Author Topic: Season under threat  (Read 4971 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Season under threat
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021, 05:28:38 PM »
Clubs asked to email NL on 3 proposed options , last of which is their least preferred of suspending season.Further NL meeting Friday.......all matches to continue this Saturday and following mid week

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2021, 06:44:41 PM »
How will that work KES if the League take out an 11m loan, to be paid back against reduced payments to each club over X number of years.   There will be teams coming up from step 3 and EFL leagues coming down who will be saddled with paying towards a debt they had no benefit from ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2021, 07:11:48 PM »
How will that work KES if the League take out an 11m loan, to be paid back against reduced payments to each club over X number of years.   There will be teams coming up from step 3 and EFL leagues coming down who will be saddled with paying towards a debt they had no benefit from ?

You think the Chairmen of the step 1 & 2 Clubs will worry about that?   :dontknow:
The supporters are the true voice of football.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2021, 07:36:15 PM »
I don't believe either of the first two options work Mall.........we have to hope that a better solution is found over the next few days to avoid suspension of the season.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2021, 07:56:53 PM »

You think the Chairmen of the step 1 & 2 Clubs will worry about that?   :dontknow:

I think the NL have made a right balls up by allowing the season to even start with only a 3 month commitment from the Gov to offer support.  Will they want to make even more Cocks up by saddling future members with debt that is not their responsibility?

Be interesting to hear Stephen Cleeveís thoughts on the situation and whether he is happy to have more debt bestowed on the club.  We are not going to gain promotion and prob not going to suffer relegation, so itís really a nothing season for us.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2021, 08:13:38 PM »
I think its a waste of time even putting the option of the Clubs taking loans,  on the table.

As if they are going to vote for that if there's any other option!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2021, 08:43:30 PM »

I think the NL have made a right balls up by allowing the season to even start with only a 3 month commitment from the Gov to offer support.  Will they want to make even more Cocks up by saddling future members with debt that is not their responsibility?

Be interesting to hear Stephen Cleeveís thoughts on the situation and whether he is happy to have more debt bestowed on the club.  We are not going to gain promotion and prob not going to suffer relegation, so itís really a nothing season for us.

He appears to have been happy with debt bestowed on the club in the past, a little bit more will not matter.
I think we will all be surprised at what the Club Owners and Chairman will accept, if it prevents their clubs going out of business, on their watch.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2021, 12:58:05 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss

16m
BREAKING:

The National League North & South have been suspended for 2 weeks.

The decision was made at a League Board meeting this morning, following feedback from clubs.

As a result, tomorrow's games are formally postponed.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2021, 01:38:10 PM »
Well that's the North and south sorted for 2 weeks -  what's are league doing  or are we carrying on ??

I get confused over the whole business at the moment  as to why we are still playing 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2021, 01:44:23 PM »
You can see where this is heading.

Any money made available will only be for step one Clubs.

Nice maneuver.

#allonefootballfamily

I get confused over the whole business at the moment  as to why we are still playing

I don't think you are the only one!  :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »
Maybe the NL committee see that the 11m loan is only enough to see the main league limp through till the end of the season.  5 months running costs is a lot to find.  SC has said it costs in excess of 100k per month to run Lynn.  So thatís half million we need.

Can see arguments to follow when it comes to these loans being repaid by clubs who either donít have the money or are not involved in receiving any of this money.

What a ( blank) mess.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2021, 02:00:13 PM »
Cleeves a business man first...with a some what shady past.
£100K per month would, I guess, be on the generous side.... :dontknow:
A little profit being added on if this in fact what is laid on the table

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2021, 02:53:35 PM »
Maybe the NL committee see that the 11m loan is only enough to see the main league limp through till the end of the season.  5 months running costs is a lot to find.  SC has said it costs in excess of 100k per month to run Lynn.  So thatís half million we need.

Can see arguments to follow when it comes to these loans being repaid by clubs who either donít have the money or are not involved in receiving any of this money.

What a ( blank) mess.

100k a month????? 25k a week????  Madness.  i'd like to see the working out for that amount.
 Its a good job Mr Cleeve is not paying the market rate for leasing the ground from the Council as well. 
Its alright gambling, but sometimes someone has to lose.
Just end the season now and put everyone out of their misery.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2021, 03:33:15 PM »
Well said Marcus. Let's stop now and sleep at night.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2021, 08:47:27 PM »
Just listened to SCís latest podcast.  His feeling is that we will play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday. Then that will be it unless someone comes up with some money to get the League through to the end of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal