Author Topic: Barnet away Tuesday  (Read 3445 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Barnet away Tuesday
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 12:15:06 PM »
Hi Non League......yes that line up and train of thought is similar to what I have been advocating. Think it would work well if the defence was more reliable, but the line up could do with extra support for the defence...so far, little evidence of Loza, Power or King tracking back and getting solid challenges in.....so with that line up I could see us losing something like 7-4 !!!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 12:17:07 PM »
Seems as if we will always require at least 3 goals if we are going to win!   :dontknow:
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 12:42:08 PM »
Interesting people are going with the same back five that shipped 5 goals at the weekend.  Limited options to change things, so the hope is that will show a different mind set 72 hours later ?   Big test of IC to get into the same group of players,  and get this famous reaction that Manager/Coaches hang their hat on.

Lets remember the squad of last season very much over achieved ( IC told us this seemingly every week).   So to now be a level higher, maybe its a step to far for many of them?

Anton

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 01:04:06 PM »
Good luck to the Linnets tomorrow night at Barnet. Promotion to higher league is not easy with more or less the same players.  Look at Norwich, best team in the Championship but poor in the top flight of football.  This year will be a learning year for the Linnets and if we can manage to stay in this league maybe next year we will a far better team. Hopefully we can turn it around tomorrow night.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 03:37:26 PM »

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 07:58:32 PM »
The stream may not have made the cut, but the highlights are bound to be good at Barnet.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 08:57:59 PM »
Beehive back in fashion is it KES ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2020, 09:34:02 PM »
Not yet fully back...."just on the fringe".

Just hoping we don't have to "comb-over" problems resulting from being "too short at the back"  at the end of tomorrow night's match.

I am "rinse"nably hopeful of a result if we "cut out", basic errors and "trim" down the number of "snip"sters in midfield, but if we do win I am expecting it to be a "close shave".

Time for a Marriott masterclass...we all "mohican" do it.

Sorry for posting such drivel and "bald"erdash...... lockdown is obviously finally getting to me !

Btw ....has anyone been to  Barnet Fair .....or is that a thing of eons ago ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 09:39:20 PM »
Ps still operates apparently.....Horse Fair

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »
Barnet FC have hopefully cured their Streaming issues by changing providers.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2020/november/an-update-on-our-streaming-arrangements/
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Attack is the Best Form of Defence. (It works for the Military which is also a Team.)

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 11:09:52 AM »
Ok - not my last post !  So many people in England, never mind KL, want their team to have 3CHs, 2 FBs, a GK, a couple of hard-tackling M-F hooligans, ....   Wed never get out of our own penalty area !  Then a couple of their small nipsters will score another 5 !  IMHO !  COYLs.  Pick a team to worry them, then everyone back if they get a touch of the ball !!  Start tonight !

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 11:24:37 AM »
Ok - not my last post !  So many people in England, never mind KL, want their team to have 3CHs, 2 FBs, a GK, a couple of hard-tackling M-F hooligans, ....   Wed never get out of our own penalty area !  Then a couple of their small nipsters will score another 5 !  IMHO !  COYLs.  Pick a team to worry them, then everyone back if they get a touch of the ball !!  Start tonight !

Shall we sign a team of Italians?  :dontknow:

:laughcry:
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2020, 11:34:29 AM »
I don't agree with the small quick players causing us problems.
Look at the goals we are conceding from corners.
That's what needs sorting, picking up opposition players at set pieces.
We are more than capable of scoring goals, as the team has shown.
Just have to shut the back door now.
Simple! 👍

Spreston7

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »
Half the goals we've conceded this season are from set-plays so work out how small players will stop that? Some of the best teams and managers in the world play back 5s. But dilly knows better than them?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2020, 12:32:17 PM »
Surely in the first instance it is about getting the defensive basics right, like not allowing the opposition free headers at set pieces?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal