Author Topic: Past Cup heroes  (Read 495 times)

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
Past Cup heroes
« on: November 09, 2020, 01:49:42 PM »
It is great for the club to enjoy the Cup success at the weekend  - and long may it continue. But it is also right to remember past Cup exploits and heroes. Two members of Lynnís famous run to the third round and Goodson Park have died during the past two years.
Mick Wright was saluted on the clubís website at the time of his death and I seem to recall that the club said a fitting memorial to Mick would be planned. Does anyone know if anything has moved on that?  And was any tribute paid in memory of Ronnie Bacon, who died recently?  I certainly donít recall any mention of it on the Lynn FC website.

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Past Cup heroes
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 01:58:00 PM »
Not sure about anything for Mick Wright but the club said it was delaying the tribute to Ronnie Bacon until such time as fans were allowed back into the ground and be part of, which seems a reasonable stance to me.

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 03:19:56 PM »
Mick Wright is still on the agender it is matter just to pin down
Steven Cleave for a meeting, but as you can see there a lot
going on at the moment and has been for 6 months or more,
but I for one have not for gottern dear Mick. As for Ronnie Bacon
there was a full page in the Boreham Wood Programme which
you can obtain from the club I believe.

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 05:40:57 PM »
Thanks for the information. So pleased to see these two Lynn legends are still remembered.  As a youngster I spent many happy hours watching them at The Walks. I recall they shared a testimonial match with Tony Chilleystone in 1967.