Author Topic: Next 4 League games.  (Read 2166 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
Next 4 League games.
« on: December 02, 2020, 02:01:59 PM »
Away at Altrincham.
Away at Hartlepool
Home to Torquay
Home to Notts Co.

That's a very tough run of games we are now about to commence!

:scarf:

.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

wearywillie

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Next 4 League games.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 04:54:14 PM »
Having looked at December fixtures I thought Bromley at home was best chance of points on the board.

We will be relying on teams around us dropping points in December, if we can get into 2021 still above the bottom three, I think we should be OK but thats a big IF?

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 05:02:53 PM »
Have to 100% be beating Altrincham, but we struggled against them last season. They've shown the step can be done. 28 goals conceded after 11 games is embarrassing, Altrincham only conceded 13 after 13 games. Defences were similar last season, so something has gone wrong.

On a side note, what do people think of Alex Brown? Had a great debut against Yeovil, but I've not been convinced by him since. Seems weak defensively, and lacking the threat going other way to make up for it. Teams seem to know they can exploit those areas, same on the right, as they're a soft spot without the danger to damage other way.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 05:37:49 PM »
Non league, Alex Brown is a good player, perhaps we should look at our captain, Clunen has been found out. In this league he spends more time upsetting the ref than playing a simple pass. I have yet to see him play a good game in this league. Also there is noway Gash is near enough ready to come back.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 05:54:28 PM »
I feel we were wrong to lose Street and Nathan Fox.  I donít know why Fox slipped down the ladder so quickly.  He replaced Blake-Tracy, and did very well.  Only had one chasing last season, IMHO, and that was by the dynamic Chester right-wing nipster.  We are picking such defensive teams, including 2 midfielders most games, that there arenít enough players coming forward as a team, and therefore hardly any balls to feet or ďthroughĒ for the strikers to use.  I still feel Chorley were the best lesson weíve had this season.  The wife wants me to get the bin in.  I dunno, Iím not keen on the dark.....  Further advice available for a small fee.....

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »
Non league, Alex Brown is a good player, perhaps we should look at our captain, Clunen has been found out. In this league he spends more time upsetting the ref than playing a simple pass. I have yet to see him play a good game in this league.
Also there is noway Gash is near enough ready to come back.

On the subject of the ref I hear that a report is going from the ref after he was given dogs abuse at half time not from the home bench but by the press box. Are the club actually responsible for the actions of those in the press box?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 08:44:47 PM »
Can't be responsible for the Press, surely.
Good old Dilly will know for sure...bung him a fiver Mall (he's started charging, at long last you know ) and then we can all sleep easy :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 09:19:14 PM »
Crazy if true.  :dontknow:

Get in for free and then subject your host to that kind of behaviour. Why?

Kes, I would think that Club are responsible for everything that happens in the Ground.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 11:16:28 PM »
I always expect Refís to get a drop of mouth at The Walks.  Donít ever remember one getting through 90 minutes without any.  If the crowd arenít there, we can always rely on Clunan to give him some...... Thereís a bloke who sits near me who canít stand seeing Ďem come out of the tunnel !....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 08:37:30 AM »
Yes, I agree Dilly.
I can't imagine anything mouthed from the press box was even close to what a ref would receive on a 'normal' Walks Saturday.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 08:42:22 AM »
Maybe Dilly the FA should employ slippery  Nipsters  to officiate at games that way they would be able to be up with play and not get the key decisions wrong  :laughcry:

On a serious note surely reporters should be acting far more professionally when working for their respective Companies as it reflects badly on the the individual and indeed the companies who pay their wages.

Not sure which person it was allegedly abusing the officials.  Not even sure these days who sits in the press box

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 11:16:06 AM »
I always expect Refís to get a drop of mouth at The Walks.

What, even when there's no supporters in to watch the game? 

:laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 12:42:30 PM »
That's the challenge I suppose, for the few that do get in and watch at the moment....to try and create an authentic home match atmosphere :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 01:40:16 PM »
That's the challenge I suppose, for the few that do get in and watch at the moment....to try and create an authentic home match atmosphere :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

That explains it all then! 

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

wearywillie

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 12:56:33 PM »
Why the hell would anyone not prepared to suffer some abuse every now and again ever take up being a football referee ?

A bit like taking up boxing and not expecting to be hit

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal