Re: FA CUP
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2020, 01:40:57 PM »
Who would you get rid of TonyM?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2020, 05:33:28 PM »
Who would you get rid of TonyM?

Not a case of 'getting rid of' aany individual more a case of being practical - if the budget is a finite pot and we can only have 16 in the matchday squad which, if we are going to be playing a 'back 5', means there will be limited opportunities for the forwards to make the 16.  Being realistic the 16 will be something like this:

Keeper (no sub) - Mair
Defenders - 5 + 1 sub - Jones, Barrows, McFadden, Smith, McAuley, Brown, Fleming (7)
Midfield - 3 + 2 subs - Clunan, Richards, Jarvis, Kelly, Carey, King (6)
Forwards - 2 + 2 subs - Marriott, Gash, Mitchell, Southwell, Loza, Power (6)

Even allowing for injuries, rotation, suspensions the squad still looks a bit 'forward heavy' and 'defender light' to me - maybe Fleming is that player but I don't see him putting pressure on any of the other defenders for their place.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2020, 11:11:17 PM »
We canít block or check opponents runs in the penalty area.  We would concede penalties !  Itís ok in American football ( not soccer !).  And I canít see that weíre defender heavy - we had 3 CHs on Sat, and 3 more defenders plus a GK.  Thatís why we hardly get in their half against good teams.  Chorley are virtually bottom of NLDiv 1 Nth, yet they were in Píbroís half as often as the other way round.  Attacking is defending too....  OK, now for Bromley......All IMHO, Weíre all on the same side, just pooling ideas, but not sure IC has it right yet, maybe he should get us all in !

Spreston7

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2020, 11:18:36 PM »
A bit of a reality check needed though, we are 14th in the conference with one of the lowest budgets in our first season. I think IC and the coaching staff have got it more than right.  :banghead;

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2020, 08:24:29 AM »
A bit of a reality check needed though, we are 14th in the conference with one of the lowest budgets in our first season. I think IC and the coaching staff have got it more than right.  :banghead;

Fully accept that mid table is a good position and would be more than happy if IC and the squad can maintain that for the rest of the season but not sure that we are 'one of the lowest budgets' in this league - yes there are a few big spenders but plenty in or around where we supposedly are and I would imagine some are a good bit lower.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2020, 09:46:47 AM »
SC said in a previous podcast that the outgoings of the club are over 100k per month.   Iím sure we have a reasonable budget for this League.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2020, 12:13:10 PM »

We can finish higher than 14th tho

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »

Always get more posts on here when we lose than when we win - hardly any after beating Dover.

14th place finish would be great for the first season at this level.

Spreston7

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2020, 12:46:34 PM »
 I know as a fact we are in the lowest 5 for the budget in this league so will not argue that.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • The benefit of living here is the benefits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2020, 12:49:54 PM »
Unless a member of the Clubs senior management (or its Accountant/book keeper) I have no idea how anyone would know what our own budget really is, let alone what other Clubs are.   :dontknow:

When it comes to budgets, its usually speculation.
Apparently the Clocks go back this month, but I'm buggered if I can remember where I got mine from!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2020, 01:00:36 PM »

14th place finish would be great for the first season at this level.

Have to agree 100% with that one Paul.  One place above the bottom 3 would do for me, but I think as a squad we are better than that.

Loma  saying we are a better side than the Woking team he was part of last season tells me we will be ok.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2020, 01:10:52 PM »
Unless a member of the Clubs senior management (or its Accountant/book keeper) I have no idea how anyone would know what our own budget really is, let alone what other Clubs are.   :dontknow:

When it comes to budgets, its usually speculation.

Yes all this Ď I know more than youí stuff cuts very little ice. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »
People say "as long as we survive" this season but..

we should strive to be the best we can and without putting targets or unnecessary pressure on anyone, I can see the defensive frailties gradually being sorted and Lynn ending up doing a lot, lot better than just surviving.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2020, 05:53:58 PM »
The Non League pundits had us in a relegation fight.  Think we are a bit better than that.  Mid table is a decent aim for us.  This is season is our first Ďsightedí at this level.   Lots Iím sure has been learnt.

SC has backed his club with two promotions so far by bankrolling those promotions and Iím sure he will carry on with that MO to achieve is aim of Football League.    All about getting the timing right.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • The benefit of living here is the benefits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »

SC has backed his club with two promotions so far by bankrolling those promotions and Iím sure he will carry on with that MO to achieve is aim of Football League. 

Have to agree with that. He's used his own methods to get the Club this far. Changing things now would seem pointless.
Apparently the Clocks go back this month, but I'm buggered if I can remember where I got mine from!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal