Author Topic: Social distancing at the game v Torquay  (Read 2916 times)

NORFOLKAND LYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Social distancing at the game v Torquay
« on: December 13, 2020, 08:48:33 AM »
The club are a joke-  Standing at the North terrace as I have done for 20 odd years, I just could not see alot of the game with two camera gantry's installed, WHY ?? are they there what's wrong with gantry on the roof ??

No wonder we had to bunch up together so we could see the action !

Why could we not pay for coffes and teas and programmes contactless payment - with all that handling of cash  goes against all the covid measures that where suppose to be in place.

Paying £22 to watch half a game !! They will be lucky to get 300 let alone the 600 who turned up today. I and others would be willing to pay £22 if we could see all the game. I hope the chairman reads this otherwise the fans will not turn up and watch the live stream and see all the game.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: Social distancing at the game v Torquay
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 10:56:24 AM »
So you bunched together then ?   Priceless :banghead;

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 11:17:14 AM »
Any reason you couldn’t have moved???

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 11:38:20 AM »
A "Creature of Habit" (standing in the same spot for 20years). Has nothing changed over all that time?

I suggest you write a strong letter to The Chairman to complain and get the offending gantries moved  :laughcry: I had to move all of TWO seats from my normal (Season Ticket Holder) seat in the Main Stands and the view was awful  :laughcry: -

However, I sympathise with you about paying cash for refreshments.

Being slightly disabled (on crutches) I approached the Refreshment Cabin and had to climb 4 - 5 steps to reach the level of the serving hatch. Only to find I had reached the Dispensing Hatch, not the Ordering Hatch. That meant that I would have to go back down 4 - 5 (quite steep) steps and go around to another 4 - 5 steps to order.

There was no Sign to inform people of which and what happened at each Hatch.

The Ladies in the Cabin were very kind and served me at the OUT Hatch - thank you.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Attack is the Best Form of Defence. (It works for the Military which is also a Team.)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 12:41:35 PM »
With the stand seating 350. Surely the other 225 could be social distances around the other 3 sides of the ground without people bunching up ?  Sometimes people just need to use their own common sense.  Then again to me, common sense means not attending.

What will happen when there is 1400-2000 permitted to attend.

Interesting to see Germany is going into total lockdown with an infection rate and death rate currently lower than the UK.    Is it little wonder that their fatality rate is a third of the UK, despite having a bigger population

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 01:22:46 PM »
Unfortunately background images on certain photos show people not wearing masks...all bunched together. But then...is it any surprise...background images of people at "no fans in attendance" matches show people together...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️...peoples belief in this being a true pandemic is borne out in their actions. If you feel unsafe dont go... :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 03:24:25 PM »
With the stand seating 350. Surely the other 225 could be social distances around the other 3 sides of the ground without people bunching up ?  Sometimes people just need to use their own common sense.  Then again to me, common sense means not attending.

Gate figure of 625 given, but I know of two regulars who think there was about 800-850.

If that's the case, could it be it was 625 via on line booking with the balance being season ticket holders, staff, sponsors etc?

850 would require more effort when it involves social distancing, than 625.   :dontknow:
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 03:30:55 PM »
With gates in general being so low will the Gov handout be making up the difference to each Club?    I think Dec is the last of the 3 month deal.  If gates aren’t back up to the expected levels in Jan, will
The 10m handout be continued for an extra Month ?

On that subject and independent panel are looking at how the monies were spread throughout each of the 3 League and too each club within each League.   

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 03:39:16 PM »
I can answer a couple of the questions put out on here today...

The 2 gantry were erected on behalf of the gentleman who runs video company for the stream, they use them 2 and the gantry above to give 3 angles of the match instead of just the one but i can understand the frustration in regards of the view. as myself did think it was a rather odd place to put them.

In regards of social distancing and mask wearing... in areas where there was more than enough space to be 2m apart some individuals just point blank refused after several stewards and club officials spoke to them along with numerous pa announcements.  (will this cost us by the authorities now reducing our capacity down further time will tell i guess).

With being the first game with that amount of fans in, everything was a learning curve so was always going to be teething problems. Id expected to see a few changes before our home game with notts county on boxing day. The only way can be up right?

On a positive note was great to have noise back in the stadium.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 04:46:35 PM »
If people refuse to obey Stewards requests concerning safety, Virus or anything else, why were they not removed from the ground?

It's not just putting themselves in danger, its exposing others to risk as well, even those not attending the game.

Do you know if the H & S guy has been informed of it and who the people involved were?

Apparently  the Council were sending a Covid Marshall to the game yesterday, so time will tell if the Club is punished for it.

As far as teething problems go, I guess that was the idea of Clubs having a "test" game.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 05:20:22 PM »
Several hundred in attendance at adrian flux arena again this afternoon...no masks apparent...but oh yeah...we know this "virus" doesn't watch stock car racing... :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »
Is it really that much of hardship for people to wear a mask ?   People have been banging the drum to be able to get back to watching Footie live, then treat it with total disrespect.   

625 people seems an idea number for a test event at The Walks.  However what is the clubs H&S guy and the stewards going to do with 1400 plus in ? 

Who would really want to be a Health & Safety office with that weighing on their shoulders ?

NORFOLKAND LYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 02:27:23 PM »
First there is no scientific evidence to show wearing mask stops the spread of this virus, as the WHO has repeated many times.

Cask less cards is needed asap. platforms on the North terrace need to be be dismantled.

Covid Marshalls are mini Hitlers in HIVIS jackets power goes to their head. More people are dying in the Uk of non covid issues because all the mass media is behind the over hype, censorship has stopped proper debate.

I agree Covid is a dreadful disease but so is cancer, including my mother who died in May when her cancer treatment was stopped due yo covid over reaction.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2020, 06:36:56 PM »
First there is no scientific evidence to show wearing mask stops the spread of this virus, as the WHO has repeated many times.

A small piece taken  from an aticle today that mentions WHO and their advice on wearing masks.

Noting that people were “anxious to gather together and reflect on what has been both an extraordinary and difficult 2020” the advice warned that a “massive increase in gatherings that bring together people of all ages, ............................ brings a significant risk of increased Covid-19 transmission during the upcoming holiday season”.

WHO also suggested that Christmas gatherings “should be held outside if possible, and participants should wear masks and maintain physical distancing”.

It may feel awkward to wear masks and practise physical distancing when around friends and family, but doing so contributes significantly to ensuring that everyone remains safe and healthy.

More people are dying in the Uk of non covid issues because all the mass media is behind the over hype, censorship has stopped proper debate.

When the death rate peaked earlier in the year,I believe that Covid was the biggest cause of death at the time. It was the measures put in place i.e. lockdown, social distancing, wearing of masks etc, that brought the death rate down, so Covid is not currently the biggest cause of death in the UK. If people don't observe social distancing rules, wear masks etc, Covid has the potential of becoming the biggest killer again.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 04:42:03 AM »
Depends if you believe every death is an actual covid death.....I dont.....but that's just my opinion.
We unfortunately are at the mercy of the media and the government....of which I trust neither

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal