Author Topic: Jamar Loza  (Read 7513 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Jamar Loza
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2020, 07:17:01 PM »
It's a little bit older than I think you realise Griss :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2020, 10:22:31 PM »
It's a little bit older than I think you realise Griss :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

I am now wracking my tiny brain to try and remember who said it originally? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2020, 10:29:13 PM »
 You can include B & G in the list Griss..... about 5/6 posts ago ...........great minds thinking alike again.......or maybe it's just because we have all been on this forum for yonks  :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2020, 07:47:46 PM »
 :laughcry: :laughcry: Good read and well  refound Griss.....seems as if Mall may have heard it too , with his ref earlier to the orange.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2020, 10:27:35 AM »
I fear that the muddy-pitch, FACup, “Up and at-‘em types will all be back pushing for a team of more tough guy defenders, 2 midfield workers, and 6 hooligans, when we get playing again.  It mustn’t happen.  The team against Torquay changed our fortunes, as predicted by Dilly on seeing the pre-match team sheet.  Should Dilly pick the team when we re-start ?  Of course he should.  He would have told Mourinho he was nuts getting rid of Salah, De Bruyne, Guadrado, etc....  The game is what you can see with the naked eye - not how many cliches you know !  Happy New Year to all !!!.......

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2020, 11:14:20 AM »
Funny game is Football Dilly.  Shady Sam takes his new WBA to Anfield sits 10 behind the ball plays 6-4 formation and comes away with a point.  Few days later plays the same formation at home and gets beat and wiped out  5-0 and was lucky to get nil.

Go figure

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2020, 12:00:37 PM »
There are plenty of youth teams out there dilly screaming out for coaches/managers...go offer your unique services to one of them....put your theories into practice....would like to see how you fair the other side of the armchair

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2020, 01:11:11 PM »
Hi Mallard and DilligAf, and a genuine Happy New Year to you both.  In answer to the two points raised.  I have “gone figured” the WBA situation, and it is this....  Every game in a hundred, a team defending for the whole match can squeeze a win, but their method WILL lead to their relegation or thereabouts, by season end.   Nine times out of ten, the best team wins.  On Dilligaf’s suggestion, my theory is already put to the test, regularly as clockwork..  the best team wins nearly all the time. so all those teams at the top in any league are there through playing the best football.  They do this by picking match-winners, not stodgers, or “holding players”, or playing a “Number 10”, or a “diamond”.  I’ve touted Leipzig on here for a couple of years, since the great Barca team, and it should be a cracker against Mane and co !!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »
With the greatest respect (and I genuinely mean those words) Dilly, some of us have different interpretations of words.
If I say physically strong I am thinking of 80% of all players in the NL....you interpret it as "slogger".
If I say ball winner your interpretation is hooligan or something similar.
Football is a simple game but the requirements to be successful are different depending on the league, the available resources etc. Lynn are not able to fund 11 "total footballers" with searing pace and being part time will naturally not be as  strong or as well trained or even as quick as many of the other squads on a man for man basis.......so there have to be compromises.Leipzig would probably adjust the way they play if coming to The Walks on a cold January evening and playing on a boggy pitch.

Finally can I thank you for your posts this last year...they are always interesting,polite and well intentioned and of course you have introduced some new vocab to The Forum.....incl "the nipster". :cheers:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2020, 02:29:40 PM »
Wishing you the same Dilly.  Watching different ‘styles’ on a football pitch is what what makes this game so interesting.    Remember back to the Fash,Vinnie  Wimbledon who kicked, bullied, verbally abused their way through from the old Div 4 to Div One.  Dave Basset hit something that worked and they stuck to it.   Not the prettiest to watch but it worked for a few year and teams hated playing them.

Football results ain’t that easy to predict.   Otherwise you would have had the old 8 score draws up Dilly :cup2:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2020, 11:12:35 PM »
Well gents - Certainly agree with your assessment of the atmosphere - nothing more than hopefully enjoyable banter.  We do disagree on aspects of the game, but that’s no problem.  Just a quick nip at KES (!) - I do think “strong” is a highly exaggerated cliche in the game.  You’ll hear commentators and pundits saying “showed his strength” in a situation, when it was obvious that it was either balance or nipping through a gap, and with no contact whatsoever, never mind “strength” !  And I don’t think 80% of the NL players are “strong”.  Whenever we’ve been burned it’s by slippery nipsters !  We’ve lost one ( Loza), but if YouTube is right, Gyasi is an ideal replacement nipster - if he can leap the gap up to NL.  Finally, again HNY to you both, but I must continue to advise managers , etc, some/many I believe got the job by impressing Chairmen by cliches like “character” and “strength” in the interview !  That’s why managers are always getting sacked ! (IMVHO!!)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2020, 08:45:45 AM »
Have to agree with you Dilly about Football Managers and Cliche’s. There must be a course they all go on which teaches them all to use the same old spiel. Everyone must have a bet hate one of these that gets churned out time after time.

I’m gonna set the ball rolling with. ‘I’m looking for a reaction’    This normally gets trotted out after a team has been stuffed and the Manager is hoping the players don’t make him look at a tool in the next game.

Next.....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »
Well gents - Certainly agree with your assessment of the atmosphere - nothing more than hopefully enjoyable banter.  We do disagree on aspects of the game, but that’s no problem.  Just a quick nip at KES (!) - I do think “strong” is a highly exaggerated cliche in the game.  You’ll hear commentators and pundits saying “showed his strength” in a situation, when it was obvious that it was either balance or nipping through a gap, and with no contact whatsoever, never mind “strength” !  And I don’t think 80% of the NL players are “strong”.  Whenever we’ve been burned it’s by slippery nipsters !  We’ve lost one ( Loza), but if YouTube is right, Gyasi is an ideal replacement nipster - if he can leap the gap up to NL.  Finally, again HNY to you both, but I must continue to advise managers , etc, some/many I believe got the job by impressing Chairmen by cliches like “character” and “strength” in the interview !  That’s why managers are always getting sacked ! (IMVHO!!)

Oh come on Dilly you are pushing your luck now :laughcry: :laughcry:...you are making me think you have never played the game yourself.....NL players don't have physical strength (?) what planet are you on...even your nipsters rely on core strength and significant body and length strength......if you can't see that.....you need more than Specsavers........message me your address, I will send you a magnifying glass  :laughcry: :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2020, 01:05:00 PM »
Back to the clichés:

I like "We defended well from front to back".
I especially like this because they seem to realise if they say from "back to front", it sounds even more daft.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal