Author Topic: FA CUP  (Read 7106 times)

NORMSKI

• View Profile
FA CUP
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:14:43 AM »
With all the discussion surrounding future fixtures regarding ground capacity it seems that Saturdays game has been completely overlooked.
I would like to see the same system as we used at Barnet where we set out not to concede and hope to get a goal on the break or take the game to penalties.

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: FA CUP
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 05:15:09 PM »
Difficult balancing act for IC again - does he play his strongest side or does he make use of the squad in light of the midweek game against Bromley?  I would continue with the back five and bring Lupano in for McAuley if Hull will allow him to play in the cup.  In front of that I wouldn't risk Richards even if he is fit again so Clunan and Jarvis to shore up the midfield and then perm any three from the rest which seems like it might include Gash, although again whether this is the game to bring him back in is open to debate.  Think we have to set up to be solid and then break when we can so I would go with:

Mair
Barrows, McFadden, Smith, Lupano, Brown
                Clunan, Jarvis
Loza                                    Power
               Southwell

subs McAuley, Kelly, King, Marriott, Gash with a view to getting King and Marriott on the pitch if it does look like going to penalties (which I accept is wishful thinking)

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 05:27:39 PM »
Why would you want to leave MacAuly out and Lupano has gone back to Hull

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »
Why would you want to leave MacAuly out and Lupano has gone back to Hull

I would have left McAuley out as part of rotating the back three and Lupano is probably a little bit quicker, sorry I hadn't seen the club's press release to say he had gone back to Hull which again unbalances the squad and leaves us short of cover at the back.  Just read the Dover report and Lupano's exit was a footnote to the report (I don't generally read reports on games I watch)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 08:53:03 AM »
All I wish for is the Team and the Manager to give a good account of themselves.   No shame in getting beat at a top League One side but just don’t want to see a thrashing.     It’s a free hit for us.

Now if we did manage to hold em for 90 mins and it went to pens.... hmmmm interesting.  What an amazing achievement IF ( big if I know) we were in the draw for Monday.  In with the best in Europe ( The World?)

Dreams, but some do come true

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 09:05:40 PM »
Preview tonight at 10.20, on BT Sport 1.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 09:34:10 PM »
Match is live on the BBC red button.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 08:16:32 PM »
Chanel 981 if you get your pictures from a sky dish

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 08:20:15 PM »
At the moment BBC981 just lists FINAL SCORE from 2-30pm tomorrow.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 10:24:46 PM »
Freeview601
Freesat 981

Currently showing a Kylie Minogue concert :hide :cup2:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 06:33:14 AM »
You should be so lucky

Lucky lucky lucky

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »
 Also on BT Extra 3 BT channel 452

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 12:37:55 PM »
Thought there would be loads of people having a go at picking a team today, but perhaps staying calm and crossing fingers is understandable.  IC has a very difficult task today - we have an embarrassment of riches at present, but ok, it’s unlikely to be enough....   Still, stranger things have happened.  For what it’s worth, this is the Dilly team today....  Mair:  Barrows/Jones, McFadden, McCauley, Smith, Brown:  Clunan, Carey, King/Kelly, Power:  Southwell/Marriott, Loza.  Forest of legs (20), and flood forward when poss....   subs Bastock, Richards/Jarvis, Gash, Southwell/Marriott, King/Kelly., UT Cobley......  I don’t envy IC at all !

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 12:52:41 PM »
A forest of 22 legs excluding Mair's!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »
No, Kenny - including Mair !  Two legs waiting to start the counter - preferably Power’s !  Can’t mess about with “Back 3s, “Diamonds”, “Holding Roles, or”that Number 10 position” ....  Just 10 men behind the ball, and flood forward when poss!...Main tactic, Fingers Crossed......

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal