Author Topic: Halifax  (Read 4197 times)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Halifax
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 08:01:37 PM »
Cleeve said he went down with it over Christmas maybe the same source as Paul Bastock if not Bastock himself.

Makes out for a case for testing all players on a regular basis
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 08:03:56 PM »
That was what Stephen Cleeve said on the live commentary. Will be out for the Altrincham game as well.

Did he actually say it was Covid?
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 09:40:44 AM »
That was what Stephen Cleeve said on the live commentary. Will be out for the Altrincham game as well.

Yes, quite clearly stated Aaron Jones out with COVID.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Attack is the Best Form of Defence. (It works for the Military which is also a Team.)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »

Thanks.   
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 10:03:43 AM »

Yes, as Admin said also out for the Altrincham game but no issues with the other members of the squad as they didn't meet up again until the Tuesday just gone by which time he had already tested positive and was self isolating, thought he was a big miss again yesterday and Brown continues to look like he has no idea where he is supposed to be in relation to the other defenders.

Personally thought we held our own against a mid table NL side which is really what we should be aspiring to, they played the better football and tested the keeper more but we were more than worth the point on balance.  Power got Mark Hearle's MotM but I would have given it to Mair, kept us in it with a couple of key saves.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2021, 10:50:09 AM »
TonyM is correct about Mair, he did make some great saves, but my MOM was Southwell, his work rate and movement off the ball was excellent, also made the goal.  We had the chances, but our choice of options was the wrong choice.

wearywillie

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 04:15:03 PM »
Encouraging as the results and performances were agaist Torquay and Halifax, it has been competing against the big physical sides that has proved to be our undoing so far this season. I guess we will know pretty quickly overr the next few weeks if that has been addressed.

I would not like to see the Smith, McFadden partnership split, however to add moe physicality to the back row wonder if McAuley might be included at left back

Yesterdays, MOM for me Jarvis, without his reading of the game from the back, not at all sure playning two wide men would work.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 05:03:49 PM »
Are we no longer going to get post match interviews now that Bev Archer has gone to Wroxham ?  Surely someone else can hold a camera for a few minutes. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 06:18:23 PM »
Presumably not too busy with post match interviews at Wroxham for the next 6 months ?!
Transcript of the interview usually appears in EDP on line next day albeit a little cut about

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 06:27:37 PM »
I would not like to see the Smith, McFadden partnership split, however to add moe physicality to the back row wonder if McAuley might be included at left back

Dont let dilly see you using the physicality word willy....you'll be for it...... :laughcry: :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2021, 08:40:48 PM »
You do realise you are advocating replacing a "slippery nipster" with a "hooligan"  :laughcry: :laughcry:

Furthermore whilst McAuley is doing a solid job of defending, we could have avoided the need to defend, by attacking before the opposition :laughcry:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2021, 09:16:47 AM »
We tried that formation for several weeks, Wearywillie, and got stuffed nearly every time.  We are slowly constructing a slipperier team, and it’s working, because the opponents have to spend more time stopping us, instead of concentrating their whole game on sticking 5 past us.  AND - I haven’t seen a team beating us through physicality this season, only by being too slick and nippy for us.  Glad to see KES is enjoying seeing us making them defend as well !!!  I’m still considering charging, but appreciate that times are hard at the moment.  I’m already being paid by Matt Hancock for “crying lessons”, so that’s keeping me going ....

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2021, 11:58:43 AM »
TonyM is correct about Mair, he did make some great saves, but my MOM was Southwell, his work rate and movement off the ball was excellent, also made the goal.  We had the chances, but our choice of options was the wrong choice.

I'd agree with that. Thought Southwell was very good - he worked really hard up front and didn't let their defenders settle for too long. Another day we take out chances and win, but as others have said a few weeks ago we'd have probably caved in and conceded a couple. Personally think we're starting to show we can compete at this level.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal