Author Topic: Barnet away Tuesday  (Read 3578 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet away Tuesday
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 01:08:45 PM »
Ok - not my last post !  So many people in England, never mind KL, want their team to have 3CHs, 2 FBs, a GK, a couple of hard-tackling M-F hooligans, ....   We’d never get out of our own penalty area !  Then a couple of their small nipsters will score another 5 !  IMHO !  COYLs.  Pick a team to worry them, then everyone back if they get a touch of the ball !!  Start tonight !
Half the goals we've conceded this season are from set-plays so work out how small players will stop that? Some of the best teams and managers in the world play back 5s. But dilly knows better than them?

I think Dilly is just expressing his opinion.
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 05:37:22 PM »
Ok - not my last post !  So many people in England, never mind KL, want their team to have 3CHs, 2 FBs, a GK, a couple of hard-tackling M-F hooligans, ....   We’d never get out of our own penalty area !  Then a couple of their small nipsters will score another 5 !  IMHO !  COYLs.  Pick a team to worry them, then everyone back if they get a touch of the ball !!  Start tonight !
Half the goals we've conceded this season are from set-plays so work out how small players will stop that? Some of the best teams and managers in the world play back 5s. But dilly knows better than them?

Maybe It’s those slippery Nipster who win the free kicks/corners etc that allows the opposition the chances from re-starts ?

Have to admit players are getting free runs and unchallenged headers in.  Seems to be a recurring theme.  Are we matching up man for man or zonal? 

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 05:39:28 PM »
Anyway, Saturday and all that is in the past.  We have a blank sheet of paper going into the game tonight.  A win and 3 points tonight will make the World seem a brighter place.  Sod the performance even a scratchy old 0-0 will do for me.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2020, 05:57:55 PM »
Sod the performance even a scratchy old 0-0 will do for me.

More than capable of achieving that!

:scarf:
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2020, 07:39:04 PM »
Spresto - Small nipsters wouldn’t stop them, but we’d be up the other end with them stopping us, or not !  I just think attack is the best form of defence.   And if we’re talking worldwide, I watched Barca and Spain- with no “holding players, and no CF “holding it up” winning every match for about 10 years !  I recall the Spain manager, on being asked why he hadn’t picked a CF striker - he said he had six players to score goals !  And Alonso (L’pool/real m/ Spain said he doesn’t understand the English obsession with “tackling” !  But, Thanks B & G, It’s only my opinion.  It might be rubbish, but it’s fun ! cOYLs.  Don’t like the selection tonight, though, by the way !  Can’t imagine crossing the half way line with the ball.  Nice to see SK though....  FINITO !!!

Spreston7

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2020, 09:58:08 PM »
That's some result away at Barnet. Great way to respond from Sutton, I thought Rory was excellent along with smith at the back. The five at the back first half set the foundations for a great win. UTL :scarf:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal