Author Topic: Postponed  (Read 3497 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Postponed
« on: December 25, 2020, 09:00:59 PM »
The game tomorrow against Notts County as been postponed owing to Two of their staff contracted COVID 19 also the Game in January

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: Postponed
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
 :banghead; reading our homepage it states 1 of our staff members tests positive for Covid-19, however it makes no difference whether it is our staff or Notts County staff members, LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN 22 PEOPLE, kicking a bag of wind around.
                  STAY SAFE ALL AND WISHING EVERYONE, A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
                                  :farmer: :scarf:  :oldman"  :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If life pushes you, push back harder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 10:34:38 PM »
:banghead; reading our homepage it states 1 of our staff members tests positive for Covid-19, however it makes no difference whether it is our staff or Notts County staff members, LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN 22 PEOPLE, kicking a bag of wind around.
                  STAY SAFE ALL AND WISHING EVERYONE, A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
                                  :farmer: :scarf:  :oldman"  :scarf:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 12:01:53 AM »
Completely agree with Dazza, disappointing though it is.  It could be quite difficult to finish the season again, at any level.  Damn thing is getting worse....

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 10:05:53 AM »
To whoever has proved COVID-19 Positive, Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Attack is the Best Form of Defence. (It works for the Military which is also a Team.)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 10:42:00 AM »
With how the virus has been spreading in Norfolk, I think we have been very lucky for this not to happen before now, and that there's only been the one case so far.

Regular testing must become mandatory, surely?   :dontknow:

Looking for a positive with regards to the situation, at least there will now be a chance that the rearranged game can be played in front of paying supporters.

:scarf:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 11:07:42 AM »
To whoever has proved COVID-19 Positive, Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
Paul Bastock has tweeted that he is the sufferer.
Get well soon Paul.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 01:33:40 PM »
I don't understand how we remained in tier2 for as long as we did considering the QEH has almost double the number of Covid positives as at the peak of the first wave.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 08:45:25 PM »
Maybe it was imported with the mass exodus of people out of London ,jumping us out tier 2 into tier 4 in a week ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 12:33:50 PM »
Maybe it was imported with the mass exodus of people out of London ,jumping us out tier 2 into tier 4 in a week ?

Interesting theory. I would think that any that didn't follow the rules during the Pandemic, ignored social distancing, thought the rules didn't apply to them etc, all had their part to play in spreading the virus.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 12:36:34 PM »
I guess it's got nothing to do with all those that have had no choice and had to work all the way through...presumably the "virus" skipped them though and oh...all the kids at school...the "virus" i take it skipped them as well... :dontknow:

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 04:49:24 PM »

Interesting theory. I would think that any that didn't follow the rules during the Pandemic, ignored social distancing, thought the rules didn't apply to them etc, all had their part to play in spreading the virus.

Or the daily commuters from Lynn to London bringing it back.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 06:21:54 PM »

Would imagine most have been working from home

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 06:29:03 PM »

That’s nice for them, many off us have been to work as usual during the whole 10 months of this awful virus and will be going back again straight after the XMAS BREAK, indeed many have had to work through Xmas .

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »

That’s nice for them, many off us have been to work as usual during the whole 10 months of this awful virus and will be going back again straight after the XMAS BREAK, indeed many have had to work through Xmas .

I’ve worked all the way through as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal