Author Topic: FA Cup 2nd Round draw  (Read 1520 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
FA Cup 2nd Round draw
« on: November 09, 2020, 06:36:21 AM »
Programme starts at 7pm on BBC2.    The magic number to look out for is 38

Non League

• View Profile
Re: FA Cup 2nd Round draw
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 02:13:36 PM »
Right mixture of teams in 2nd round. Always a dilemma now at this stage if you could pick a side. One that's a lesser side on paper, and potential to really get into 3rd round and draw one of the heavyweights. Or take whoever, and if it's a League 1 side away, another chance to cause an upset.

P'Boro away for me ideal. Pompey home/away for the bigger side. Chorley/Marine/Canvey at home for the lesser tie.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 05:29:12 PM »
Right mixture of teams in 2nd round. Always a dilemma now at this stage if you could pick a side. One that's a lesser side on paper, and potential to really get into 3rd round and draw one of the heavyweights. Or take whoever, and if it's a League 1 side away, another chance to cause an upset.

P'Boro away for me ideal. Pompey home/away for the bigger side. Chorley/Marine/Canvey at home for the lesser tie.

:cup2: :cup2: I have to say, with no crowds allowed, the tie is worth the same amount of money whether we draw a smaller team or indeed a so called bigger team. Bearing this in mind I would choose to hopefully draw a so called smaller team, hopefully allowing us a better chance of progressing and earning another payday in the next round, however nothing is given in this competition, you still have to turn up and beat what is out in front of you. COYL.  :cup2: :cup2:

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 06:50:07 PM »
With the carrot being dangled in this round being your name in the hat for round 3 I doubt there is an easy game to be had... :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »
Portsmouth away.   Has to be one of the live games.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 07:24:00 PM »
Portsmouth are sitting 7th in EFL One.

COYL  :scarf: :scarf: :bus:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 07:30:25 PM »
Winners over Ipswich with a blatantly offside winner. Where was VAR when you need it?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 07:32:51 PM »
Portsmouth were FA Cup winners the year before we went belly up.   Strange old game.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 09:11:49 PM »
Strong chance it could be on TV. Sure itís something like £25k (might be more) when on TV in the early rounds. Guaranteed £8k even if you lose, so could be another nice windfall.

Tractor Boy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 09:58:14 PM »
Thank goodness we lost to Portsmouth on Saturday, I couldn't have coped!!!

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 11:54:33 PM »
Portsmouth away.   Has to be one of the live games.

It's also doable.

No crowds,  just 11 men vs 11 men.

We'll be right up for it. It's our cup final.  They have the fear of losing. 

We don't.
Make every day a Sun day.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 08:56:01 AM »
Has anyone any idea when TV games announced? I hope sour game is on TV rather than Stream, don't want to pay for a game then have same trouble as Port Vale where I couldn't get the video, only sound.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 10:50:28 AM »
If the match is chosen for live TV coverage, does anyone know whether Lynn will receive a share of the tv money? If so, what sort of figure is that likely to be? Itís a great draw for the players to experience historic Fratton Park and any extra cash for the club will be an extra bonus.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
If the match is chosen for live TV coverage, does anyone know whether Lynn will receive a share of the tv money? If so, what sort of figure is that likely to be? Itís a great draw for the players to experience historic Fratton Park and any extra cash for the club will be an extra bonus.

Apparently, all stream income is to be split evenly between the clubs involved.

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2020, 04:37:05 PM »
To Colin Fuller, was not my experience Colin, final nail in the coffin had a howler lost 6-0 at least 2 my fault playing for Watford reserves was released
at the end of the season. signed some young kid, why on earth they thought he would be better than me I don't know. Pat Jennings he didn't last long did he LOL.