Author Topic: Season under threat  (Read 7281 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Season under threat
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 08:35:13 AM »
Of course SC will do what he can to protect his business, and rightly so.

However taking a lead from the organisation who didn’t have the foresight to put in a proper financial structure in place before allowing the season to kick off should be a worry.

Seems  the NL has sold its  Clubs a right pup.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »

Seems  the NL has sold its  Clubs a right pup.

Very easy to do when you are selling what the buyer wants (to hear).
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 09:29:44 AM »
I blame those pesky Russians. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 11:48:22 AM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
44m
I understand that the DCMS has indicated to the National League that their £11m of funding will be in loans.

Grants will only be available in exceptional circumstances.

The National League is encouraging clubs to contact their local MP to ask them to lobby DCMS.

Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
31m
Replying to
@Ollie_Bayliss
Many clubs are extremely concerned about the funding situation & reluctant to take on loans.

Some would prefer to furlough players & staff rather than continue playing the season.

The League will meet with clubs on Wednesday to discuss the situation.

I cant see what the Clubs problem is with loans. There always seem to be some mentioned in the Annual Accounts. :countingmoney:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 11:49:55 AM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
44m
I understand that the DCMS has indicated to the National League that their £11m of funding will be in loans.

Grants will only be available in exceptional circumstances.

The National League is encouraging clubs to contact their local MP to ask them to lobby DCMS.

Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
31m
Replying to
@Ollie_Bayliss
Many clubs are extremely concerned about the funding situation & reluctant to take on loans.

Some would prefer to furlough players & staff rather than continue playing the season.

The League will meet with clubs on Wednesday to discuss the situation.

I cant see what the Clubs problem is with loans. There always seem to be some mentioned in the Annual Accounts. :countingmoney:

He's got a point!

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2021, 11:50:31 AM »
One key reason why I believe clubs are signing players right now (especially down at the bottom), is the desperation to get points on the board quick. Said it at start of season in relation to King's Lynn needing to start season quick, PPG could be used to decide the final table because it's an elite level league, and for promotion/relegation to happen, it can't be null & void.

So if say 7 more games gets played, then clubs across all three leagues say enough is enough, PPG will be used because same squabbles as last season will happen.

From a quick look at unweighted PPG (https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/league-table/ppm), King's Lynn right now just about stay up in 20th. Have to start winning more games quickly.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2021, 11:53:59 AM »
One key reason why I believe clubs are signing players right now (especially down at the bottom), is the desperation to get points on the board quick. Said it at start of season in relation to King's Lynn needing to start season quick, PPG could be used to decide the final table because it's an elite level league, and for promotion/relegation to happen, it can't be null & void.

So if say 7 more games gets played, then clubs across all three leagues say enough is enough, PPG will be used because same squabbles as last season will happen.

From a quick look at unweighted PPG (https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/league-table/ppm), King's Lynn right now just about stay up in 20th. Have to start winning more games quickly.

I thought it was bottom 4 that get relegated.   :dontknow:

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 11:55:52 AM »
Bottom three go down because of the demise of Macclesfield

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »
Bottom three go down because of the demise of Macclesfield

:clap:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2021, 12:23:32 PM »
One key reason why I believe clubs are signing players right now (especially down at the bottom), is the desperation to get points on the board quick.

Panic buying and stockpiling is frowned upon during a Pandemic.   :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2021, 12:35:26 PM »
I think the concerns about PPG are way premature. As I recall a resolution was passed last year  by the NL to enable PPG to be used last season and in future seasons IF 75% of the matches have been played. Less than that it's null and void......I think it's pretty clearly laid out and everyone knows the score.....at least that's my understanding. I think the rush for signings at the moment is emanating from teams nit wanting to be cast adrift at the bottom and the need to get deals done in the January window eg one of Weymouth's signings is from Villa.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2021, 03:09:25 PM »
Bad news.  Have to say that any club signing new players is gambling, not planning.  I do think the season should be cancelled, then starting from scratch when it is genuinely safe to do so.  On signings, I believe we have too many players at the moment, including another left-back.  I’m still disappointed we let Nathan Fox go !  Very difficult decisions for all charged to make them, but, considering finance and safety together, I do think we should call a halt for a year.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2021, 10:34:42 PM »
DCMS statement - click to enlarge

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
3h
Significant National League meetings will take place this afternoon:

Mark Ives, the interim General Manager of the National League, will meet with clubs from each division.

They’ll gauge opinions on whether clubs are willing to take on loans in order to continue the season.

If no money is forthcoming will there be any fixtures played this Saturday or will a halt before called ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2021, 02:23:26 PM »
Would have thought there would be an announcement of a formal vote for next week....gives time for pressure to be applied on the relevant department by lobbyists, MPs media etc

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal