Author Topic: Torquay Ticket Sales  (Read 6160 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay Ticket Sales
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »
Priced quite a few people out,people who would have taken children at the childrens rate etc! :bankrupt: :dontknow:

Of course it has. We all know why is been done but that don't make it right. Dispels the myth of us being a community club as far as I am concerned.

If its a sell out I don't think it should be automatically accepted that it was the right decision to make. However if its not a sell out (of 1400), then imo it will show it wasn't.

:scarf:
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 07:02:42 PM »
1400 ?   I donít think that was the figure for the test game.  I seem to recall that had a ceiling of 800.  If they canít sell 800 at the top dollar being asked then Messrs Hearle and Cleeve have got it wrong.

It seems the prices have caused a certain amount of bad feeling from some supporters, but the club needs to survive and the clubs customers need to play their part.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 07:07:01 PM »
The original pricing was a difficult decision and I think many clubs, not just Lynn, have been caught out by the lower than expected take up of tickets.  There are still plenty of fans who when weighing up the pros and cons will settle for the stream in the short term, personally as much as I miss standing on the terraces I can't justify going (at any price)

If we don't hit capacity (has it been officially confirmed @ 800?) for Torquay then maybe SC will have a rethink for kids / concessions for Notts County which would presumably be 1400 capacity barring any conduct this weekend that would stop any increase.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2020, 07:13:07 PM »

(has it been officially confirmed @ 800?)

That was going to be one of my two next questions.

Has it been confirmed that its a maximum 800 (to include season ticket holders and the freebies)?

Does it have to be all ticket or is it permitted to pay at the gate on the night?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 07:24:48 PM »
Priced quite a few people out,people who would have taken children at the childrens rate etc! :bankrupt: :dontknow:

He might have found the tipping point when it comes to pricing. Up until know demand has remained high whatever the price. Now, due to Covid, demands fallen, prices might need to fall too. Or at least offer a accompanied kids price. Clearly theyíre not taking up a full paying adults space as they thought they might, and you might even get a few more adults in if they can have an outing at a reasonable price.

A similar approach to seated season tickets at the start of the year wouldíve netted them a few more quid as well.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2020, 07:34:44 PM »
Canít see this 800 figure anywhere official? Only think Iíve read and heard from the chairmanís podcast is 1,400 capacity? Can someone put the link up of whereís itís officially been said?

With regards selling out - Iíve seen clubs who havenít increased pricing not selling out, thereíll be 2 obvious reasons if we donít.

Did read it was online tickets only with none available from the ticket office on the day

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2020, 08:45:14 PM »
Paul. I don't think anything official has been said about the permitted gate for Torquay only being 800.

Cleeves 1400 statement on his podcast was before the cancellation of the Ladies game (which has been said was going to be the "test" game).

Prior to the cancellation of the game he had appealed to as many supporters to attend as it could  have a bearing on the permitted gate for Torquay (or words to that effect).

Since the cancellation of the game it has been said that ticket numbers could be restricted.

My understanding is that a condition of supporters bring allowed back into watch the games is that a "test" game has to be held first. As the Ladies game was cancelled, we haven't had the chance to hold a test game, hence people mentioning the 800.

I stand to be corrected on this but I don't think the figure of 1400 has been mentioned since the Ladies game was cancelled, and although the figure of 800 has been mentioned I don't believe that number has been mentioned by the Club either.

With regards to other Clubs not selling out, maybe they had not been able to have a test game either, so the numbers were restricted. I noticed one Club (could have been Weymouth) had a declared gate of exactly 800.

Hopefully the above is all correct but be good if others could either confirm or correct me.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2020, 08:50:47 PM »
I believe it was under estimated the number of concessions, particularly teens, that make up the normal attendance.
Kids donít have disposable income to throw around. Itís ok saying they should of got a season ticket, however I would of guessed they like many would of worked out what they and parents could afford and value for money they thought they would get from a season ticket.
Be such an embarrassment if not a sell out and concessions who felt priced out are sitting at home.
This one game was never going to be the clubís saviour. Long term engagement with potential supporters is !

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2020, 09:04:39 PM »
Paul. I don't think anything official has been said about the permitted gate for Torquay only being 800.

Cleeves 1400 statement on his podcast was before the cancellation of the Ladies game (which has been said was going to be the "test" game).

Prior to the cancellation of the game he had appealed to as many supporters to attend as it could  have a bearing on the permitted gate for Torquay (or words to that effect).

Since the cancellation of the game it has been said that ticket numbers could be restricted.

My understanding is that a condition of supporters bring allowed back into watch the games is that a "test" game has to be held first. As the Ladies game was cancelled, we haven't had the chance to hold a test game, hence people mentioning the 800.

I stand to be corrected on this but I don't think the figure of 1400 has been mentioned since the Ladies game was cancelled, and although the figure of 800 has been mentioned I don't believe that number has been mentioned by the Club either.

With regards to other Clubs not selling out, maybe they had not been able to have a test game either, so the numbers were restricted. I noticed one Club (could have been Weymouth) had a declared gate of exactly 800.

Hopefully the above is all correct but be good if others could either confirm or correct me.

Thanks. So basically you donít know officially, itís an assumption and there is nothing official behind the 800 figure? Iíve only seen 800 mentioned by a couple of people on here so I think Iíll wait to see if anything official is said.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2020, 09:30:36 PM »

Thanks. So basically you donít know officially, itís an assumption and there is nothing official behind the 800 figure? Iíve only seen 800 mentioned by a couple of people on here so I think Iíll wait to see if anything official is said.

Only know what's been said.

That the permitted gate  for Torquay game could depend on the attendance of Ladies game,  which was cancelled.

After it was cancelled it was said that tickets for Torquay game could be restricted.

The 800 figure mentioned is not unique to KL and neither is the subject of a test game.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2020, 09:41:34 PM »
Simple question......who has said it? Has it come officially from the club?

Not see it mentioned anywhere official only on here.

I saw the chairman tweet but there was no mention of the figure of 800

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2020, 10:25:02 PM »
Simple answer.... Stephen Cleeve podcast Episode 27.  8.5 mins onwards.   
Though Iím not sure you would class this as official Paul.  However Stephen 100% mentions the 800 figure.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2020, 10:37:22 PM »
Though Iím not sure you would class this as official Paul.  However Stephen 100% mentions the 800 figure.

Thanks Mallard.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2020, 10:39:04 PM »

Thanks Mallard. Good of you to answer on behalf of your mate.

Iíll have another listen.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2020, 10:41:39 PM »
No. Problem Paul, Happy to help.   Least it clears it up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal