Author Topic: THATS POOR  (Read 2646 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
THATS POOR
« on: January 23, 2021, 05:55:06 PM »
 :farmer:  :oldman" I have been a fervent supporter of Mr Culverhouse in his time at KING’S LYNN, but I must say today I lost a little bit of faith with KLTFC, two goals too the good at a struggling team who have been struggling to score goals at home and what do we do, we manage to extract defeat from the jaws of victory. We really should have returned from EAST LONDON with 3 points, Even after Archie Mair saved a 90th minute penalty we still did not manage to shut up shop and conceded again to deny us even a point. These struggling teams need to be beaten, they are the real opposition for KLTFC in this league, but heyho we lost , I lost a little bit of faith, but not all. I am sure all the old cliches will be used but the true facts are we were not clever enough to shut up shop.
                                   :farmer: :oldman" RANT OVER  :oldman"  :farmer:
                                                            KEEP THE FAITH .

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Re: THATS POOR
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 06:07:07 PM »
It's a funny o'l game Saint, as someone once said.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • One pill makes you larger one pill makes you small
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 07:00:12 PM »
I am sure all the old cliches will be used

We go again Tuesday!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 07:47:56 PM »
Looking for a reaction

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 11:03:26 PM »
It was a game of two halfs (unfortunately).
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 12:27:23 AM »
A problem I thought we had started to overcome.  Not often a team can defend by defending !  OK, it wasn’t just us deciding to shut up shop, they were slick and quick, so managed to pin us back.  But we lost our most effective attacking players on the day (Kiwomya and King), partly through bad luck, and partly by being too careful, too defensive in our 2nd half selection.  We CAN get well up this league if we keep them back more....Ye Godz, ...Good night - look at that flaming time !!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 10:36:29 AM »
On this occasion Dilly, I have to fully agree with you.

I also don't quite get why Lynn's best players can only manage 60 mins in many matches this season
The top 11 players in the squad can now compete reasonably well in this league, which is a significant achievement..... the second string are not quite there......we need the likes of King, a fast winger (Kiwomya or Gvasi), Marriott etc on that field for 80 minutes.
Are they not fit  ? (Marriott did get a knock last game and King coming back into the team).

Lynn were riding their luck at the back before the subs, but after the subs they were able to come at Lynn even more it seemed to me.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 11:59:34 AM »
 :farmer: :oldman" with players only seeming able to play for 60 minutes or so , does this mean they are unfit! In my opinion all players in the squad should be able to play the whole 90+ minutes when required, the only exception should be when returning from injury. Surely the aim of the player’s sitting on the bench is to force there way into the starting team, if they are deemed not being required to start by the management, we’ll come off the bench and prove them wrong, but all should be fit to play 90+minutes. :farmer: :oldman"

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 12:10:20 AM »
Yes, KES, they were able to pin us after the substitutions, but surely it was because we’d lost our “get outs” ( King and Kiwomya).  We did ride Lady Luck (if you’ll pardon the analogy !) before that, but I believe we went defensive (in the personnel), and that sealed our fate.  I may have recalled this wrong, but taking off King for the new defender whose name I haven’t even remembered yet, seemed incomprehensible to me.  We are doing better, in selection and play, but we’re unfortunately back in trouble. 

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 09:26:05 AM »
Which one of you lot is Auntie Doris  :dontknow:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Attack is the Best Form of Defence. (It works for the Military which is also a Team.)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 11:05:17 AM »
Which one of you lot is Auntie Doris  :dontknow:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Not me.....................I'm Sparticus!

:laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 11:37:32 AM »
I thought I was.(Spartacus...not Auntie D)......damn ! :laughcry:

Yes Dilly...Gvasi for Kiwomya and Carey for King would have maintained the status quo.

Bound to be in trouble given home to Wealdstone and Yeovil and away to Weymouth and Dagenham has only yielded just one point.....and they have put themselves under unnecessary pressure.......if the next 5/6 games go ahead, given the toughness of the fixtures, Lynn will have to really up their game, to not be rooted in the bottom 3, by mid February.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 11:53:51 AM »
Feb could be very interesting....lynn scheduled to play Barnet, Weymouth and Dover...a bunch of so called 6 pointers there.
That's if they go ahead....the chairman reckoned on his podcast that after Wrexham he foresees that being it.......but then he did say just him and the covid officer were the only two travelling to dagenham......so he has been.known to be wrong....oh and btw...
NO....I'M SPARTACUS

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 03:05:15 PM »
Doris ?   Who the ( bleep) is Doris ?   

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 05:22:09 PM »
Feb could be very interesting....lynn scheduled to play Barnet, Weymouth and Dover...a bunch of so called 6 pointers there.
That's if they go ahead....the chairman reckoned on his podcast that after Wrexham he foresees that being it.......but then he did say just him and the covid officer were the only two travelling to dagenham......so he has been.known to be wrong....oh and btw...
NO....I'M SPARTACUS

:farmer: :oldman" After the results midweek in the National league, we really must start picking up points, not just 1 we really do require some big performances and 3 point hauls, Barnet do look to be really struggling at this moment but all the other teams below are picking up points, the teams just above are still catchable but some bad results and I do fear we may be cut adrift with Barnet. I believe we are good enough to stay in this league, but I am however starting to question whether we are wise enough to stay in this league. Losing to Weymouth and Dagenham were very big losses which a wiser team would have won.  :oldman" :farmer:
                       JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION, I AM SURE OTHERS DIAGREE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal