Author Topic: Proof if ever needed........  (Read 2012 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
Proof if ever needed........
« on: November 27, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »
......that football needed the fans back (socially distanced)and that the fans ARE football!

We're playing Portsmouth tomorrow in the FA Cup, and there's very little activity on the forum about the game.

Can you imagine how busy the forum would be if we were in "normal times"?

Good luck to IC and the Lads tomorrow!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Proof if ever needed........
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 02:06:27 PM »
Fair point B&G, whilst I should be looking (for the umpteenth time) at the best route down there and alternatives if there is heavy traffic part way down, I really can't work up the enthusiasm for the game that it deserves.  This isn't having a pop at the achievement of the squad to get to the 2nd round but I can't help feeling 'detached'.  Being part of the crowd at the Walks is having the (shared) deluded belief that you are part of what happens on the pitch and not being there absolutely makes this whole season that little bit less than it should be for me.

What I hope most of all is that once things get back to 'proper normal' and not the limited experience that we will see in the coming weeks is that we haven't lost another group of fans in the way the club did when it went belly up ten years ago.

As you say, good luck to IC and the lads

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 03:45:00 PM »
Must admit to not feeling it.
I've watched most games, and get into them when they're on, but it's nothing like being there.
Not just watching the game, but spending time with family, meeting with friends, and the noise of the crowd.
You can't compensate for these things.
Still looking forward to the game tomorrow, and hopefully get a win.
You never know!
COYL!

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
You never know  a 1 - 0  win  for us with a breakaway goal

3rd Round tie at Home to   Liverpool   with us in Tier 1 and 4000 in the ground

wonder  how they would  cope on our pitch  and crowd

Living the dream

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 05:09:12 PM »

Living the dream

If we win tomorrow, I'd really hope for something better than Liverpool visiting the Walks!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »

Living the dream

Certainly would be dreaming - even at tier 1 I think we would do well to be allowed much over 2000 and I don't think the club has yet confirmed what the current capacity in tier 2 is (it isn't just a straight 50% of capacity, that is the maximum and other specifics about the ground then need to be taken into account)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 05:34:44 PM »
I thought there was a test game next with the Lynn Ladies team playing at The Walks ( £2 admission).  Then subject to all things being ok we will be home to Torquay with a attendance of 1400 being permitted. Season ticket holders apart everyone ( well those that pay) will all be charged the same price.  I wonder how close to my guestimate of 30 quid it will be.

Side note ... Good luck to Brackley. Tonight.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
I thought there was a test game next with the Lynn Ladies team playing at The Walks ( £2 admission).  Then subject to all things being ok we will be home to Torquay with a attendance of 1400 being permitted. Season ticket holders apart everyone ( well those that pay) will all be charged the same price.  I wonder how close to my guestimate of 30 quid it will be.

Side note ... Good luck to Brackley. Tonight.

1400 @ £30 a time would nett about £33k (after vat).

Is 33k enough.? If not,  I guess a figure higher than £30  will be considered.   :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 06:18:40 PM »
1400 in the ground will generate a certain amount of up sell.  Food, Drink, Progs, 50/50.  Plus match day sponsorship packages etc.  Then the Streaming income on top.  Three home games a month should bring in 120k plus.  So thatís a 50% uplift on the current 84k monthly Gov bailout.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 06:37:42 PM »
1400 in the ground will generate a certain amount of up sell.  Food, Drink, Progs, 50/50.  Plus match day sponsorship packages etc.  Then the Streaming income on top.  Three home games a month should bring in 120k plus.  So thatís a 50% uplift on the current 84k monthly Gov bailout.

Need to be careful just throwing 'ball park' figures around.  From reading posts from other clubs / leagues there seems to be a view that there won't be any food/drink sold at the ground as it wouldn't count as 'takeaway' and you have to ignore any streaming income as the club is already currently banking that and with some fans back in that will actually reduce.  I think you would be doing well to gross £120K per month which is only £100K after VAT against the £84K grant (non-VATable) so in all fairness to SC, whilst he has always advocated getting fans back, in truth, the club may well be almost as well off if the whole season were to be played BCD.  As with lots of situations and COVID there isn't a 'good' outcome, just a case of finding a 'less bad' one.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 06:58:02 PM »
Tony,  have you listened to the Chairmans latest podcast about having three outlets selling food and drink outside.  This is what Iím referring to not bar sales.  Likewise the cafe wonít be open as that is used for the away team changing room.

The figures quoted are nett.  1400 at £30 Nettís out around 33k.  Plus the add onís Iíve suggested.

As for the streaming the first two games with crowds at The Walks are top of the League Torquay and 8,000 season ticket holders Notts Co, so I would suggest streaming will be a decent money spinner.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »
will streaming  be allowed if fans are allowed in

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 08:22:39 PM »
will streaming  be allowed if fans are allowed in

Iíd hope so, given clubs are being encouraged to have home fans only policies, to try an limit people in Tier 3 going to matches in Tier 2.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal