Author Topic: Season under threat  (Read 7644 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

gs50

• View Profile
Re: Season under threat
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 05:35:33 PM »
Don't think he is asking for money he is asking to be treated same as theatres and cinemas ie help by way of grants not loans which i think is reasonable.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 05:42:15 PM »
Surely Cinemas and Theatres are open more than one and sometimes twice a week ?   That’s like comparing eggs with oranges.

Clubs were given money as a gift for the the opening 3 months of the year.   I can find nothing where any mention was made of money being gifted beyond that.  Maybe, just maybe clubs should have cut their cloth accordingly, and not continue to spend money they may not have access to.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 06:38:32 PM »
Precisely mallard.....how will the west Norfolk MP react when he receives the chairmans cry for help correspondence, only to read that on the same day he recieved it Lynn made a new signing??
It's quite obvious that there is a certain element in parliament that does not like football.
This only aids their resentment towards football and unfortunately hinders the cry for help from.clubs genuinely in trouble IMO

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 06:58:28 PM »
Can't see in his  tweet where he has asked for finacial help. Football stadiums Theatre's and Cinemas were told they could not have audiences. Theatres and Cinemas received grants not loans. Following on from this the clubs have had  Grant upto January whether the government provides father grants or loans that's the argument. Personally if clubs can't continue  either suspend  season or cancel season.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 06:58:44 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
44m
I understand that the DCMS has indicated to the National League that their £11m of funding will be in loans.

Grants will only be available in exceptional circumstances.

The National League is encouraging clubs to contact their local MP to ask them to lobby DCMS.

Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
31m
Replying to
@Ollie_Bayliss
Many clubs are extremely concerned about the funding situation & reluctant to take on loans.

Some would prefer to furlough players & staff rather than continue playing the season.

The League will meet with clubs on Wednesday to discuss the situation.

.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 07:12:35 PM »
If a grant isn't free financial help then I dont know what is.... :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 07:25:42 PM »
Wouldn’t matter how many came into or how many left.  If there is no money then it seems there is no option other than to pull the plug on the season.

How many can say this is really not the right decision?

YellowLinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 08:30:28 PM »
Sorry but this club is becoming an embarrassment. How can we be signing all these new players and secretary but still beg for help?
We’re run by clowns.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 08:56:43 PM »
I find in interesting that when other clubs sign players their fans are usually saying things like “welcome to the club”, “good signing” and “look forward to seeing him play” and getting behind the club & player.

Then you look at our forum........

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 08:57:26 PM »
I blame the world we live in and the systems in place, rather than the club itself.

I believe the Chairman is in a really tough position. The bottom.line is that Lynn have to do everything they can to stay in the league. Barnet are strengthening massively with new signings, Chesterfield have already done it, Yeovil too......even Weymouth are introducing an extra training day and considering paying for players accommodation on future signings in order to be able to attract new, better players. So if you don't strengthen, you are in a pickle if the league continues..... and if you do strengthen, you are then potentially struggling financially if the grant money fails to arrive...but struggling along with tens of others in the Non league Elite set up... so maybe it's a more comfortable position to strengthen and use the combined voice of many than not strengthen and be isolated and in real danger of relegation.......What a mad world

and finally...welcome Tyler, may your stay here be a long and enjoyable one...COYL

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 08:20:48 PM »
Have we heard of any Clubs who haven’t paid their players yet ?   I guess the crunch time will come at the end of the month.

I wonder what kind of reaction Clubs will get from players when they might be thinking I might not get paid for this ?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 08:57:25 PM »
At least this story has a proper thread and it’s not all under a player signing.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 10:47:40 PM »
Might be a controversial opinion, but J don’t think NL clubs should get grants this time around. In the first, quite generous tranche of grants, it prompted a signing spree across the league. To speculate with a grant (which is what signing new players is) when it was unclear that any more would be forthcoming was naive at best.

Given what the first batch went out, one cannot blame the government, of whichever I’m not much of a fan off, for wanting security for the taxpayers funds this time around. And on broader point, given the miserly FSM boxes being sent out and the current furore over £20, I don’t think football should be near the top of the list for more funds.

SC certainly still needs some help with his PR, he seems not to appreciate the cognitive dissonance of his two pronouncements today.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 07:58:51 AM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
44m
I understand that the DCMS has indicated to the National League that their £11m of funding will be in loans.

Grants will only be available in exceptional circumstances.

The National League is encouraging clubs to contact their local MP to ask them to lobby DCMS.

Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
31m
Replying to
@Ollie_Bayliss
Many clubs are extremely concerned about the funding situation & reluctant to take on loans.

Some would prefer to furlough players & staff rather than continue playing the season.

The League will meet with clubs on Wednesday to discuss the situation.

Reading the first part of that Mr Cleeve is only doing what the league has suggested by contacting our local MP??

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal