Author Topic: away to Hartlepool (8th Dec)  (Read 2028 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
away to Hartlepool (8th Dec)
« on: December 08, 2020, 01:12:36 PM »
Whilst everyone seems to have an opinion on the arrangements for Saturday, tonight's long trip up the east coast seems to have slipped under the radar.  Still 'doubts' over McAuley and McFadden and the preview on the game on the club website still seems to suggest Jones isn't quite ready to start.  Hartlepool are not in the best of form so hopefully we will aim to do more than 'park the bus' but with IC accepting we look 'brittle' at the moment I am not subscribing to Dilly's 2-2-6 formation. 

Mair
Richards, Barrows, Smith, Fleming, Brown
             Clunan, Jarvis
                 Carey
           Marriott, Mitchell

subs Jones, Kelly, King, Southwell, Loza

would also love to see Gash get into Mitchell's ear and reassure him that it is the goals the team get that count, not individual achievements but that probably comes with age/experience and will take time and reinforcing by IC and the management team.

Spreston7

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: away to Hartlepool (8th Dec)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 01:28:03 PM »
It's certainly a tough task ahead for the boys. I think that looks as good as we've got under the current circumstances Tony, fingers crossed one of Mcauley or McFadden can play. Definitely believe the 5 at the back gives us the best chance with a makeshift backline. Fingers crossed for today and hopefully we might see Gashy.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 02:04:15 PM »
Mair
Barrows
Smith
Fleming
Brown
Jarvis
Richards
Clunan
Loza
Power
Marriott

Subs: Southwell, Mitchell, Carey, King, Jones/Gash

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 02:29:33 PM »
This (Injuries to the 2 Mc's) rather highlights the unbalanced nature of the squad. Yes, it's a real opportunity for Fleming and Smith to stake a claim for the shirt....but it is a huge ask.
Hopefully Fleming has a decent turn of pace about him.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 04:54:13 PM »
1 keeper

7 defenders

8 Midfielders ( wide and central)

4 Strikers

It only looks unbalanced because of 3 out of the 7 defenders are injured. 

Having one keeper at this level is more of an imbalance to me.

pc627

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 05:04:02 PM »
Donít forget that itís a 7 pm kick off tonight

:stir: :snowmansmile:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
Mall...I haven't seen Fleming play....we will see if he is a reliable c h at this level... let's hope he is......if not we have imo one, maybe two, ch's in the squad who are good enough for this level......so no cover if one gets injured and if you want to play 3 at the back then you're struggling.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 06:07:47 PM »
KES. In the 20 man squad so deemed good enough by IC.  Surprised we didnít get a loan defender in to help us over the bump in the road.   I do agree.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 12:03:50 AM »
TonyM - Happy Xmas !  For the record, I donít have a formation, or rather, not just one.  Formations only work on a Subbuteo board, for me, because in real life, players move !  And they move at a secondís notice, with a marker having no chance to keep up.  I certainly donít have a 2-2-6 formation.  I have a 10-1 formation when the opponents are attacking in numbers, less when theyíre coming at us with less.  When we have the ball our ďformationsĒ should be ever  changing, to try to outnumber them in triangles, or whatever.  Home or Away.  Teams with a GK, 3 CHs, 2 FBs, and 2 defensive MFs only have 3 players to try pin them back.  Tonightís result, IMHO, had very little chance of scoring more than the enemy !  I have decided to charge £20 for that one ......   

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If life pushes you, push back harder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 08:46:43 AM »
I have decided to charge £20 for that one ......

From £5, to £10, to £20.

Great strategy...........worthy of a position on the Board!

:laughcry:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »
B & G......  thank you, and CORRECT.......  for a small fee !!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 07:32:19 PM »
True story - Peter Morris came up to me in Tamworth, and said ďShould I play Gary Setchell at Centre- Forward ?  I rue the fact I laughed and said that it was up to him !  I shouldíve done a Mourinho and made out he needed me more than I needed him !  I might have been at Barcelona by now ! (Instead of a forum nutter - this isnít the only one !)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 07:32:45 PM »
What is your thinking line-up wide v Top of the League,  Gary Johnson led Torquay ?

4-5-1 ?    Notts Forest went with that at Carrow Road Tuesday with 9 behind the ball,  and just looking for the odd break out with a couple of slippery nipsters.

Nearly paid off as well.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 11:57:46 PM »
Hi Mall - The Dilly line-up only uses the numbers (451, 442, 433, etc..) for the line-up at the start. They have to stand somewhere.  After that, they move, which messes the numbers up straightaway.  So the plan is most behind the ball when the opponents have it, then, when we get it, move forward in ways that aim to have a man free for the next pass.  Seriously, weíll have to be ruddy mobile on Saturday, but you never know.  I might play yet, but I wonít charge....Happy Xmas to everyone on here, particularly KES, WLM, Tony M, B&G, and yourself, ie those who have benefited most from my tuition......Sorry I havenít offended everyone, Iíll get round to it asap.....
Oh, The Dilly team for Torquay...(not knowing the injury news)....  Mair:  Jones/Barrows, Smith, McFadden, Brown;  Carey, King, Loza/Kelly/Richards. Power;  Marriott, Southwell.  If we can sneak more than eleven, letís go for it....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal