Author Topic: Is it time to call a halt ?  (Read 3960 times)

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: Is it time to call a halt ?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 02:44:43 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55605876  Hmm could be costly if clubs are not on the ball with Covid.  :countingmoney:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »
Got to go with gs50...... The season should be ended now.  We all love it, but it IS just a game.......

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 10:09:42 AM »
I”m now in Romania, and looking from here to the Uk its a fiasco with you. We are not currently under any restrictions but when e are its permits to travel just to the village shop , police checkpoints , we are currently wearing face masks once you leave your property. Should you be stupid enough to hold a party you get a nice visit from the black clad paramilitary police and the organisers face 2-5 years in prison. Nobody argues about the government,civil rights, freedom of speech. Mental health etc YOU DO AS YOUR TOLD policing at its best IMO. Football is nothing to the economy etc the season at all levels is a fiasco end it now start again with a clean slate in say July

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 11:45:38 AM »
GrahamB I think that's one of the best posts I have seen about the virus to many
people think is a joke, and the Police should have been told to be much more
active. After 10 months the supermarkets are now going to more strict why has it taken this long.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 09:33:32 AM »
GrahamB I think that's one of the best posts I have seen about the virus to many
people think is a joke, and the Police should have been told to be much more
active. After 10 months the supermarkets are now going to more strict why has it taken this long.

Why?

Because the country voted for a failed journalist to be our prime minister.

Never ran a department, never led a campaign or championed a cause other than for his own position.

Zero leadership, zero character of any worth, zero respect from anyone other than those who voted for him and still live in ignorant hope that's he'll pull through good.

But hey, 80,000 dead and rising.

If America had the same death rate as us in the last week, they would need to have 5200 deaths a day.

It's shameful,  buy hey, imagine the chaos under Labour eh?

World beating, my arse.
Make every day a Sun day.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 09:35:27 AM »
That's a yes.  Football should be closed down and compensated as businesses.   The constant in and out of lockdown, hearing stories of whole teams going down with covid has to STOP and has to stop now.

We'll be at 100,000 deaths with weeks ffs!

T
Make every day a Sun day.

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 11:57:19 AM »
Kevin, can you kindly change "the country" I for didn't vote for him nor Brexit, the have lied from start from start to current.
The social distancing in football and rugby is beyond a joke.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 12:43:58 PM »
Sensible posts on this thread.  I agree with KH’s post, but also Jackdaw’s response to it, especially that the  “the country” didn’t vote for it.  But yes, it does look ridiculous when players and officials start by “ elbowing”, and celebrate or finish with hugs and kisses - some of them virtually making love !!  I certainly agree that all football should be halted, until the virus is either a minor or non-existent concern, or when it does start again properly, it will be played and supported by far too many very sad people who have suffered the bereavement of the closest people in their lives.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal