Author Topic: Tough day........  (Read 2266 times)

Non League

• View Profile
Re: Tough day........
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 10:06:49 AM »
The amount conceded is the real worry. 24 in 8 games is very poor. Not conceded less than 2 in a league game yet. It really needs sorting out, because teams are playing Lynn knowing there's goals to be had. The main positive still in our favour, are the goals we can score. It's a very good return. So whilst that can be maintained, survival is still viable because other teams would love to have goals from multiple players that Lynn have.

Next 4 league games are big though. Against sides who realistically could be in and around come end of the season. Minimum 7 points from them please.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 11:15:03 PM »
I agree that our goals against is a real worry, but donít agree that we need better defenders.  We are losing so many goals because opponents spend an inordinate amount of time in our half and box.  The top teams in this league have small quick players that are running us ragged, and mainly because they get so many entries into and around our box with the ball at their feet.  We canít get to their danger area very often because we donít have players of that sort, or arenít picking them.  Teams with good defensive records have 8 or 9 back behind the ball, not better defenders.  I believe formations only work on a subbuteo board, because real players move.  Itís my last post, because weíre all on the same side in the end !!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 11:56:00 AM »
We do either need better defenders or our existing defenders to defend better...... picking up at set pieces, not allowing yourself to be rolled or turned etc.

We are being done for pace and also for strength....this is most often from tall big strong players who can also turn on the gas... it's called being a full time professional...your small little nipsters Dilly have been in the minority in the games I have watched..

We have a young team largely brought up on part time football......some have the pace, but not yet the required strength, some of the older ones, the strength but not the pace. Ideally for this league you need the majority of your side to be 25-28 yrs old, big, tall, strong , fast athletes who are comfortable with the ball at their feet...not much of an ask...is it :laughcry:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal