Author Topic: Altrincham away Tuesday POSTPONED  (Read 2582 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Altrincham away Tuesday POSTPONED
« on: January 10, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »
Games are going to come think and fast.   Next  up the side who came up with us this season, via the play offs.  Certainly started the season with a bang and up their in the play off places.

So does IC go again with the format that has grabbed us two well deserved draws against decent opposition or does he rotate it ?  Given that we have a heavy programme of games and a big 21 man squad.

Only one man can really answer this.   So Dilly will be go defensive line up or try and stick it to them with those slippery Nipster’s ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham away Tuesday POSTPONED
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 05:04:55 PM »

IC has said we are hard to beat and we have experience of Altrincham as we played them last season.  So should go there looking for at least a point
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 06:13:48 PM »
They are really only mid table once everyone has played the same. .....but don't concede many and fight till the last.
I still think we can go there and get something.
Let's wait and see what "The Tactical Technician who doesn't believe in tactics" recommends... provided he is still not charging of course !

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »
From the club website:
"Tomorrow evening's scheduled National League fixture at Altrincham has been postponed by the National League due to an ongoing  COVID investigation at The Walks.

Following assistant manager Paul Bastock’s positive test on Christmas Day, full back Aaron Jones also provided a positive COVID test over the festive period. Aaron’s last contact with any of his team mates or club management was on December 22nd  – the fixture away at Alfreton Town in the FA Trophy.

A procedural error took place within the club, which has now been rectified,  in relation to the situation involving Aaron with the National League informing the club that they had taken the decision to postpone the game early this morning.

No other players or club management are having to isolate because of the situation and we expect to be back in action this weekend when we visit Hornchurch in the FA Trophy."

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 11:52:21 AM »
about time government took the lockdown serious and get back to allowing just key workers to work. Stop football at all levels.plus the likes of estate agents how can any of these be classed as key.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 11:54:55 AM »
Is Halifax’s game Tuesday night off as well ?

Is this a cock up by the club or the health and Safety officer.  All seems a little cloak and dagger

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 11:55:43 AM »
plus the likes of estate agents how can any of these be classed as key.

Estate agents, solicitors & mortgage companies who work with them certainly not essential. I'm sure they can close for a few months like shops have had to do.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 11:56:46 AM »

Is this a cock up by the club or the health and Safety officer.  All seems a little cloak and dagger

No Halifax is still on. Statement reads to me that Aaron Jones has not been around anyone at the club since the 22nd December so past the 14 day period (or 10 day, whichever it is today!!)

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 11:57:00 AM »
I hope I’m wrong but I’m beginning to wonder if the season can be completed at this rate. Lynn has only played one league game in a month. Dover has only played 10 all season. And Covid levels still increasing.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 12:07:43 PM »

No Halifax is still on. Statement reads to me that Aaron Jones has not been around anyone at the club since the 22nd December so past the 14 day period (or 10 day, whichever it is today!!)

Little confused Paul, doesn’t take much these days.  Are you saying Saturdays game v Halifax shouldn’t have taken place ?  If so why did the the H&S officer allow this to happen.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 12:10:37 PM »

Little confused Paul, doesn’t take much these days.  Are you saying Saturdays game v Halifax shouldn’t have taken place ?  If so why did the the H&S officer allow this to happen.

No I'm not saying that. Are you?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 12:12:20 PM »

No I'm not saying that. Are you?

I've heard that the H & S/ Covid Officer resigned after Saturdays game.

Were the floodlights turned off too early, as I heard that he didn't like to be kept in the dark.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 12:34:50 PM »
From the club website:
"Tomorrow evening's scheduled National League fixture at Altrincham has been postponed by the National League due to an ongoing  COVID investigation at The Walks.

Following assistant manager Paul Bastock’s positive test on Christmas Day, full back Aaron Jones also provided a positive COVID test over the festive period. Aaron’s last contact with any of his team mates or club management was on December 22nd  – the fixture away at Alfreton Town in the FA Trophy.

A procedural error took place within the club, which has now been rectified,  in relation to the situation involving Aaron with the National League informing the club that they had taken the decision to postpone the game early this morning.

No other players or club management are having to isolate because of the situation and we expect to be back in action this weekend when we visit Hornchurch in the FA Trophy."
.  So does this mean all other players and staff  have provided a negative test. Not having symptoms is not  enough to say you haven't got it. Most people going down at the moment are not showing symptoms but are infectious. So  the only way to know is  being tested.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2021, 12:40:00 PM »
Surely, it must be that the other players and staff have not been tested....or not tested within the correct timeframes (?).
If no one has been in contact with Jones since the 22nd, that's now 20 days ago, so if the remaining staff have a negative test now, they must be clear to play...or am I missing something.......... don't see why the Alty game would be off

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal