Author Topic: Power on the move?  (Read 2066 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Power on the move?
« on: January 13, 2021, 01:53:14 PM »
Seems Harrogate are keen to take him off Norwich's hands on a free.  Guess it works for Norwich who still retain an interest if he does go on to 'bigger things' with a sell on clause but equally don't feel its worth their while exercising the option to keep him for another year

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-winger-ends-lynn-loan-6900968

Article says Lynn have offered to match his wages for this season which doesn't make any sense to me but maybe others will have a different opinion.  Personally I still think he has a lot to learn and either Simon Weaver thinks he can turn that potential into consistent performances or is just taking a gamble on a free transfer opportunity.  I guess time will tell but I do wonder about the people behind the lad as there seems to be a lot of hype which doesn't always translate on the pitch (even dropping down the ladder he hasn't been a consistent starter)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Power on the move?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 03:27:21 PM »
Article says Lynn have offered to match his wages for this season which doesn't make any sense to me but maybe others will have a different opinion. 

I wouldn't worry about it. Probably means nothing. I seem to remember the last time a player left us, the Clubs version of the financial side of it was refuted by the player.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 03:33:24 PM »
I wonder if he'll be turned on by certain sections because hes decided to leave.
At end of the day everyones circumstances and reasons for leaving are their own...but ultimately no matter how you dress it up...they do the same thing....leave... :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 03:37:07 PM »
Players come and go.  The same as Managers and indeed owners.   Always disappointing to lose a decent player but the lad is young and still
Has better things ahead of him.

Gradual changing of the guard.   Ward, Hendo, Street, Loza and now Power.

Plus Fryatt, Hawkins, Fox and Payne who were moved on

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 03:41:52 PM »
 Hasnt done George Thompson any harm going to Harrogate.Good luck to him if he goes

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 04:04:08 PM »
Does show the difficulties of keeping good players when you are suddenly a small fish in a big league and fighting to become competitive. Weymouth have also lost several key players to better teams in the NL and leagues above.
Also highlights the problems of having a Norwich loanee as goalkeeper with no back up. If the season continues, Lynn have to now hope that Mair's head is not turned by events.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 04:19:19 PM »
Probably didn't help that another lad from Norwich has gone on loan to Harrogate.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »
Let’s remember that Power is not a Lynn player.  So we have little say on where he goes and when, seemingly.  Though I’m surprised that Power wasn’t on a season long deal with us.   Is Mair on the same kind of arrangement where he could be recalled or be moved elsewhere and a moments notice ?

wearywillie

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 05:00:59 PM »
Like you Mallard very surprised that it was not a season long loan, unless Lynn agreed a release rather than keep a want away player.

It looks like the management had some clue that a move for Power might be on the cards with the signing of the winger from St Ives. Cosidering that the Alex Kiwomya signing look to be a replacement for Loza.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 06:03:21 PM »
Apparently Harrogate's game against Carlisle last night was cancelled because they had no Power

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 06:24:50 PM »
Let’s remember that Power is not a Lynn player.  So we have little say on where he goes and when, seemingly.  Though I’m surprised that Power wasn’t on a season long deal with us.   Is Mair on the same kind of arrangement where he could be recalled or be moved elsewhere and a moments notice ?

Assume Mair will be like all loans where a fee hasn't been paid, that recall can be activated during a transfer window. So unless Norwich feel there's a better loan out there should a club come in, or they want to cash in, then he'd be called back. I doubt either will happen, as he's only 19 and playing regularly at Step 1. Solid experience before he's loaned to a football league next season for the next step in development. Be surprised if Lynn are able to get him on loan for another season.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 06:28:30 PM »
Like you Mallard very surprised that it was not a season long loan, unless Lynn agreed a release rather than keep a want away player.

I thought season long loans could be recalled during the January transfer window as long as both clubs agree.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 08:07:09 PM »
Great pity, but inevitable.  It has been obvious he can go a lot higher.  I think he can do very well at League level, particularly as he’ll be supplied with balls, rather than have to forage for them.  You can spot talent after 5 minutes.  He’ll be very difficult to replace, but the last 2 signings look very good, and similar on YouTube......

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 08:44:40 PM »
Came on in the 74th minute tonight in Harrogate’s away game at Salford for his debut.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal