Author Topic: Social distancing at the game v Torquay  (Read 2956 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Social distancing at the game v Torquay
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 05:01:52 PM »
Depends if you believe every death is an actual covid death.....I dont.....but that's just my opinion.
We unfortunately are at the mercy of the media and the government....of which I trust neither

Glad it's not just me!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2020, 05:35:22 PM »
The Govt is the one who had a landslide win voted in by the electorate.

35,000 declared cases today and the demise of 500 odd more lives, and the Country is open for Christmas. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 03:17:43 PM »
‘An important step towards sustainability’

The FA has announced that approval has been reached with the Government and the Sports Ground Safety Authority for non-league clubs to admit spectators on the same principles as elite clubs, in a move which could prove to be a vital lifeline to struggling sides.

The change means that clubs throughout non-league can now admit up to 4,000 spectators (in Tier 1 areas) or 2,000 (in Tier 2 areas), or 50% of their capacity, whichever is lower. In Tier 3 areas clubs are now able to admit 15% of their capacity.

While the move will allow clubs at Step 3 of non-league and below to admit more spectators, there are still hurdles to overcome to ensure the sustainability of clubs at all levels.

Adrian Seddon, chair of the board at fan-owned FC United of Manchester told us: "We welcome the move to allow us to... raise our capacity to a level appropriate to our circumstances. This is an important step for us towards sustainability at a time when we are operating at 18% of our average crowd from last season and with no ability to raise revenue through food and beverage sales"

"We're going to need a bigger boat".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal