Author Topic: Altrincham FC v King's Lynn Town FC - Saturday  (Read 1095 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Altrincham FC v King's Lynn Town FC - Saturday
« on: December 04, 2020, 09:46:37 AM »
How do you see this one panning out  :dontknow:

Hopefully both Callan-McFadden and McAuley will have recovered to lead the Defence. What news Aaron Jones. If not then can we bolster the Backline somehow  :dontknow:

I think a Back Four of Barrows, Smith, Fleming and Brown - with a Midfield Four of Clunan, Jarvis King and Carey - with Loza and Marriott Up Front.

Subs: Southwell, Mitchell, Kelly, Power and Gash

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Altrincham FC v King's Lynn Town FC - Saturday
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 01:41:43 PM »
Think we have to try and stick with a back 5 if we can find enough bodies, if only to give Fleming a bit more cover on his first full start.  Preview on the club website has McAuley as 'a doubt' and McFadden as 'likely to miss out' although slightly more positive noises on Jones who 'maybe included in the squad'.  Although Altringham will be confident, I still have faith that IC can find a system that can prove successful at this level with the players we have with perhaps the odd tweak or two to the squad.  My team, not ideal but trying not to put too many round pegs in square holes although we are so short on defensive / midfield cover.

Mair
Richards, Barrows, Smith, Fleming, Brown
                 Clunan, Jarvis
                      Carey
              Mitchell, Marriott

Subs Jones, Kelly (if fit, does anyone know?), King, Loza, Southwell

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 01:57:24 PM »
Still no Simon Power Tony? Not sure much more he has to do to get selected - was our best attacker against Bromley and scored an excellent goal.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 02:18:59 PM »
Paul, sorry I only caught snippets on Tuesday but have watched the highlights and I don't dispute he does come up with some good goals - its just the rest of the 90 minutes I struggle with, for example vs Portsmouth he had the one moment in the first half where he grazed the post but then did absolutely nothing for the rest of the game and we are not in a position to have a 'luxury' player at present. 

Maybe if IC set the team up differently he could develop into a role but whenever he is in the starting lineup I think we look short elsewhere.  Likewise the same could be said for Loza why I don't have both of them on the bench and just think Loza gives us more options if he comes on.  We have moved away from what made us successful under IC, partially because we have made a huge step up this year but also when you look at who we have recruited in 2020 they haven't really complimented and built on what we already had but look more suited to a completely different gameplan.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 02:23:15 PM »
All about opinions I guess....just surprised you would select Kelly over Power that's all. I don't get it with Kelly - I've seen nothing from him over last season or so he's been with us. Doesn't score goals and hardly assisted a goal either.

Power was excellent first half on Tuesday created 2 or 3 good chances which were taken. More than Kelly has done all season!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 03:55:06 PM »
I think all the suggested line-ups on here would struggle to get over the half-way line.  A GK, 5 defenders, including 3 CHs, then 2 more defensive M-Fs.....  Who is going to play the football necessary to win a game ?  And how anyone could leave out Power from the team is beyond me !  I believe we should pick a team to pin them back at Alty.  A team can defend perfectly well with an attacking line-up, by getting back behind the ball when needed.  Don’t know if Sam K or AAron J are fit, but I assume not, or Rory Mc and McF.. so, the Dilly team for Sat is..... Mair;  Barrows, Smith, Fleming, Brown;  Carey, King, Loza, Power;  Southwell, Marriott.  I’m beginning to lose faith.  Happy Xmas to all our readers...(that’s my Xmas joke !).  Just off to take my neighbour’s lights down, they’re getting on my tuts......

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 05:40:56 PM »
"There will be a precautionary pitch inspection at 8am on Saturday morning ahead of King's Lynn Town's departure from Norfolk to Cheshire for a 3pm kick-off in The Vanarama National League.

Rain is forecast overnight but is expected to clear by 6am & there is little or no rain forecast until kick-off & at this stage we believe that the chances of the game going ahead are good."

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 09:33:19 AM »
Postponed - Waterlogged Pitch.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 11:14:37 AM »
Oh dear, I expect that'll mean another long midweek trip :cry:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 01:05:16 PM »
I don’t think it was just the water logging.  I suspect they didn’t want our team of Centre-halves, full backs, defensive  “holding” midfielders, and goalkeeper to mess their penalty areas up for the rest of the season !

Spreston7

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 02:54:20 PM »
I don’t think it was just the water logging.  I suspect they didn’t want our team of Centre-halves, full backs, defensive  “holding” midfielders, and goalkeeper to mess their penalty areas up for the rest of the season !
The game is called off yet you still find a way to critique the team. Its just baffling considering the team is trying to find their feet at a new level with full time pros.  :dontknow:

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 04:19:50 PM »

In that respect I suspect Tottenham v Arsenal will be postponed too

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal