Author Topic: One price fits all.  (Read 1147 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
One price fits all.
« on: December 04, 2020, 10:50:02 AM »
From Club website:

King's Lynn Town V Torquay United
Saturday, 12 December 2020 15:00
from £22.00

Apparently no concessions.   :dontknow:

:xmassign:
Football supporters are the true voice of football.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: One price fits all.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 12:03:41 PM »
Is the £22 for all or just those who paid for a membership ?

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 01:34:59 PM »
Norwich have suspended their season tickets for this season and are rolling them over to next season, so all pay at Norwich.

Bromley didn't sell season tickets this season as they couldn't guarantee the season would conclude.  This was a good move as last season early bird Adult season tickets were £200 and £260 thereafter.  They could make more money by charging pay per game with restricted numbers being admitted.  Last season's season ticket holders and those with membership have priority in buying tickets.  Their prices are as follows:

Adult £20
Concessions (OAP) £15
U/16 £7

An additional £5 for all categories if you want to sit in the stand.

Last season if you booked in advance it was £15 adult. £10 concession, with free seating if required. Two u/16's free with a full paying adult, so a substantial rise which was communicated before the then start date in September. 

I think Mr Cleeve is trying to make up the shortfall to compensate for season ticket holders who have already paid upfront, but £22 for a child?  This really has to revisited.

Seasons Greetings.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 01:56:36 PM »
Norwich have suspended their season tickets for this season and are rolling them over to next season, so all pay at Norwich.

It was on Radio Norfolk this morning that Norwich were opening up ticket sales again as they hadn't moved all of their allocation and there was some debate as to why they hadn't been 'snapped up'.  https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/december/tickets-remain-for-sheffield-wednesday-and-nottingham-forest-fixtures/

I think people underestimate the caution many feel about 'unnecessary' risk and so the question is whether going to the football is a 'necessity' - as much as I have missed it, not worth the risk for me for now.

I think Mr Cleeve is trying to make up the shortfall to compensate for season ticket holders who have already paid upfront, but £22 for a child?  This really has to revisited.

Not sure it is about the shortfall caused by season ticket holders as much as trying to maximise the income from a finite attendance.  If we can get to 1400 with everyone apart from season ticket holders paying £22 then you have to conclude SC has made the right call.  I accept there may be a longer term argument about losing the younger generation but equally would it be any fairer for the club to lose out financially if (say) 200 kids got in cheaper and then 200 adults were prevented from attending because the max capacity was reached with concessions?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 02:02:25 PM »
I accept there may be a longer term argument about losing the younger generation but equally would it be any fairer for the club to lose out financially if (say) 200 kids got in cheaper and then 200 adults were prevented from attending because the max capacity was reached with concessions?

Agree Tony...............it would be a very difficult one for most people to get right.

However, I think most had probably already guessed which direction this particular decision on pricing was going to go.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 02:12:49 PM »
If the 84k Gov hand out is finished then I don’t blame SC from making the most he can to replace that money by charging the max he thinks he can get for the 1400 who will be allowed to attend.   I’m surprised it’s set at only £22.  Don’t forget there is VAT to cone out of that figure.  So the income on the gate will be around  23k

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 02:27:33 PM »
All explained in the podcast - looks like if we are allowed 2,000 fans at any point then pricing will drop back.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 03:39:53 PM »
We are aware that some supporters are unhappy with our ticketing price structures , especially in relation to children’s pricings.  We did offer children’s season tickets, priced at £50 back in July , which were a tremendous bargain and also gave free streaming for the games that have been played behind closed doors. We have had to make, and will continue to make , some difficult decisions. As stated earlier our streaming service will continue until further notice and once we have a capacity reaching 2000 we will revert back to our original pricing structure.

We look forward to seeing as many

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 04:34:16 PM »
So that sounds as if price will reduce when the “capacity” is 2000, and not the actual size of the gate.

So if 2000 are allowed entry, but only (say) 1200/1300 attend (presumably on average) the price will still revert back to the original one.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »
I know it’s getting near Christmas B&G but bit early to be getting into the the Christmas ‘Spirit’ with those kind of comments. 

John Lewis use to have the slogan. ‘ never knowingly undersold’. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 05:54:18 PM »
I know it’s getting near Christmas B&G but bit early to be getting into the the Christmas ‘Spirit’ with those kind of comments. 

John Lewis use to have the slogan. ‘ never knowingly undersold’.

Mallard.

Only trying to understand/get clarification of whats been posted so supporters are not disappointed when the capacity is increased to 2000.

Do you think I've misunderstood the post?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 06:32:04 PM »
I think the  assumption of the owner is that the 2,000 limit will be over scribed ?   Is that a doubt

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »
I think it was clear enough.

I believe it  said when the capacity is 2000. Not when there are 2000 supporters going through the gate on match day.

That could be two very different things, especially during the Pandemic, and of course due to the match day cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few make the decision not to go for one reason or another. Apparently even a fotl committee member/season ticket holder has stated he won't be going  while the virus is still with us. Personally, I don't blame him.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 08:45:14 PM »
And I presume that the bar and food outlets will be closed? Does this mean taking in your own drinks etc is allowed? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 08:58:06 PM »
There is a new podcast out covering prices etc Griss.  So that may well answer the questions on food and drink.

Not bothered listening to it yet, as found the last two rather boring. So can’t tell you for sure if the F&D issue has been dealt with on there

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal