciate it's hardly a complete picture and many are still finding their legs in this league. 

Personally I think Carey makes us play on the front foot and is the most positive of our attacking midfield options which is probably the strongest area of the squad (even with the loss of Hendo), hence my picking three of them and one forward.  If going with two up top then I think Kelly has as strong a case for the other midfield spot as King based on what I have seen in the opening games.  Only plus for Power is he offers something different but for me the team looks more than the sum of its parts when he isn't one of the parts ie picking him changes the whole balance of the side and not in a good way imo but appreciate others might see it differently. 

I suppose the worry for me is how few of the summer additions are guaranteed starters, implying that we have increased the depth of the squad without really adding as much quality as we may have hoped. 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 07:29:25 PM »
Does Loma come back into the reckoning, or is he still suspended ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 08:22:58 PM »
Just been reading on the Wealdstone forum and many donít seem happy to 12 quid for streaming.  It seems many are going to watch it in their Clubhouse for free.

I guess they and all the pubs around Lynn are streaming it for 12 quid and will make a good few quid on the drinks.   I wonder if the Corn Exchange is sold out yet ?

Still maybe with 84k in the kitty for the month they ainít to bothered by taking a few extra quid from streaming ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »

I wonder if the Corn Exchange is sold out yet ?

Apparently Corn exchange still had plenty of tickets available as of yesterday and if Club send an Official, they will allow people to walk in and pay at door.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »

I guess they and all the pubs around Lynn are streaming it for 12 quid and will make a good few quid on the drinks.   

Well, one of the reasons the grant money was awarded is because the Clubs are at the centre of their local communities.

This helps bring the community together in difficult times and also helps the licensed trade, who are also at the centre of the local community.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 08:40:27 PM »
Just been reading on the Wealdstone forum and many donít seem happy to 12 quid for streaming.  It seems many are going to watch it in their Clubhouse for free.

I have to ask, how does this work?

If Lynn can't give free tickets to their season ticket holders for cup games because their opponents would lose out financially, how do Lynn earn money from Wealdstone supporters if their Club allows their supporters to see the game for free in their Clubhouse?

:dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 08:44:40 PM »
12 quid is the price set for streaming.  Why would opposing Clubs want to pay more than the ticket price ?   

It seems itís only the Corn Exchange thatís charging punters to watch.  You have said there are tickets available and people can pay on the door.   What does that say

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 12:08:03 AM »
Is Power fit ?  Is Loma available  ?.  Iíd pick Power if OK, but Iím assuming he isnít.  Not convinced about Loma yet.  I was a big advocate of Carey and Kelly being the first names on the sheet last season, and am almost back there again.  Dillyís team vs Wealdstone....  Street:  Barrows,Smith,Lupano,Brown:  Carey,Richards,Kelly,King, Marriott, Southwell.... Subs, Mair, Clunan, Jarvis, Mitchell, Power/Loma.  Nine man defence and seven man attack.  Season starts here....!!....  IMHO !

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 08:32:44 AM »
Lynn with an awful lot still to get right it appears. Weymouth and Wealdstone are in "their mini league" and they have lost to both. Defensively still prone down the flanks and fragile in the centre at set plays and when dealing with a speedster.
When I think back to the great run of last season ( and I appreciate there is a gulf between NLN and NL,) it was with the Fryatt and Mc Auley parnership and with Pedro between the sticks. IMO things  haven't looked so solid at the back since Fryatt was injured and then "left ".
It will take time for new players and systems to gel, no doubt......and very pleasing that Mitchell made such a good first impression.
I personally feel that replacing Pedro, who had been the ever present goalie during all the success, with Mair, has had an unsettling effect on the back line.

I am sure IC is acutely aware that this season could well be shortened by Covid....PPG will come in after around 30 games have been played, should we get that far so we are possibly already one fifth of the way into the season. So over the next 2/3 games we need some of the squad who are yet to step up to the level required,  to really put down a marker and prove they are good enough.

There seem to be a number who are carrying niggles or not at full fitness too.

Be interesting to hear IC's latest views if an interview is forthcoming.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 08:40:13 AM »
Another disappointing night with many of the issues that were present when Lynn's form dropped off prior to the shut down of the 2019/20 season still very much present.  For all of Mark & Stephen's upbeat commentary we were poor first half, too often opting for quick balls forward with little play in midfield, at the start of the second half we did at least try to play through the midfield and looked much better for it with Carey being central to that but then lost our way again with the substitutions.  Appreciate if something isn't working then change it but I still can't see anything positive in having both Power and Loza on the pitch together and all we really did was close the game out for Wealdstone.

Bastock was in the EDP praising the work of the two new members of the back room staff, personally from the outside it isn't working and maybe a bit of going back to what got the team to this level in the first place might be a better option - still think there are more personnel changes required but that would be true whether we changed styles or reverted back to what we were once good at. 

Beat me to it KES although agree to disagree where the problem lies - really don't think Pedro and particularly Fryatt would make that much difference (Ryan would be woefully short on pace at this level) and we played our most 'defensive' midfield yesterday and Wealdstone opened us up at will.  Brown doesn't look like he has ever met anyone else in the back four and Barrows proved again last night that he isn't anything other than cover at right back however impressive he was last season in the middle. 

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »
PPG with Pedro = 2

PPG with Mair = 0

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 10:45:27 AM »
PPG with Pedro = 2

PPG with Mair = 0
Spot on. How much of this Norwich picking our team.