Author Topic: Wrexham at home  (Read 1655 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Wrexham at home
« on: January 30, 2021, 08:36:17 AM »
In case anyone has forgotten we have the little matter of 3 points at stake this afternoon.

Can we nick something here ?    I’m going for a narrow defeat 2-1. 

poshlinnet

• View Profile
Re: Wrexham at home
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 10:21:27 AM »
Total domination of the pitch, 3-0 win, Gash with a superb performance, Marriot hat-trick, midfield stitched up and a back line that holds tighter than a (insert your own inappropriate innuendo here). COYL  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:05:39 PM »
Lot of water in the Park with parts of it under water.

Hopefully the pumps are doing their job and can cope with it all.

Any reports on the state of the pitch?
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 01:39:43 PM »
Too “down” to pick a team.  This could be the last game this season.  What a tragic season for KLT, as many of the teams have had years of this level of opposition, or higher.  For us, however, it’s the first opportunity ever.  The likes of Wrexham, and all the other “big” clubs in this league would have given
us massive gates, big money, and a quickly growing snowball.  Such a pity for all who are interested...Just hope Steven Cleeve hangs on for better days.....

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 02:30:49 PM »
Wrexham AFC

@Wrexham_AFC

Following the request of the King’s Lynn hierarchy we’ve been told not to commentate on today’s game.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

:dontknow:
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 02:31:41 PM »
Wrexham AFC

@Wrexham_AFC

Following the request of the King’s Lynn hierarchy we’ve been told not to commentate on today’s game.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

:dontknow:

:countingmoney: :countingmoney:

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 05:06:44 PM »
Looking at Cleeves twitter feed I get the feeling hes not well liked you know.... :laughcry:
But...they may have a point.... :dontknow:....he dont help himself sometimes....kinda made a bit of a fool of himself engaging in spaffs with wrexhamfc supporters.....but I guess its water off a ducks back to him.... :farmer:

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 05:19:50 PM »
So, no evidence of a settled side, normally a managerial priority at this level, where "horses for courses" does not work. Starting players without the credential, experience and therefore ability for this level, and players with the required leaving the club. Added to the situation we all face with the Covid and National League uncertainty, this is a difficult time for the club.
Certainly, this is the MAX for the club in these times and avoiding relegation will fail if selecting and playing like this continues. Just not quite big enough to cope with all in front, and the full time clubs are showing us why.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 10:51:16 AM »
Didn't understand why Clunen played yesterday, he is low on form and confidence, Whats wrong with Sam Kelly?   

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 11:25:19 AM »
Don't know if you watch.the streaming but i think our commentators are a good pairing and don't hold back on their opinions on team selection. They didn't think right team was put out in the first half.must admit have to agree.

poshlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 12:48:38 PM »
Didn't understand why Clunen played yesterday, he is low on form and confidence, Whats wrong with Sam Kelly?

Likewise, I think the team looks very unbalanced every time he starts. There seems to be no working understanding between the midfield players when he’s on the pitch, couple that with poor corners and poor free kicks my feeling, as sad as it is, is that National League is a step too far for him. I understand the management teams ethos of keeping the squad together through a promotion, but we’ve managed back to back promotions and it’s showing in a couple of players. This isn’t me being negative, just realistic.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 01:26:09 PM »
From team selections it is evident that IC is trying to stop teams he understandably expects to be too good.  I probably bore the pants off many, and it’s darn cold at the moment, and if so, apologies.  You can see from nearly every team sheet that the personnel are unlikely to get across the half-way line, into the opponent’s half, with the ball still at their feet.  So we are constantly under pressure in our own half.  It’s not a football-knowledge thing, it’s a “naked eye”thing.  Stodgy “experienced” sorts are going to be out-run, and tricked to bits.  I thought we’d changed, but we’ve gone back to the original safety-first format.  And with a keeper who doesn’t think commanding his box is as important as great saves !  IC is good, but he’s become too careful, IMHO.  I’m packing this in soon, because I’m getting on my own nerves !

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 01:50:58 PM »
I do wonder if Cleeve/Culverhouse have took a gamble and know that there's going to be no relegation this season, so are using it as a free swing to basically overhaul the whole squad, ready for next season. Personally can't see McAuley/Jarvis there next season, and expect one or two more from the North winning side to go too. So from say Street - Jones, McAuley, Fryatt, Fox - Richards, Jarvis, Clunan, Henderson - Marriott, Gash, there'll be like 2 maybe 3 left, which is a huge turnover and the core of the team the fans got to love and connect with, disappear.

Really do think the team that come up last season with 3 additions would have done no worse than now. 14 points in last 15 games is poor stuff considering the wage bill is probably higher.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal