Author Topic: Home vs Wealdstone (27th Oct)  (Read 1964 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Home vs Wealdstone (27th Oct)
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 10:48:20 AM »
IC has remained loyal to his core players.  When we missed out in the play offs he stuck with the core of the side ( quite righty as it turned out). When we went up to the NLN again he stuck with the core of the team ( again quite rightly).  Now we have jumped yet another level again he has stuck with core of the players that got us there.

Now maybe ( just as a suggested). That core have now been found out as just simply not up to playing At this level.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 10:52:31 AM »
Mair is in and will stay in until hes injured or called back by Norwich FC.
The more games that pass without winning makes it harder and harder for IC to admit hes made a mistake and put alex back in. .....his interview blaming himself for everything....is pro manager textbook stuff....just to deflect the pressure from the team...how much worse can it possibly be to put alex back between the sticks and see if that makes a difference....the only thing I think it could effect if I win did coincide with that is tha IC's ego would be dented... :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 11:50:50 AM »
Sounded very much like IC was taking one for the team.   Saying he’s not been good enough, he’s letting the players down, he needs to do better. 

Wonder if he is rethinking His play play play strategy?   Maybe teams are picking us off too easy in transition. 

Seems a lot of our defensive issues are going to be solved with that lad coming in from Sligo.   No pressure there then.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 11:53:36 AM »
IC has remained loyal to his core players.  When we missed out in the play offs he stuck with the core of the side ( quite righty as it turned out). When we went up to the NLN again he stuck with the core of the team ( again quite rightly).  Now we have jumped yet another level again he has stuck with core of the players that got us there.

Now maybe ( just as a suggested). That core have now been found out as just simply not up to playing At this level.

Its previously been said that progress off the pitch was not keeping pace with progress on the pitch. Maybe its now tipped in other direction. We've had a few players in, but maybe now's the time to get back to the drawing board before its too late. Its good (although wrong in my book) that the Grant money didn't state that an embargo on new signings would be part of the conditions.

If the season is in danger of not being able to run its full term, then it would make you think that action needs to be taken sooner rather than later. Reading about Mcfadden, if he lives up to his reputation then that should be a massive bonus, but it could be another month before he joins and we could be well adrift by then.

Surely Pedro must get a recall for this Saturday?

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 12:25:32 PM »
To not even pick up a point against Weymouth/Wealdstone is very poor, since they're the new teams also at this level. Defensively been awful all season. Averaging nearly 3 goals a game will see club get relegated with ease, because you simply not going to win enough games leaking that much.

Think it's time (especially this season with no fans, and the need to get points early doors in case of PPG), to go defensive, drop deeper, get back to basics and use pace and be more a counter attacking side. Goes against what previous seasons have been, but something needs to change to tighten things up. There'll always be goals in the side at the other end with the quality/options there are, but got to start limiting conceding to no more than 1 to reap benefits of scoring.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2020, 01:36:04 PM »
Just watched the post match interview with IC.  Whilst I appreciate he may be trying to protect the players publicly I hope that wasn't the same message that was conveyed in the changing room - yes he has to come up with a system that works with the players we have, and after the weekend we have two free midweeks to do more work on the training pitch, but equally there are plenty in the squad that he has kept faith with who now need to prove that faith was well placed. 

I do worry that people are focusing on IC swapping keepers - to gain the four points we have this season we had to score five goals in two games which many would (rightly) say isn't sustainable but isn't far off how the last promotion was won, so many of the current issues were there already.  Had we snatched a point from an offside goal (as in the first game) or even all three with a last minute winner last night would that have papered over the cracks?  Not for me and whilst I understand confidence is a difficult thing to instill on the back of three (now four) defeats, the key thing for me from IC's interview was the second half we were a 'bit braver on the ball' so IC has to work out who in that squad are prepared to 'be brave' and that would be a good place to start with when picking the side for Saturday

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 02:18:20 PM »
IC is very much for keeping the ball and working the opposition.   However I seem to recall there have been times when he has opened the first 30 mins of games by going more direct to gain the upper hand.  Then once the ‘battle has been won then we have switched To more of our normal game.

Are we now too predictable and teams at this higher level are finding us easy to pick off

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2020, 03:04:21 PM »
A few comments taken from The Wealdstone forum. I thought they were interesting when read in conjunction with the Lynn supporters posts and their opinions:

"Did Lynn do any homework on us? They were almost totally outplayed in the 1st half and at no point did they double up on Dennon Lewis, which every other team has done this season, how many crosses was he allowed to get in"?

"Time to be a glass half full for a change. Great response from Saturday".

"Controlled first half not playing out from the back, going long instead. Using Isted well, slowing game down. Really in full control first 45, should have been 2 up"!

"Defended well with a lot of blocks in the first half though the one-eyed commentary were giving KL more credit than deserved in my opinion. As for the penalty the commentator was suggesting an "accidental trip" in the area shouldn't be a penalty. Righto".

"The game could have easily finished up 5-5 on chances and those Kings Lynn officials who were present felt a bit robbed. Oh well never mind".

"£12 to watch? .........that is £2 more than the top club in the Scottish Premier charge for their official feed per match by the way".

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2020, 03:52:04 PM »
When it comes to "doing our homework"...I would hope IC would be doing that himself....and not relying on....let's say others....to do it for him. But then IC must be pushed to his limits with training the 1st team and also coaching at the academy on a regular basis.... :dontknow: :dontknow:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2020, 06:26:28 PM »
Too many people think “defensive” midfielders, and set-ups actually defends !All it does is let the opponents have the ball most of the time, and with much less concern about being attacked.  Then we hear the cliches about the other team’s “strength”, and “physicality”.  I’ve lost count of the games when that’s been the warning about
the opposition, then when we get to the game we find they actually have a number of (yes, going to say it) slippery nipsters !  That type beat a man or pass the ball, and nip past people with speed over just a couple of yards.  Every team so far has relied on those players.  We don’t have any.  And, agreed, Street should be back in the team straightaway.  And, sorry, Jarvis is too slow, IMHO.  We need 3 nipsters from somewhere.  The midfield have given poor old Southwell and Marriott virtually no through balls at all, just windswept punts over their heads.  As Brian Clough said - If football is played in the air, God would have put grass in the sky !  Rant over, for the full week, I promise !

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2020, 07:22:32 PM »
Newsflash "Lynn make offer for Jack Frost aka "Vaseline".

Sounds like he might fit the bill Dilly :laughcry:

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2020, 07:55:25 PM »
Come on fellow supporters. Lets get behind the team. We all know that this is a 'consolidation' season where Lynn establish themselves in this tier. The manager is vastly experienced and we will learn from our mistakes. We may not finish top, but we will stay up and next season challenge for higher places.

It is so sad when so called supporters turn on players and others because the results have been disappointing. I wonder how many have actually played football at a high level? My guess is very few. I played village football on the fens and my skills lay in running after the 'booted' ball as it disappeared into the neighbouring fields in an attempt to protect myself from hypothermia in the cold winter fen blast.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2020, 08:14:03 PM »
Yes, good, timely post Dale.........think most on here tho are scratching their heads and collectively looking for answers and ways forward, and believing IC will be able to keep us in this league, rather than being ultra negative.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2020, 12:05:10 PM »
Just watched the highlights back and once again fine margins.......understandably lacking a bit of confidence, the little things like being fractionally slow to react and being physically levered off the ball in a seemingly innocuous position, leading to goals. Evident that everyone has to be on it for the full 90, both physically and mentally........and yet another dubious pen given against us.
One of those spells where most things not running for the side..........could do with at least one new combative, strong, fast player in defence/midfield by the looks of things...lets hope McFadden is that type.

In IC we trust...COYL !