Author Topic: Street departs  (Read 1105 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Street departs
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2020, 03:40:57 PM »
Mair is one of two keepers named in the Scotland U19s' squad for the UEFA U19 Championship with games on 11th, 14th and 17th November.

The last two dates are Sutton United and Barnet (both away)

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 03:43:48 PM »
Sorry to see Pedro leave. IMO he deserved better.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2020, 04:31:12 PM »
I think everyone accepted that as a Club at this level we needed to go with two decent  keepers.  Box ticked.

Then comes the problem.  How do you keep two class keepers happy.  Unique position.  Can only use one.  Obviously IC and Bastock thought the young lad was the better keeper ( jury out on that one).  It’s there opinion that counts.  They went with Mair.  So what do you do with Street ?   There lies the rub.   From the first game when he wasn’t in the 16 then the result was only going to be a parting of the ways.

Sad to see him go.  Great service to the Club, but players move on.   The fans have backed IC every step of the way and he has delivered.   So have to believe he has made the right call on this one.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2020, 05:30:11 PM »
Alex's treatment has been nothing short of disgusting....Lynn will be nothing other than a stepping stone in Mairs career to who knows where.....but then we shouldnt be surprised....as that's all Lynn are to IC in his managerial career....would be interesting next season if Lynn got relegated... :dontknow: :dontknow:
Best watch your back as well michael clunan...you're the last remaining local lad....on the pitch anyway
The others are firmly up the chairmans.......
Good luck Alex...you will not be out of the game for long, some team are about to benefit hugely from Lynn's mistake

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2020, 06:16:30 PM »
I believe that the majority of supporters, knowing how loyal to the Club Alex has been, will feel he was pushed rather than decided to leave.

Nobody doubts his ability and that he's more than good enough for this level.

So, if we need two Keepers, and if any statement saying he left of his own accord is regarded as just a smokescreen, what possible reason could there be for his departure?

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2020, 06:21:44 PM »
Personally, think it an interesting decision to take the 2 Norwich loanees this season........both undoubtedly talented...... one doesn't naturally fit into the way the team has played so far and the other would be contesting a position against a player who has been one of Lynn's best for 10 years and who is at his peak.

So on reflection, I come to the conclusion that IC probably didn't fancy Pedro for this season. I suspect we are seeing a dismantling of the whole of the old defensive line, with all the old characters leaving, (some of them with strong links to a past manager)....... and the rebuilding of a new one. I fully expect Lupano and Mc Fadden to be in prime position, if the season should continue as far as December.
We will eventually end up with a full squad of Culverhouse 'picks' and no inherited players, which I guess is the way any manager would like it.
In many ways it's easier to do this with matches played behind doors........the Linnets fans are "seeing" a number of favourites leaving, without a huge amount of evidence thus far, that the replacements are better(tho they have the pedigree).
We have to believe, I guess, that tho painful, this is for the greater good and given IC's record and experience, that this will benefit KLTFC in the long run.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2020, 07:17:45 PM »
In edp peds says he decided to leave after being told he would be number two.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2020, 08:08:39 PM »
I could see this was going to happen never the less it saddens me to see Pedro leave,he has been a good servant to the club so good luck Peds with your new club

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2020, 08:29:03 PM »
Weren't there rumours a year or so ago about Pedro departing and him saying that one of the reasons for him to stay was that he had a testimonial to come?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2020, 10:25:18 PM »
In my opinion I think it is disgusting that such a loyal servant to the club has been ousted in this way,hope Mr Bastock has kept his gloves in good condition,he will be the only other recognised keeper we have! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2020, 11:09:18 PM »
Sad to see him go, but as a City fan I was sad to see Joe Hart go, but heyho things change, times move on and am more than happy with Ederson. Personally I don't see see it as a great character trait that Street wasn't prepared to stick it out and prove to the manager he could be the number one number one. I've only seen the Yeovil game this season and in my honest opinion he looked the weak link, flappy on high balls, poor punching, poor positioning and generally out of his depth, maybe better suited to being a big fish in a small pond ??
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2020, 11:46:11 PM »
The academy managers a GK...we have another recognised GK at the club... :farmer: