Author Topic: New Signing - Michael Gyasi  (Read 1881 times)

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
New Signing - Michael Gyasi
« on: December 21, 2020, 03:11:57 PM »
https://www.kltown.co.uk/2020/12/21/linnets-bring-in-gyasi/

“The club are pleased to announce the signing of Michael Gyasi from St Ives Town. The 20 year old winger can play on either the left or right flank and in his time at St Ives this season he has netted five goals from ten appearances, winning three ‘man of the match’ awards in the process. Gyasi has also seen service at both Chelsea and Leicester City’s Academy sides.

Speaking following the announcement Lynn’s director of football Rob Back said ‘ Michael is a very good prospect and one we are pleased to have with us at The Walks. He is still young and keen to learn and he is looking forward to doing that here. He’s not a direct replacement for Jamar Loza and we are still in the market for another player.

Gyasi is cup tied and not available for tomorrow evening’s rearranged FA Trophy tie at Alfreton Town but will be available for selection for the Linnets Boxing Day encounter with Notts County.“

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: New Signing - Michael Gyasi
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 06:12:47 PM »
Certainly has an interesting history for a 20 year old, albeit at acadamies and then lower down the pyramid.  The odd bit in the press release for me was that he was "not a direct replacement for Jamar Loza and we are still in the market for another player" which makes you wonder what opportunities Gyasi will get given that Power has had to fight for game time as have Kelly, Carey and King so we appear to have added another winger / attacking player and are still looking for another to replace the one we lost, although maybe that is just to take some pressure off a player moving up two steps when all the players are saying what a big jump it was from last year to this.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 12:52:13 PM »
Obviously the gov money factored with the gates receipts and streaming money is working well for the club with a new player in and maybe another.

I thought SC said in his last podcast how tough things are.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 01:34:18 PM »
Obviously the gov money factored with the gates receipts and streaming money is working well for the club with a new player in and maybe another.

Probably cheaper wages than Loza was on? Plus didn’t we get a fee for him so imagine club is using that? Nice that you’ve welcomed the player.......

Big step up for him but players have done it before. Look forward to seeing him in action

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 01:58:20 PM »
Long term survival is more important than a new player coming in Paul, whatever you may think. SC said this season is all about the Club surviving.  I would much rather see the Club at step 2 than not there at all.   How about you ?

This government can’t be expected to keep bailing out Football indefinitely. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 02:44:38 PM »
This government Mall hasn't a clue..... bankrupting the country could be one of its less serious misdemeanors the way things are going.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 02:46:59 PM »
Long term survival is more important than a new player coming in Paul, whatever you may think. SC said this season is all about the Club surviving.  I would much rather see the Club at step 2 than not there at all.   How about you ?

This government can’t be expected to keep bailing out Football indefinitely.

Of course long term survival is important, don't think anyone would say anything else!

If a player becomes available and club can afford him no reason we shouldn't be signing him - lets be honest if we didn't and got a few injuries certain people would be quick to criticise the club for not bringing players in.........

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 03:15:28 PM »
Let’s hope you are right Paul and next Month IF some of Elite League Football is suspended that we dont have a begging bowl back out again.   Like you Paul I think we are good enough to stay in this League, with the squad we have.   

Bigger Picture and Rainy Days spring to mind.

Differing opinions make the World go around.  Maybe you have it spot on Paul
And I am way of the mark.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Enjoying my 5 minutes of Fame. 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 03:43:13 PM »
EDP on-line article saying that Norfolk is very likely to go into Tier 3 or 4 (Source County's Public Health Director).

If Judas took 30 pieces of silver, would he donate it to the club?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Enjoying my 5 minutes of Fame. 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »

Nine Clubs in 4 years.

That's some going!
If Judas took 30 pieces of silver, would he donate it to the club?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 11:31:31 PM »
It is a bit worrying that the new player has moved about so much, but I like the look of him on YouTube.  Similar to Jamar, quick, nippy and slippery, with a cracking shot on him.  Looking forward to seeing him.  Concerned though that still no news on King and Kelly - two important players....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal