Author Topic: Sutton Utd v King's Lynn Town FC - Saturday 14 Nov 2020  (Read 1822 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Sutton Utd v King's Lynn Town FC - Saturday 14 Nov 2020
« on: November 11, 2020, 11:30:53 AM »
After the excitement of the win at Port Vale we return to the National League with a visit to Sutton United on Saturday 14th.

Laying 4th in the Table (Lynn 18th) Sutton were beaten 0 - 1 by Notts County at Home but have beaten Maidenhead 3 - 0 (Home). Their Away record is impressive with 3 x Wins.

If we can reproduce the performance against Port Vale I can see us gaining at least 1point.

Start with the same formation and players as at PV.

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Sutton Utd v King's Lynn Town FC - Saturday 14 Nov 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 01:59:20 PM »
Think IC will change at least two of the front three - Marriott & Carey have to be in our starting 11 and Mitchell also comes back into the reckoning after missing last weekend through being cup tied.  May need to 'manage' the midfield too as we go back to Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday which I don't think Jarvis can manage but IC doesn't seem keen to give Barker a start.  No news on Jones so assume he is still out for a couple more weeks but hopefully back soon.  My team

Mair
Barrows, Lupano, McAuley, Brown
      Clunan, Jarvis, Richards
                 Carey
         Marriott, Mitchell

subs Smith, Barker, Kelly, Loza, Southwell

Anton

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »
Conferdance will be high and thats got to be a good thing.. A point would be good :scarf:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 08:55:17 AM »
Got my Streaming Ticket and hoping all goes well watching this time.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 09:10:32 AM »
Will the Conference Dance be on Strictly or the football highlights!
No streaming for me after donations to Maidenhead and Solihull for not being able to get the matches !! ( due I imagine to my lack of IT skill) will make do with the Radio Norfolk commentary and Subbuteo!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 05:07:48 PM »
With back to back victories boasting the confidence levels of the squad tomorrow should be interesting.    A point on the road is always a good point.  So everyone would take that, Iím sure.   A defeat By the odd goal wouldnít be a big pill to swallow, a heavy defeat would.   

Letís see if we are improving, defensively.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 12:35:06 PM »
Mair and Lupano have made a real difference to the defence.  Iím assuming none of Jones, Power, and King are available.  Disappointing, for me at least.  Without them, the Dilly team for today that is suggested for the management, (IMHO), is as follows......  Mair;  Barrows, Lupano, McAuley/Smith, Brown;  Richards, Carey, Loza, Kelly;  Southwell, Marriott.  Subs McAuley/Smith, Clunan, Jarvis, Mitchell, Bastock.  I feel we need to keep them back in their half, worried about our slippery nipstering.....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 12:44:33 PM »
McAuley rather than Smith, I feel.

Also don't feel Kelly has  quite done enough to force his way into the side at this stage and take the shirt away from one of the others.

Owldtup

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 02:58:58 PM »
Streaming good in first time for once.
Hoping for the Linnets to carry on the good work.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 04:30:22 PM »
Shambles. Seriously need to change things up in the league. 23 goals conceded in league and counting. Hopefully that new CB who might be coming can organise things better.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 05:08:03 PM »
Not the defenceís fault..  We are simply not putting them on the back foot enough.  We have to stop trying to keep them out, but pick a team to spend a lot more time in their half.  Thatís defence as well.  They had too many nipsters, as usual.  We should pick ours, and take Ďem on instead of trying to keep them out.  Still got potential, though. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 06:29:44 PM »
Hopefully that new CB who might be coming can organise things better.

Absolutely no doubt he will.

He could well be our main man and inspiration for next couple of seasons, and something to build on.   :scarf:
Football supporters are the true voice of football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal