Author Topic: Podcast  (Read 3047 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Podcast
« on: December 23, 2020, 06:51:30 PM »
Very good guest on SCís latest podcast.  The Chairman of Lewes.   Very forward thinking Club.

Well worth a listen

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
Re: Podcast
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »
Very good guest on SCís latest podcast.  The Chairman of Lewes.   Very forward thinking Club.

Well worth a listen

A fan owned Club I believe.
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »
Really interesting listening to Stuart Fuller from Lewes FC, seemed very open with how the club is run, it's ambitions and equally the constraints within which it opperates.  SC, as ever, keen to ask lots of questions and at times seemed a bit perplexed with some of the answers but no less interesting for that.

SC really has to be commended for continuing with these podcasts as it must be a drain on his time but he keeps coming up with good guests with something to say and he is also prepared to put forward things from a King's Lynn Town (his) perspective.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 02:41:35 PM »
The thing I found very interesting was that they have the same playing budget for their Ladies team as they do their senior menís team, both of which have a budget of 2.5k per week.   SC seemed genuinely shocked at how little they were spending on players.

The other topic that SC brought up a few times was the relationship that Stuart Fuller had with his first team Manager, and seemed very impressed with the closeness of the relationship.   Hmmmmmmm

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »
The thing I found very interesting was that they have the same playing budget for their Ladies team as they do their senior menís team, both of which have a budget of 2.5k per week.   SC seemed genuinely shocked at how little they were spending on players.

Seems ages since we were step 3 but actually only two seasons ago which shows how far we have come in such a short space of time and there will always be different budgets within divisions and across regions but I would imagine our promotion winning side was on a fair bit more than the £2.5K that Lewes are paying to be lower mid-table in the Isthmian Premier although it would be interesting to compare to what Buster was paying at the same level.

The other topic that SC brought up a few times was the relationship that Stuart Fuller had with his first team Manager, and seemed very impressed with the closeness of the relationship.   Hmmmmmmm

I got the impression that Stuart was closer in role to Robbie Back than SC so not unreasonable that he was more involved and he did say it was the manager's first management role having previously just been a coach, but it did make for interesting listening. 

I also thought the whole interview spoke volumes about how a fan-owned club 'could' work but it was pretty obvious they have some good people in key positions and with a board of ten all having authority to do their jobs and taking that responsibility on - certainly puts our off-field structure into some perspective.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 04:36:01 PM »
Iíve always been a fan of that MO Tony.   10 board members each with their own responsibilities.  Safe in the knowledge that all bases are being covered. Re-election every 3 years ( staggered).  The club certainly has the off field sorted, even at step 3.  Could be suggested more so than we do at step 1.  Certainly their Ladies team are playing at a very high standard, for a place the size of Lewes.  Sounds very much like square pegs in square holes there.

On the flip side Stuart also said he felt  that fan owned clubs would never work beyond Division 2 of the Football League.  Then again I think thatís the extent of Kings Lynn ambitions anyway.

Certainly worth a listen for any football fan.  Stuart certainly spoke well and was a credit to his club.   They seem to really have a community feel about the Club.

Have to say also all credit to SC was one of the more interesting podcasts of late.   Must be some common theme why that is.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 10:06:25 PM »
I think Tony M is spot on with the amount Buster was paying out on players buget

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 06:04:19 PM »
New Podcast available from SC.   

Interview with  the guy who has bought Charlton. He shopped around before taking on Charlton.

SC   not sure when the next lot of bailout money is coming in.  Most clubs will be worried as they pay monthly, but Kings Lynn pay weekly.   

New player hopefully in next week.

Oh and a new lady has been appointed as Club Secretary, ex Macclesfield.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 07:27:17 PM »
New Podcast available from SC.   

Mentions the guy who has bought Charlton. He shopped around before taking on Charlton.

The Kings Lynn points were not sure when the next lot of bail out money is coming in.  Most clubs will be worried as they pay monthly, but Kings Lynn pay weekly.   

New player hopefully in next week.
. And therein lies the problem. Don't know when bailout money is coming in. But new player coming in next week. Hopefully tonight's announcement will put the problem to bed once and for all. :countingmoney:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 08:52:08 PM »
SC must be confident itís coming and in decent amounts, otherwise why would we be signing another player and bringing in a remote Club Secretary.

The last I heard it was 11m to be split between all step 1 & 2 clubs, that will have to get them through to the end of the season.  Two other issues on this maybe.  1. Itís in the form of a loan, not a gift.  2.  After the trouble with the way the NL divided the first batch of money then a new committee will determine how it is divided up this time.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 09:07:43 PM »
You would think that as Jan games have started to be played, that the clubs would need to know what funds they are getting by now.  :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 09:22:27 PM »

Oh and a new lady has been appointed as Club Secretary, ex Macclesfield.

With this Ladyís history and as she has been looking for employment, I would assume that the post of Secretary at Lynn has now become a paid position.   :dontknow:

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 12:22:22 PM »
So poor old Norman was carrying all that load on his shoulders as a volunteer and paying to get himself in through the gate on matchday???...."I make everyone pay"....as the chairman states...hmmmmm

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal