Author Topic: Port Vale - FA Cup  (Read 2303 times)

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
Re: Port Vale - FA Cup
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 07:55:00 PM »
Seemingly that is correct Mallard, allowed to play but not train. Another FA cock up.
That didn't stop the likes of Marine though did it.
Well done to all the successful teams, especially those against league opposition and also the likes of Eastleigh and Torquay who gave bigger teams a big scare.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 10:33:47 PM »
As I understand it those Clubs at Step 3 and below who are still in the FA Cup are now not allowed to train ( as a group) or play any games until the 2nd round.

Well, that seems to be completely pointless!   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2020, 12:54:25 AM »
Was a very good win, and the best defensive performance I think I have seen under Culverhouse.
Defenders weren't marauding forward much, and did an excellent job.
One of the all round best wins I've seen.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 09:34:51 AM »
As I understand it those Clubs at Step 3 and below who are still in the FA Cup are now not allowed to train ( as a group) or play any games until the 2nd round.

Well, that seems to be completely pointless!   :dontknow:
The Marine manager suggested in his interview that had managed to get that rule relaxed

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2020, 09:49:37 AM »

Maybe we would fancy one of those ?

I believe the teams that are still in the FA Cup (as an elite competition) are still allowed to train. But will not be playing any games outside the 2nd (or subsequent) round of the FA Cup.

Shows how arbitrary the rules are, and may give them an advantage, as they can train for 3/4 weeks with their mind on one game, whilst teams above have a full schedule, and other teams in their league are forbidden from training.

Anton

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2020, 12:34:27 PM »
My 1st post on this forum! Anyway a great win for the Linnets and a few bob in the kitty. Hope we get a good draw in the next round.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2020, 01:27:26 PM »
My 1st post on this forum! Anyway a great win for the Linnets and a few bob in the kitty. Hope we get a good draw in the next round.

Welcome.
  :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »

After being kicked off Strictly at the first attempt you should have plenty of time to post. :laughcry:

Anton

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2020, 02:05:26 PM »
 Nice one,made me laugh! :worship:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2020, 02:33:22 PM »
Nice one,made me laugh! :worship:

Don't encourage him! 

:laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2020, 06:00:43 PM »
Yes, please don't :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: