Author Topic: Halifax  (Read 4340 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Halifax
« on: January 08, 2021, 05:08:37 PM »
Getting back to football........

Looking at Halifax’s form going to be a tough game(as most are), however looks like their games have a few goals in for both sides.

Personally I’d go with team that drew with Torquay with King or Kiwomya replacing Loza.

Prediction 2-1 Lynn

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Halifax
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 07:57:45 PM »
Yes I am also hoping we can nick it and agree with line up...

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 09:58:27 AM »
I Hope he plays both wingers the best defence is to attack

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 10:18:08 AM »
With the run of matches coming up, 3 points today is vital. Keep the the team from Torquay, with King in for the Loser.  I see the National League is getting another 10 million. Todays paper.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 11:03:16 AM »
Difficult for IC today as he may well have as fully fit squad to choose from as he has had for a while, I guess much will depend on his view of the Torquay match and how much of the performance was down to the formation, the attitude, the conditions or Torquay having an 'off day'.  I personally think it was probably a bit of all four but in reverse order to how I have written them, key for me today is that we go out with the right attitude and in particular the back line keep with the positive intent to win the ball they showed against Torquay

I was surprised to see us replace Loza pretty much like-for-like with Kiwomya as Culverhouse has, prior to this season at least, not gone with wingers which was the reason for Alex's departure from Chesterfield (and they haven't done too bad under the new manager).  Still think the jury is out on whether that actually helps us at this (or any) level but got to give the lad a go having signed him.  Not sure when the club resumed training but hopefully haven't got too rusty over the Christmas break and will champing at the bit to get back out there and we need to start picking up points and coming into a bit of form with games coming thick although for how long only time will tell

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 01:13:01 PM »
I can’t pick a team because I don’t know enough about the newcomers.   BUT....  I think IC should carry on with the more versatile line-up that he picked against Torquay.  Every time we have played a team packed with defenders we have been stuffed.  He has to spend more time up their end, rather than trying to keep them out.  So, I agree with KES, and would include King in Loza’s inside left slot, and go with the Dilly team of several months !  Power, Southwell and Marriott other names on the team sheet, and Gash for a shorter period.  Dilly is available for further advice, and FREE OF CHARGE  !!!  ......

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 02:11:18 PM »
Please stop doing yourself down Dilly...keep offering your services f.o.c. for goodness sake.....why not say "for a small and reasonable fee"....you'll be added as an "advisor to management" in no time, with all this supposed extra cash coming into the NL :laughcry: :laughcry:
You should perhaps come up with a role title tho...how about "Tactical Technician" :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 02:16:12 PM »
Dilly these are tough times for football clubs.  So if you could see your way to offer your services foc then I’m sure this would be most appreciated by The Club.

Whatever team IC goes with today I’m feel sure will get us something out of this game.  Head says 1-1 heart says we could Nick this one 2-1

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 02:23:30 PM »
I'm intrigued by the line-up on the BBC football website: 4-4-2:
                                  MAIR
    BROWN CALLAN-MCFADDEN JARVIS RICHARDS
            SMITH GASH SOUTHWELL BARROWS
                        POWER MCAULEY
Perhaps they know more than we do?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 02:25:04 PM »
Hope the fog doesn't thicken till after 5pm

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 05:31:03 PM »
Have to say a point is acceptable,but 3 were there for the taking . A point a piece is probably a fair reflection.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 06:43:05 PM »
Decent point in the end.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 07:37:23 PM »
Take that point everyday of the week.

Arron Jones missing was a surprise.   Covid ?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2021, 07:44:47 PM »
That was what Stephen Cleeve said on the live commentary. Will be out for the Altrincham game as well.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2021, 07:57:43 PM »
You’re both probably right, KES and Mall....  I should be charging, but you can probably tell I’m not one to blow my own trumpet.  I’ll give it a bit more thought.  And as for a title, how about “Tactical Technician who Doesn’t Believe in Tactics”....  Trouble is, I’m reluctant to go back into it, because the last one ended badly.  I was at Barcelona, but got slung out for knocking off the Chairman’s wife.  Ah well, Barca’s loss, KLTFC’s gain.  Tell you what though, KLTFC may have turned the corner - they look good enough to hold their own in this league now, but I still fear they’ll go 8 defenders and hackers and start getting pummelled again.  Today’s team was leaning that way on the team sheet, but Power, Southwell, and Kiwomya kept pegging them back - the best way to defend, and at the same time, increase our chances of winning.  Marriott played his way in to the next Dilly team, alongside Southwell....OK, got to go - Real Madrid are on the blower.......

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal