Author Topic: Season under threat  (Read 8221 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Season under threat
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2021, 06:37:25 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
31m
Labour leader, Kier Starmer, will meet with representatives of some National League clubs & supporters groups.

The meeting will take place at 10am tomorrow via Zoom.

The meeting will discuss ‘how the Government can make the best decisions to support the National League.’

Will Captain Hindsight be able to help?    Surely is Tory MP’s they need to get onside.  Not the leader of the opposition who got their asses kicked 15 months  ago.?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • One pill makes you larger one pill makes you small
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2021, 06:39:46 PM »
Funds not to be used for Transfers or Players wages.

How will it be policed?   :bankrupt:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2021, 07:02:32 PM »
Well Mr Cleeve said on his podcast if it was £50k a month they'd find the difference but if it was as low as £20K they would not be able to cope... :dontknow:
Guessing someone may not be very happy at the figures suggested..
 :countingmoney:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2021, 07:24:28 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
31m
Labour leader, Kier Starmer, will meet with representatives of some National League clubs & supporters groups.

The meeting will take place at 10am tomorrow via Zoom.

The meeting will discuss ‘how the Government can make the best decisions to support the National League.’

Will Captain Hindsight be able to help?    Surely is Tory MP’s they need to get onside.  Not the leader of the opposition who got their asses kicked 15 months  ago.?

Well as there truly isn't anyone amongst the current government with any real competance or connection to the life of the common man, maybe chatting to Starmer (who does tick both of those earlier mentioned areas) will be a very useful step....it might propel the debate to a high ministerial level very quickly.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2021, 08:18:41 PM »
Will have to be PDQ KES.  I thought they were voting this week/ next week on whether to carry the season on

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2021, 08:34:33 PM »
Yes Mall.... don't know about you, but I've had a neck full of posturing and indecision....for goodness sake, someone at the NL have the balls to make a decision and stick with it....either commit to playing on, or shut the season down for good....how long can it take to announce a vote, count the votes and rubber stamp the decision.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2021, 09:21:08 PM »
The NL board have known about the issue of lack of funding since Dec.   What a total shower they are.  Here we are coming to Feb and they are scrambling around looking for hand outs.  The l lot should resign. En masse.  Not fit to hold office.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2021, 10:26:43 AM »
Funds not to be used for Transfers or Players wages.

Hmm why apply that rule now?    :laughcry:

Because they saw what happened at step 1 and 2 when they didn’t have that rule?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2021, 11:28:46 AM »
The NL board have known about the issue of lack of funding since Dec.   What a total shower they are.  Here we are coming to Feb and they are scrambling around looking for hand outs.  The l lot should resign. En masse.  Not fit to hold office.

It's all down to the kind of person these roles attract. Individuals with their own agenda's who only show a unified approach when under attack.

What gets me is the old chestnut about Clubs being at the Heart of the Community. I'm not saying that none of them are, but as we know its an easy title to claim but very often has no truth behind it.
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2021, 04:29:24 PM »
Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1354823446778105857/photo/1

"Clubs to open their books"!

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

I can't quite work out if this is a genuine attempt to help, or to shut the Clubs up!

It appears that if it's no transparency, it's no funding.

Firmly back in the hands of the Club owners on which way to go.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2021, 04:38:53 PM »
Books shouldn’t be an issue for any of the clubs as with little income then they should be up to date.   Didn’t SC say a while back he had someone onboard from one the big 5 accountancy firms in the area ? 

So we should be on the button with that request.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2021, 04:42:52 PM »
Yes agreed....we shall no doubt find out soon who and who doesn't have something to hide..... :countingmoney: :farmer:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2021, 05:30:47 PM »
just read the letter can't see that helping anybody.  Did find interesting the north and south divisionts told to continue 6th Feb. How is the supposed to happen without funding.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2021, 05:46:36 PM »
What a complete bore...enough........I genuinely don't want to hear any more from this incompetent lot..........I need a two week suspension myself from tv radio, the internet news and this forum, just to preserve my sanity

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal