Author Topic: Friends of the Linnets  (Read 672 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Friends of the Linnets
« on: December 04, 2020, 10:56:20 AM »
Appreciate that this is a B&G Trust forum so if admins don't think this is appropriate then please delete but would be interested in people's thoughts on the Friends of the Linnets.

I am a member of both the Trust and FotL and have been asking for the FotL accounts for the past couple of months with no success, I have had an email from a committee member today to say that the accounts are not available as they haven't yet been audited due to COVID and when I queried whether the AGM would be moved to Zoom (other platforms are available) I was told this hasn't been discussed.

Now I know 'supporter involvement' is my hobby horse but how can the FotL expect to hang on to existing members let along attract new members when they are failing so miserably in including their membership in what they are doing?  I do my best to drop in their various fund raising schemes when appropriate to the threads on this forum and am often disappointed with the take up of many of them from the fan base but there are times when they really don't help themselves.

This isn't a 'slating' but a post born of frustration that given where we are on the field, off the field needs to start catching up and part of that has to be encouraging and enabling fans to be part of the process.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Friends of the Linnets
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 12:03:01 PM »
Covid has certainly slowed things down but didnít realise accountants had stopped carrying out audits.  I will try that one with the taxman with my return to due in Jan.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal