Author Topic: home vs Bromley (1st December)  (Read 3091 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
home vs Bromley (1st December)
« on: November 30, 2020, 01:49:24 PM »
So back to league action after the distraction of the Portsmouth game.  IC has to remind the lads they haven't conceded a league goal in the past two games and they won't be coming up against a side like Portsmouth again this season.  Unfortunately looking at a couple of the lads nearer the end of the game I think Saturday may have taken too much out of them for them to start Tuesday so IC may need to ring the changes, although nothing he can do with the centre halves or wing backs with Jones still 'a week away' last weekend.  Mitchell comes back into contention and with Gash now back in the frame the makeup of the squad, let alone the starting XI will be interesting.  I would go with

Mair
Barrows, McFadden, Smith, McAuley, Brown
              Richards, Jarvis, Kelly
                    Marriott, Mitchell

subs, Fleming, Clunan, King, Southwell, Loza

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
Re: home vs Bromley (1st December)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »
 I would include Carey in the starting line up

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 05:35:19 PM »
I would include Carey in the starting line up

As would I most weeks, just thought he looked shattered on Saturday and would rather we used the squad than ran one of our most important players into the ground by 'overplaying' him.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 07:20:50 PM »
Gash will def be on the bench and will play for the last 10-20.

Spreston7

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 08:27:34 PM »
I very much doubt Gashy will be in the squad for Bromley, I would believe he would need to build up some sort of match sharpness before taking anyone's place in the squad, which he didnt have to do at Portsmouth because of the 7 sub allowance, maybe through the ressies.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 09:48:32 AM »
Think we are good for at least a point tonight.   After Saturday the defence needs to be back on it.  We have goals in the side, so down to the defensive 6 to do their job.

wearywillie

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 11:53:28 AM »
Bromley having best away record in the division a point will be a good result, a win a bonus.

I would not be too far away from your team TonyM,  except for King instead of Kelly, Power on the bench instead of Fleming.

Hard to believe how poor Boreham Wood looked last night against step four opposition.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 12:05:40 PM »
I very much doubt Gashy will be in the squad for Bromley, I would believe he would need to build up some sort of match sharpness before taking anyone's place in the squad, which he didnt have to do at Portsmouth because of the 7 sub allowance, maybe through the ressies.

With respect, not sure how you build up match sharpness, without playing matches, I will be very surprised if he's not on the bench...... personally don't see the Ressies as an option

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 12:11:02 PM »
Think we are good for at least a point tonight.   After Saturday the defence needs to be back on it.  We have goals in the side, so down to the defensive 6 to do their job.

If the defence  IS on it, we will win

Anton

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 05:29:16 PM »
I'm sure Lynn will bounce back to night.. Bromley is not Portsmouth so hopefully they can put this behind them..Onwards and upwards :comeon:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 06:46:56 PM »
Letís hope we have a lot of ball room Anton.   Then find a few quick steps in the opposition box.   Iím sure we can can.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 10:01:21 PM »
Oh dear !
Really does seem to be a chasm between top 9/10 and the bottom 6/7.
Lynn's defence seemingly has no answer to the top group, even after a quarter of the season.
Altho not doing much better in terms of points, the other 3 that came up with Lynn do seem much tighter at the back.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 10:19:57 PM »
Doesn't help the situation if you don't take your chances when they come along?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 01:30:49 AM »
Six points above the relegation zone, but played a couple of more games than others below us.
Would take that position, end of season.
I'm sure we'll improve when fans are allowed back in.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 09:01:07 AM »
Can anyone tell me why Adam Marriot didnít play he would have put away two chances Mitchell missed

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal