Author Topic: IC's view  (Read 610 times)

KES80

• View Profile

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: IC's view
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 02:08:35 PM »
https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/culverhouse-on-ending-season-7210518
Of course its a farce and of course it should end.

I (the same as the NL) still can't find anywhere where it said that the 2nd payment would be in grants, so they really should stop banging that particular drum.

As has been said before, if they want to carry on, there's enough money sloshing around in football anyway.

Going forward, funding is a football problem and needs to be sorted by football.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 02:28:08 PM »
Can see the North and South calling it a day.  However in the NL there are some very powerful clubs who are desperate to get back into the EFL.  I have feeling those big clubs will win the day and the League continuing.

The big question is where will Kings Lynn and the smaller clubs find the cash to continue ?  Or will they be allowed to suspend their season and come back again in Aug ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 02:31:29 PM »

The big question is where will Kings Lynn and the smaller clubs find the cash to continue ?  Or will they be allowed to suspend their season and come back again in Aug ?

Actions should suit circumstances and/or resources.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 02:38:22 PM »
well said IC thinking of players and their families. Pity Premier league and Sky TV didn't  think the same  and stop the spread of this virus. People's lives are more important than money.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 04:32:58 PM »
Premier League is a huge money maker for the country and supports 1000s of jobs so that was never stopping, even more so if it did clubs would have to pay back around 2bn in TV money.

IC and King's Lynn only want the season ending because there'll likely be no relegation, and as a result be nothing to play for. Nothing to do with players safety etc. Majority of league will still have plans to push for promotion, so I can see the league continuing. North/South will stop as majority are not chasing promotion at all costs, so will be happy to stop.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 04:39:17 PM »
It is a farce....I agree....I thought last season to end a season with ppg was a farce....but funnily enough....Cleeve wanted that. I wonder if they would be of the same opinion now if they were currently sitting top of the league though.
 :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 04:58:17 PM »
Interesting thing is how the football league will react if National League stops and therefore no promotion/relegation in/out of the football league? National League committee been pushing for 3 up 3 down for a while now, if league stops I'm not sure that'll help them get to that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal