Author Topic: Pitch cover  (Read 847 times)

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Pitch cover
« on: November 05, 2020, 08:42:30 PM »
If im right in thinking all funding required for the covers was gained. Does anyone know whats happened to them? Have they been ordered? or has the money just been put aside.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pitch cover
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 08:52:59 PM »
From Saturday's EDP, quoting Stephen Cleeve:
"Luckily, I have just bought a full-size pitch protector for the club so that box was ticked,"

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 01:12:57 PM »
 I wonder if a viable option to the training venue situation would be to turn the walks pitch into an artificial pitch....like sutton utd....training could then be held at the walks....all of the clubs team could play their home games there...and there would also be the option to hiring it out to the community... :dontknow:
An initial big outlay granted but the long term benefits are there for all to see.... :dontknow:
I dont know how much an artificial pitch would cost but the outlay over recent seasons on the existing pitch seems to be substantial and by looks of it....never ending

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 01:52:00 PM »
I wonder if a viable option to the training venue situation would be to turn the walks pitch into an artificial pitch....like sutton utd....training could then be held at the walks....all of the clubs team could play their home games there...and there would also be the option to hiring it out to the community... :dontknow:
An initial big outlay granted but the long term benefits are there for all to see.... :dontknow:
I dont know how much an artificial pitch would cost but the outlay over recent seasons on the existing pitch seems to be substantial and by looks of it....never ending

There’s the issue that as the ground is owned by the council, they’d have to approve it. And with the one at Lynnsport not being utilised anywhere near capacity, they might not want another pitch that can be hired out competing with them.

Plus, if the impossible happened and we get promoted, it’d have to be torn up again.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 06:12:44 PM »
Aaaah I see...thanks LL...just thinking out loud

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 08:40:29 PM »

There’s the issue that as the ground is owned by the council, they’d have to approve it. And with the one at Lynnsport not being utilised anywhere near capacity, they might not want another pitch that can be hired out competing with them.

Plus, if the impossible happened and we get promoted, it’d have to be torn up again.
LL i thought the problem was that LYNNSPORT is well and truly booked out (when the lockdown allows).
Harrogate have just had to dig their artificial pitch up and have been playing their first home games at Doncaster.
Its a pity that the council don't allow an artificial pitch behind the back stand. There always used to be a  pitch on that piece of land.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 10:35:04 PM »
Two pitches on that field, Gordon, as I remember it. Sheeny always grabbed the one nearest the railway for Park Avenue FC.

It got very wet there, as it does now, but an artificial pitch would be just the job.