Author Topic: Alex Street  (Read 2300 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Alex Street
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 09:09:40 AM »
How about a future FA Trophy draw......Bedford v Lynn.........on a Saturday when there's a Scotland U19 match and the pubs are back open....what are the chances :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 10:45:46 AM »
More chance of Trump the Sulk getting a 2nd term.   Amazing how he got a first.    As they say only in America.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 11:33:04 AM »
I would modify that....."Only in America....and in recent times the UK"

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »
Then again, you always have to look at what the alternative would have been.

:laughcry:  :laughcry:  :laughcry:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 06:13:16 PM »
Agree with KES.  Always amazed when people rightly criticise the Orange Man, but change the subject when his big pals from this side are mentioned.  One of them was on stage with him last week, and the other uses the same barber, methinks ! - well same barber, different bouffant !

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
I have nothing but admiration for alex, given his loyalty to the club. The season Danny gay came in and knocked Alex down the pecking order he was offered the chance to leave then but stuck around to win 'his' shirt back. However, i feel like he has almost  'chucked his toys out' as such after Archie was rightly or wrongly made number 1. I get anyone would want to play regularly however i think he was used to be a lone ranger for almost all the decade he was here so didnt like it when competition arrived.  I also feel as though setch as had a hand in him deciding to leave looking through his tweets previously.

Only my opinion

Guy just wanted to play football. He was never winning his shirt back unfortunately, because how can he when he canít play to prove himself? When he canít even make bench, may as well cut losses and move on. Had Kingís Lynn actually had him on contract heíd still be there. So a schoolboy error from them there, and something Culverhouse apparently didnít know about.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2020, 05:53:29 PM »
I find that hard to believe that IC didnít know something has basic as which player is or isnít on contract.   

Just have to accept that IC and Bastock thought Mair was the better of the two keepers.  Street is far better than to drop 3 levels.   Like you say Non League guess he just wants to play and enjoy his Saturday afternoons.  At nearly 30 years of age who can blame him.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2020, 07:39:58 PM »
I find that hard to believe that IC didnít know something has basic as which player is or isnít on contract.   
The way the Lynn News reported it it sounds like such things were left to the Director of Football.
https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/linnets-agree-terms-with-two-more-players-at-the-walks-9110810/
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2020, 08:11:44 PM »
That explains it then.... :farmer: :farmer:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »
I think Hawkins was a mutual thing, or at least  Lynn wanted to offload him.   With Street then did the club get a fee from Bedford.   Not like the Chairman to make the most of an opportunity  to get a few K In.   Surely thatís the point of having contracts.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2020, 11:16:01 AM »
Guess Alex might as well have stayed for another month...just incase mair got injured..hes not playing any football after all.....cant believe the brains at the club didnt foresee this lockdown may happen and offered him something just to hang on for a month longer..... :dontknow:......but then I guess it's dark up there...... :farmer: