Author Topic: Season under threat  (Read 6887 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Season under threat
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2021, 06:35:11 PM »
Donít think like that KES.  Itís a long way back in this thread, but I canít agree with Paul47 about this being a moanerís forum.  I regard Mallard and KES as personal friends now, apart from their failure to pay up for my football tactics advice.  I meant to answer Mallís request for assistance on selection for the Stockport game, but then the club chickened out of playing them !  Overall thought for this hugely difficult season is the massive disappointment caused by the virus from hell, that we would have had a dozen matches at The Walks with crowds and atmospheres to easily match the York game, and we have missed out so tragically - especially Steven Cleeve....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2021, 06:49:52 PM »
Just to clarify.... nothing wrong with the Forum or the people on it....... it's the people running the country and the NL I need a break from

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2021, 07:21:29 PM »
Actually this letter is just a confirmation that was on the table last week.You either take help by way of a loan or apply for a Grant. What an obsolete shambles for the sake of football and the
 supporters pull the plug on this season.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2021, 07:26:56 PM »
Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1354823446778105857/photo/1

"Clubs to open their books"!

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

I can't quite work out if this is a genuine attempt to help, or to shut the Clubs up!

It appears that if it's no transparency, it's no funding.

Firmly back in the hands of the Club owners on which way to go.

I wonder who's checking the books?  This is a disaster in the making. 
So hypothetically speaking. If a Club has a history of being run in an unsustainable way. Resorting to Directors loans etc to survive. How can anyone sanction Government money being given as a grant to such Clubs.  Surely the Clubs being run in a sensible sustainable way should receive any such grant.
Please discuss.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2021, 08:05:18 PM »
National League clubs across all three divisions will be offered the chance to decide what happens to the rest of the 2020-21 season on Monday.

Clubs have been told to expect a resolution, although they have not been told the specifics of what they will be voting on, or how long they will have to respond.

The latest communication comes after a board meeting and also following a letter sent to all clubs by Sports Minister Nigel Huddleston, inviting them to one of two meetings, on Friday or Tuesday, to ask questions about the current funding situation.

Clubs have been told the £11m due to cover the cost of matches from January to March will be in the form of loans, which has already been deemed unacceptable by a majority of clubs in National League North and South.

There has been no indication of how costs would be covered after this period and the season is not due to end until May.

The Department for Culture, Media and Sport has said grants can be applied for in extreme circumstances and that no club "will be allowed to go to the wall".

The National League is continuing but the North and South divisions have had their games paused for a fortnight amid the continuing uncertainty over funding
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2021, 08:05:42 PM »
Nothing to discuss if clubs can't obtain help through grants they won't complete the season.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2021, 08:10:01 PM »

The National League is continuing but the North and South divisions have had their games paused for a fortnight amid the continuing uncertainty over funding

Any uncertainty over funding has been caused by the NL and the Clubs themselves.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2021, 08:24:06 AM »
Wont need to finish the season....once they get to a position that ppg can be used....that rule will be used and season will finish....if the current health situation remains....it will then allow seasons to.finish early.....and give the board a few months of crossing fingers...kneeling and praying....holding on to good luck charms...and hope the new season can start on time.... :dontknow:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »
Need to look on Gateshead news see what a mockery the situation is.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2021, 12:48:56 PM »
From what I can understand of the rules, if the season ends in the near future the club will not be able to furlough Denton, Kiwomya, Callan-McFadden, Gyasi and the new secretary as they were not employed before 30th October.
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2021, 02:18:31 PM »
Think that will affect alot of clubs and players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal