Author Topic: V Hornchurch  (Read 5730 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: V Hornchurch
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 05:13:05 PM »
Well, well..........

It seems to me that IC generally has little interest in the cup competitions.

The line up picked and the rather tame finish, seems to bear that out....but maybe I am being a bit unfair and showing bitterness so soon after the final whistle.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2021, 05:19:17 PM »
To be fair Hornchurch were fresh as they had t played or trained for weeks.

Thought SCís comments that we lacked creativity were a little harsh.

League game Tuesday I bet we will be looking for a reaction.

mrzanussi

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 05:25:30 PM »
I'm afraid I agree after Marriotts miss, Gashy should have drilled his. Kings shot froze so only heard Marks comment.
People will feel cheated after the effort shown today but we are Lynn and continue to support good or bad. They are our club and we will be back at the walks one day!

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2021, 05:27:16 PM »
Oooh I dont know about the line up...looks like IC put out a team of slippery nipsters...thought dilly must have been in touch.
Surely that side should have been good enough to deal with a team from isthmian league :dontknow:
But then maybe IC hasn't got the tactical nouse of dilly

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2021, 05:29:19 PM »
Thought Chairman was spot on we had nothing in midfield they went through us without tackles at times. Great believer if you have the players to win a game you should use them.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2021, 05:31:14 PM »
https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/linnets-humbled-by-ishmian-league-minnows-hornchurch-in-the-fa-trophy-9148600/

Match stats

Shots on target: Lynn 6; Hornchurch 8.

Shots off target: Lynn 8; Hornchurch 11.

Corners: Lynn 6; Hornchurch 6.
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2021, 07:37:30 PM »
Well, well..........

It seems to me that IC generally has little interest in the cup competitions.

Removed from FA competitions by lower league oppo 3 times in 3 seasons (we were already out by the time IC returned in 2018); Mildenhall, Nantwich and now Hornchurch.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »
Thought Chairman was spot on we had nothing in midfield they went through us without tackles at times. Great believer if you have the players to win a game you should use them.

With the Chairman giving us his thoughts, I was looking forward to the Managers interview.

Apparently IC decided not to give one today, which is a shame imo.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 08:24:34 PM »
In fairness what can he come out and say ?

Words to the effect that we got beaten by the better side.  Which is a hard thing to admit and justify when the team that beats us is 3 levels lower.

We seem to take one step forward and one step back.   Maybe we have a decent strong 11/12, but the back up squad just isnít good enough

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2021, 08:32:22 PM »
I think he would have said....it was a game of 2 halves....but ultimately the buck stops with me as I picked the side  :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2021, 09:13:44 PM »
In fairness what can he come out and say ?

Anything would do.

Supporters starved of not only football, but also contact with the Club.

Good opportunity (and how many more will there be this season), for Club to engage with supporters.

What's the point of Media if its not used?   :dontknow:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2021, 10:42:10 AM »
Just reflecting on the strange events of yesterday and feel a little bemused.
If someone had asked me at the start of the season as to whether the Trophy would be of interest this season, I would have said no, absolutely not, just concentrate on staying in the league.

Fast forward 3/4 months and my answer is different. There was an extra £3750 plus revenue from future rounds lost yesterday........just 3 further matches to get to Wembley and provide a little relief from the grind of the league and extra belief and interest for squad and fans alike. Would a maximum of 3 more matches really derail the league effort....I think it unlikely.

Things may stabilise , virus wise, from here on in, but if not and if league football has to stop for the season, the Trophy might have provided some remaining interest....as Hornchurch are finding....had they lost yesterday that probably would have been the end of their season.

So all in all a disappointing day yesterday.......inconsistency in performance (and for various reasons, the inability to get a settled eleven out on the pitch) continue  to be an issue. Perhaps with the departure of Power, who to my mind tho talented, wasn't a natural fit with the existing team pattern, more consistency in both areas will return.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2021, 11:26:01 AM »
Dilligaf and KES are my sparring partners this Sunday morning, and very welcome they are too.  Dilligaf - Putting out a team of slippery nipsters is exactly what IC DIDNíT do yesterday.  I went through the team sheet before the game, and despaired that we had virtually no route to goal.  And, morning KES- I donít get these ideas (not just yours) that Power either had ďloads to learnĒ or that he didnít fit into the team pattern.  I thought the team didnít fit into HIS pattern, as he was obviously the one who could at any moment go on to bigger things.  Still, food for thought, and I do appreciate yours, and often agree with them, but often not !!!

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2021, 12:10:56 PM »
I tend to slightly disagree dilly with your opinion of the line up. Carey, Mitchell, southwell and clunan...all in the starting line up...2 of which are in the top 4 scorers for Lynn this season.
And the amount of chances created seemed to say the creativity was there.
The fact the chances were not converted into goals was the issue. And if that side were not capable of disposing of a team 3 levels below them....then there in lies the problem....a good 0-0 draw against a Torquay side will soon fade into irrelevance

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2021, 12:22:42 PM »
Afternoon Dilly !

Well at least you agree that there was a mis match between Power and the rest of the team.

However, unsurprisingly :laughcry: :laughcry: your suggestion that the team should fit around or change their style or up their game for one man is preposterous.....you have exposed yourself at last
 :laughcry:

IMO Power was simply too quick on his feet for most of the squad to keep up.....and there was a tendency to over use him when other options would have been better.

Wish him all the best at Harrogate.....in a professional full time set up, with speedier players all around him, he may become more part of a team, rather than a lone ranger.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal