Author Topic: The season  (Read 3046 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Enjoying my 5 minutes of Fame. 😂
    • View Profile
The season
« on: January 01, 2021, 11:28:13 AM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss

31m
Covid has halted the non-league season at Step 3 and below.

Conversations will take place between leagues over the coming days before the FA Council meets to discuss the situation.

There is increasing acknowledgment that completing the season as planned may not be possible.
Were the big boys being nasty?   😂

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: The season
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 11:34:03 AM »
And the difference between step 3 and steps 1 & 2 ?  Classed as Elite but what if any is the difference ?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 11:37:31 AM »
No doubt Fulhams match will go ahead in a few days time,  even though there will only have been a 4 day period in between them calling off v spurs, and no doubt man city's game will go ahead even though will have only been a 5 day gap....the FA have made it quite clear....there's one rule for the rich and one for everyone else......pretty much as in life I would say

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 12:07:40 PM »
I think it's called Sky TV.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 12:38:21 PM »
Premier League is carrying out regular testing which apparently cannot be said for Leagues 1&2 plus Steps 1 & 2 at Non League level.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 01:11:49 PM »
Think you will find all football will stop within a fortnight...the case situation is worse than last March, so I don't see how things can stay open for much longer...even with the start of the vaccine.....if only the gvnmt had tightened up much sooner, we might now be in a situation where the vaccine made the difference.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 02:39:31 PM »
I am afraid you cannot govern people who delibrately go out of their way to break the rules. Look at the number of  fines issued last night.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 03:45:58 PM »
Can't understand why a curfew hasn't been introduced.
Also, a ruling that face masks should be worn when out and about in urban areas.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 05:07:50 PM »
Use all monies from the new 3 year BT deal to make all grounds Covid secure. With no money to be spent on playing and coaching staff. Any money left over to go to a fund, to help  affected players and staff overcome the longer effects of Covid.  Club Chairman knew this season was going to be like no other. Yet most carried on as
though nothing was different. Piling more and more debt  on their club's . Then expecting somebody, anybody to bail them out. Well I think enoughs enough. let the elite league's join the rest of non League, and be left to put their own house in order. With minimal support.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 08:55:14 PM »
one thing wrong with what you say you cannot make a football Stadium Covid secure .Supporters will not stay 2 mitres apart.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 09:04:47 PM »
British Common Sense !!!  Admired the world over !z,

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Enjoying my 5 minutes of Fame. 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 10:27:01 PM »
British Common Sense !!!  Admired the world over !z,

The Ryan Air latest TV advert, in an attempt to get people to fly abroad.

"Jab and go".

:banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
Were the big boys being nasty?   😂

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 09:08:21 AM »
one thing wrong with what you say you cannot make a football Stadium Covid secure .Supporters will not stay 2 mitres apart.
. Then get the Covid Marshalls  & Police in and start handing fixed penalties out.  Starting with the most obvious groups.  The problem would soon be resolved

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 11:09:00 AM »
Exactly....even this late in the 'game' it would be beneficial if there was actually some mettle and leadership from the top.....all this "some people will do want they want to do" is drivel...some people take this stance because of the wishy washy and confused messages (not to mention the ministerial rule breaking) emanating from no 10, so they believe it is their right and they can get away with it.
For pity's sake, someone in charge take a firm grip, before we have an even greater catastrophe on our hands..........start with announcing on news bulletins a fixed penalty of 500 for each offence for anyone not adhering to social distancing or wearing a mask, payable within 5 days....otherwise assets seized to make the payment.....then see how many people still feel it is their right to flaunt the rules.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 11:23:23 AM »
There is a danger that Covid can scupper our season in the National League, with the call offs and trying to squeeze in the games , its starting to get silly, and I don't think the League is doing much to help us. Why the big hurry? Long treks away on Tuesday nights this time of year is unfair on a part time club which have players who have to work in the morning after.
The Covid outbreak is not getting better anytime soon. Halt the season for a few weeks, give everyone a chance to get vaccinated and restart when we know we are back to normal, and on the subject of government bailouts, as has been said on this post already, NO club should be allowed to sign more players while taking financial aid.       

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal