Author Topic: More bail out money  (Read 4569 times)

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: More bail out money
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 10:43:55 PM »
It needs more detail.
I assume away supporters will not be allowed?
It's bad enough that some home supporters might travel together.
Interesting to see on Ollie Bayliss' chart on Twitter that the Walks has an 8,200 capacity.

Meaning that the York game was only half full?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 08:32:56 AM »
Crazy that the proposal is that Old Trafford can have 4,000 fans in and Kings Lynn could have 2-2500.

Surely SC and MH will see that’s not possible and reduce the numbers to a more manageable socially distancing level.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 08:46:35 AM »

And you wonder how strictly social distancing will be enforced? Will enforcement be proactive or retroactive? If there’s scenes of mass congregating after the first week of fixtures, will this change be one and done?

Giving how people congregated for certain FA Cup games behind goals, I don't think anything would change. There'll be images where it looks like people are packed on top of each other, but as long as some distance (even like 1/2 m) between people/groups then it'll be all fair game.

Bit of dilemma for King's Lynn morally this too. They can take the route of spacing things right out and only having say 1000 - 1200 fans in the ground, or have it a bit less space, and take advantage of Norwich not having full house all season, go for the 2000 mark (or more depending on Tier) and try and tap into potential new fans ready for the following season. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • One pill makes you larger one pill makes you small
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 10:17:52 AM »
Bit of dilemma for King's Lynn morally this too.

Well ,that raised the first smile of the day!  :laughcry:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 10:24:23 AM »
It must be a dilemma for SC.

On one hand he is losing the 84k Gov money ( via Camelot). But is being told he can have 2,000 fans in.    On the other hand he has the total responsibility of ensuring the ground can cope with having 2,000 fans/customers  in a safe and health conscious way.

The last thing the club will want is to be the cause of a spike in the area prior to Christmas.

Tough call for him.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • One pill makes you larger one pill makes you small
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 10:36:47 AM »
It must be a dilemma for SC.

On one hand he is losing the 84k Gov money ( via Camelot). But is being told he can have 2,000 fans in.    On the other hand he has the total responsibility of ensuring the ground can cope with having 2,000 fans/customers  in a safe and health conscious way.

The last thing the club will want is to be the cause of a spike in the area prior to Christmas.

Tough call for him.

Probably falls more on the shoulders of the Health and Safety Officer. Big responsibility for him. Not something I would personally like to be responsible for.
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 12:00:24 PM »
Will 2000 want to attend?
What health and safety measures are needed?
Face masks to be worn!
Two metre space at the loos!
NO indoor catering. Can we bring a flask, are own multi pack chocolate bar and sandwiches!
After taking care since March I will make do with Radio Norfolk, the Championship on Quest and Match of the Day all of which constitutes an adequate diet of football !!
The live football will be enjoyed by the players/management
starting with the great occasion for them next Saturday- a great reward for their efforts in recent times.
COYL.
STAY SAFE - Be patient and look forward with optimism to eradication of the virus!

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2020, 12:01:30 PM »
Being of a certain age (!) it's my personal responsibility to take all necessary precautions during this awful pandemic. Having said that, my physical health has to be balanced with my mental health and well-being. It's really a balancing act for the Govt. and their medical/scientific advisers. Provided we all behave properly in and out of the stadium then I will make every effort to come along and support the LINNETS. Heard on Radio Norfolk that the game for the 1st December MAY be moved to the 2nd to allow fans in.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 12:01:45 PM »
The club, the venue, the H&S officer, the Chairman, his Uncle Tom Cobbley, can set whatever system, precaution, spaces, markings, signage they like but ultimately the paying customer, spectator have a responsibility for themselves to not act like idiots and keep their own distancing where required.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2020, 12:17:37 PM »
Being of a certain age (!) it's my personal responsibility to take all necessary precautions during this awful pandemic. Having said that, my physical health has to be balanced with my mental health and well-being. It's really a balancing act for the Govt. and their medical/scientific advisers. Provided we all behave properly in and out of the stadium then I will make every effort to come along and support the LINNETS. Heard on Radio Norfolk that the game for the 1st December MAY be moved to the 2nd to allow fans in.

Sorry Doug The 2nd December is included in the lockdown period

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 01:51:39 PM »
Lockdown ends 12.01am on Wednesday, December 2
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 02:48:08 PM »
It needs more detail.
I assume away supporters will not be allowed?
It's bad enough that some home supporters might travel together.
Interesting to see on Ollie Bayliss' chart on Twitter that the Walks has an 8,200 capacity.

I believe the capacity is around 4300 ( i think). I know it was reduced because of a few issues with the crush barriers in the north stand ( one adjacent to the walks) i know some failed a test last year. Then take into consideration the segregation zones so that will minus a few off of it aswell. I  know the oldham game there was 5,444 and that was a tight fit.

Will the main stand be able to be used by fans with the subs and some club officials taking up a few rows of seats either side of the directors box.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2020, 04:48:15 PM »
Lockdown ends 12.01am on Wednesday, December 2
I have seen that too Nemesis and there appears to be confusion as shops/ hairdressers etc are saying that cannot or will not open until the 3rd
If it was supposed to be for 28 days it would include the 1st and 2nd
26 days in November ( missing the first 4 ) plus 1st and 2nd December  But can Boris count?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2020, 04:55:03 PM »
Football league looking at moving some games scheduled for the 1st December to the 2nd.

Linnet

• View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal