Author Topic: Torquay Ticket Sales  (Read 7204 times)

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
Torquay Ticket Sales
« on: December 07, 2020, 10:35:44 AM »
Be interesting to see if the Chairmans gamble of pushing prices up pays off for him.
Whilst we all get why - the pricing out of kids, families and pensioners seems a tad overboard.
If he sells out then crowds return when prices revert to normal, then well done. If they dont.........................

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay Ticket Sales
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 11:35:20 AM »
If he canít sell out on a limited capacity with the top of the League as visitors with people having been starved of live Football, then he and MH should hang their heads in shame.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 12:09:31 PM »
nothing to do with the fact that there is a deadly virus out there. Having seen how crowds were jammed together at Norwich didn't see much social distancing.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 03:44:39 PM »
unfortunatley   the ticket price has put me off this close to Christmas as   need the money for other things.

hope we get a good crowd all the same 

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 03:46:44 PM »
Thatís was my big worry but regards ticket pricing itís fairly obvious the club needs money and this is the way to put some money in the coffers I donít think anyone wants to see the club to go belly up I for one certainly dont

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 06:32:57 PM »
Thatís was my big worry but regards ticket pricing itís fairly obvious the club needs money and this is the way to put some money in the coffers I donít think anyone wants to see the club to go belly up I for one certainly dont
   yes  imagine only  having 84k a month to get by on. :countingmoney:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 08:15:14 PM »
Thatís around 20k per month short of the break even figure.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 07:25:38 PM »
   yes  imagine only  having 84k a month to get by on. :countingmoney:
And the rest!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 09:37:25 AM »
Given that theyíre still trying to drum up sales today, one might presume theyíre not flying off the shelves as hoped for by the chairman.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 09:41:55 AM »
Given that theyíre still trying to drum up sales today, one might presume theyíre not flying off the shelves as hoped for by the chairman.

Was never going to sell out on first day - no matter what the price!

Saw the chairman tweet yesterday and over 400 sold by 11am yesterday (presume that didn't include members & season tickets holders).

Looking at some of the attendances for clubs at our level who've had fans back, doesn't look like any have sold out yet?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 10:18:04 AM »
If the 84k Gov gift is being kicked into the long grass then the fans need to step up to the plate and fill that void.   Canít be  expecting Stephen Cleeve to bankroll the club to that extent.   

This season is going to prove difficult enough to compete with a lot of full time clubs and would hate to see a budget cut come into play on top of that.  This is our first time at this level so need to make every effort to try and keep us there.   Gates of 600-700 wonít do that.

Hereís hoping a lot of fans will make late purchases to boast the numbers.   Wish I could be there.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • One pill makes you larger one pill makes you small
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 10:47:03 AM »
Canít be  expecting Stephen Cleeve to bankroll the club to that extent.   

Mallard, of course the fans need to support, but when did the business model that managed to get us to this level change?
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 10:51:24 AM »
Do you not remember SC saying he wasnít prepared to continue to fund the club out of his own pocket ?   I guess this was why a full time commercial Manager was appointed to make good that shortfall.  However it still needs 2,000 people paying their £20 at the Walks

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • One pill makes you larger one pill makes you small
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 10:55:32 AM »
Do you not remember SC saying he wasnít prepared to continue to fund the club out of his own pocket ?

Yes, quite a while ago now, but presumably he did!  :dontknow:

This season is going to prove difficult enough to compete with a lot of full time clubs and would hate to see a budget cut come into play on top of that.

You have to cut your cloth accordingly. If that's what it takes to survive then so be it (as disappointing as that may be).

No Club can continue to have more going out than it has coming in indefinitely.
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 06:24:26 PM »
Priced quite a few people out,people who would have taken children at the childrens rate etc! :bankrupt: :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal