Author Topic: Game off.  (Read 2619 times)

Tupist

• View Profile
Re: Game off.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 07:05:01 PM »
That's about right, no doubt there were 50 million (wild guess)people more deserving but when the expiry time is about up it's a case of arm or bin. The irony is imagine the headlines if the vacine had been refused and binned.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2021, 07:06:38 PM »
Aforesaid article:
Chesterfield are not the bad guys

Chesterfield got lucky. When a local medical centre had vaccines left after no-shows, the football club was contacted and some players and staff benefited.

The Pfizer vaccine has to be kept at a specific temperature with a very limited shelf life. Of course, rather than see them go to waste, there will be those who gain from random availability.

If the club pulled strings to jump the queue, that is different. If vulnerable sections of society were deprived as a result, that is wrong. But if as Chesterfield say they were told by the surgery that all other options had been exhausted and that the vaccine would have been wasted if they had not had the jabs, what is the problem? The National League is in crisis.

Some clubs are pressing for it to be called off. They do not have the money for regular testing programmes, yet players travel nationwide on cramped coaches to complete the fixture list. Chesterfield to Torquay is a 512-mile round trip, Weymouth 510 miles, Dover 466.

And while these are young, fit men, they still return to families and communities. They are not in bubbles like the Premier League stars, they are not working from the living room. So stop the spread.

The vaccine call-up has inconsistencies. There will be people who live their lives at home, yet qualify for priority care. There will be people who must travel to work and come into contact with others every day who will be last on the list.

That is the way the system works. There had to be an order and it was never going to be perfect.

Yet what we can surely all agree on is the more who are vaccinated, the better.

And better the staff and players of Chesterfield, than vaccines go in the bin.

Queue-jumping is selfish. Yet if all Chesterfield benefited from was a friendly face in the medical centre and being in the right place at the right time, then lucky them and shame on those who choose not to turn up.

Tupist

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 07:17:26 PM »
Thanks for that

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2021, 08:09:46 PM »
So why did the person call CFC? What's the connection there?

Right place right time. You have to admit that sounds very convieient and hardly surprising that people questioned it.  Was the person at the Centre given the heads up by a CFC official that the squad and staff were available?

And are you saying that the person at the call centre is now going to be financially rewarded via a just giving page?   :dontknow:
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Tupist

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2021, 09:06:13 PM »
So why did the person call CFC? What's the connection there?

Right place right time. You have to admit that sounds very convieient and hardly surprising that people questioned it.  Was the person at the Centre given the heads up by a CFC official that the squad and staff were available?

And are you saying that the person at the call centre is now going to be financially rewarded via a just giving page?   :dontknow:

https://stubleymedical.co.uk/press-release/

That should answer your questions.

The just giving page was set up by members of the Chesterfield message board to say thanks to the Manager of the centre (not a call centre) and to say sorry for the ill considered journalism.) that caused her to receive abusive calls (from who??, we can speculate) Initial thoughts were to buy flowers etc but now due to the size of generosity of CFC supportes it's to be donated on behalf of the lady in question and the practice to Ashgate hospice. A large charitable concern struggling financially in these times. Unfortunately these good positive stories will not be attractive to the type of press that have caused this unnecessary situation.

Currently just under 3 grand as been raised in 8 hours

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2021, 09:21:50 PM »
These ‘end of the day’ doses left over after no-shows are being administered in quite a haphazard way, but I guess it’s a guess of putting it in any arm is better than it going in a bin.

I’m aware of two colleagues that have attended doctors appointments in the early evening for other reasons, and been offered the vaccine as they were there. It seems lingering around somewhere with spare syringes could be good for your health (not a sentence that would’ve made sense last year.)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »
A fund raising page may have had good intentions, but obviously was not thought all the way through. It put the person who is supposed to have contacted CFC or its players for vaccination in a difficult situation.

So many contradictory stories on the CFC players  being given the jab. Also it looks like this is not the first time CFC players and staff have been offered and received the jab. I read that the CFC players and staff who were given the jabs were contacted directly. If that's the case, how would the Centre have their names?

I also read that these Centres have protocol's to follow for unused jabs which involves making efforts to contact the no shows, and then contact people on lists of who they should call first. It stated that CFC would be at the bottom of the list. Fit 20 year olds are very rarely vulnerable.

Apparently none of CFC's furloughed players or staff were contacted. How would the Centre be able to make the distinction between CFC players/staff that were furloughed and those that were not?

Who would have made the decision to only get the active players vaccinated? CFC? If so, are they qualified to make that decision? Maybe a furloughed players was more vulnerable than an active player? Was that even considered?

Jury is still very much out on this one!

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on no more CFC players or its staff being contacted by the Centre in the future. If that is the case, that in itself speaks volumes.

Of course, that's if it is what happened previously, and nobody with a certain degree of knowledge of  how managing supply chains work, exploited the system.   :dontknow:

Tupist

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2021, 09:25:05 AM »
A fund raising page may have had good intentions, but obviously was not thought all the way through. It put the person who is supposed to have contacted CFC or its players for vaccination in a difficult situation.

So many contradictory stories on the CFC players  being given the jab. Also it looks like this is not the first time CFC players and staff have been offered and received the jab. I read that the CFC players and staff who were given the jabs were contacted directly. If that's the case, how would the Centre have their names?

I also read that these Centres have protocol's to follow for unused jabs which involves making efforts to contact the no shows, and then contact people on lists of who they should call first. It stated that CFC would be at the bottom of the list. Fit 20 year olds are very rarely vulnerable.

Apparently none of CFC's furloughed players or staff were contacted. How would the Centre be able to make the distinction between CFC players/staff that were furloughed and those that were not?

Who would have made the decision to only get the active players vaccinated? CFC? If so, are they qualified to make that decision? Maybe a furloughed players was more vulnerable than an active player? Was that even considered?

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on no more CFC players or its staff being contacted by the Centre in the future. If that is the case, that in itself speaks volumes.

Of course, that's if it is what happened previously, and nobody with a certain degree of knowledge of  how managing supply chains work, exploited the system.   :dontknow:

Bludy 'L, I only came on here looking for opinions on Alex Kiwomya, a player I rated highly when fit.
When I saw the third post on this thread I had to correct the wrongs this post contained.

Any way, your first paragraph I dont think any right minded person would think this lady had been compromised and she would take any action to do so. It's quite clear from the comments made with the donations made that they have been made, in thanks of work down  by the staff and to stick 2 fingers up to our ex odious director and despicable journalism.

You waffle on about what you have read, well name sources to give credence to what you try to imply. The Mirror, Mail and our local rag  are the only ones to cover it so far (the Telegraph are covering it today apparently) If you are taking things of other social media platforms (I dont). Well enough said.

You ask questions of which CFC,  staff have had the jabs what's it matter someone as benefited rather than waste the vacine and further down the line these will not need doing.

You mention protocols, well isn't that well covered in the press release in my previous post ( made accessible by Admin thanks) However if you want song and verse on protocols I've heard them all from my daughter she's helping out albeit in Poole. One of the main problems is finding replacements for  no shows in the last couple of hours which rules out alot of candidates at the moment ie initial electronic form filling, transport etc.

I don't get your point re supply chain, but no doubt it's a logistical!!  nightmare for some.

Not sure who the jury are, you can have the casting vote.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2021, 10:33:33 AM »

Bludy 'L, I only came on here looking for opinions on Alex Kiwomya, a player I rated highly when fit.
When I saw the third post on this thread I had to correct the wrongs this post contained.

Any way, your first paragraph I dont think any right minded person would think this lady had been compromised and she would take any action to do so. It's quite clear from the comments made with the donations made that they have been made, in thanks of work down  by the staff and to stick 2 fingers up to our ex odious director and despicable journalism.

You waffle on about what you have read, well name sources to give credence to what you try to imply. The Mirror, Mail and our local rag  are the only ones to cover it so far (the Telegraph are covering it today apparently) If you are taking things of other social media platforms (I dont). Well enough said.

You ask questions of which CFC,  staff have had the jabs what's it matter someone as benefited rather than waste the vacine and further down the line these will not need doing.

You mention protocols, well isn't that well covered in the press release in my previous post ( made accessible by Admin thanks) However if you want song and verse on protocols I've heard them all from my daughter she's helping out albeit in Poole. One of the main problems is finding replacements for  no shows in the last couple of hours which rules out alot of candidates at the moment ie initial electronic form filling, transport etc.

I don't get your point re supply chain, but no doubt it's a logistical!!  nightmare for some.

I did say the fund raising page was probably well intended. To offer someone involved a financial reward, even retrospectively, is just plain crazy in circumstances such as this. Any right minded person should see that.

Obviously CFC can do no wrong and should never be questioned. No answer to the important questions such as how the Centre have the CFC contacts names, and why certain CFC personell were vaccinated before other,  other than "what's it matter"? The answer to that one is "open and honest".

I'm not implying anything. I was just asking questions. When you start going down this route and make accusations of people implying things, it appears very defensive.

Well done to your daughter for helping out in Poole and informing you chapter and verse on the Protocols. That must be very useful.

Theres two sides to the Media reporting but sounds as if people should only take notice of one. CCG was one source quoted in one of the articles.

When I say the jury is out, what I'm saying is that there's certainly enough questions raised to warrant the investigation that is apparently going to be made.

Given the all clear from that then,  it's not a problem.

Tupist

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 11:59:43 AM »

I did say the fund raising page was probably well intended. To offer someone involved a financial reward, even retrospectively, is just plain crazy in circumstances such as this. Any right minded person should see that.

Obviously CFC can do no wrong and should never be questioned. No answer to the important questions such as how the Centre have the CFC contacts names, and why certain CFC personell were vaccinated before other,  other than "what's it matter"? The answer to that one is "open and honest".

I'm not implying anything. I was just asking questions. When you start going down this route and make accusations of people implying things, it appears very defensive.

Well done to your daughter for helping out in Poole and informing you chapter and verse on the Protocols. That must be very useful.

Theres two sides to the Media reporting but sounds as if people should only take notice of one. CCG was one source quoted in one of the articles.

When I say the jury is out, what I'm saying is that there's certainly enough questions raised to warrant the investigation that is apparently going to be made.

"Probably well intended" blimey, now that is ill considered. There will be folk running round Chesterfield (socially distanced )slapping their heads Monty Python style screaming  'what crazy thing have we done raising 4 grand  (and rising) in under 24 hours and donating it in someone's good name to the local hospice",  yes totally crazy.

For answers to the 'important questions' I again refer you to the press release from Stubley Medical centre.

Change of tac. If this season gets cancelled and we get chance to visit next season are there any Real Ale outlets within hobbling distance of your ground. Please accept this as a genuine question and not implying some psychological cop out from the above

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2021, 12:36:07 PM »

"Probably well intended" blimey, now that is ill considered. There will be folk running round Chesterfield (socially distanced )slapping their heads Monty Python style screaming  'what crazy thing have we done raising 4 grand  (and rising) in under 24 hours and donating it in someone's good name to the local hospice",  yes totally crazy.

For answers to the 'important questions' I again refer you to the press release from Stubley Medical centre.

Change of tac. If this season gets cancelled and we get chance to visit next season are there any Real Ale outlets within hobbling distance of your ground. Please accept this as a genuine question and not implying some psychological cop out from the above

So even when people are agreement there are still issues. Monty Python indeed. Very dead parrot.

I really can't see that the Centre's statement can be considered as being anymore relevant than the Media that have previously been condemned. After all, the Centre was one of the two parties involved with the vaccinations so their opinion is obviousy coming from one particular viewpoint. I'm not saying they are wrong, that's for the investigation to decide. Two seperate incidences though? As said before you really can't blame people being suspicious.

Although there is obviously a reluctance to answer the questions raised, I'll answer yours.

I've had to do some research on this as I never touch the stuff but the particular type of Beverage you mention is apparently well catered for all over town. The town itself is little more than a 5-10 minute hobbling/stumbling from the football ground.

Or, you can visit our Club bar where apparently you can get a fresh can of Carling, purchased directly from Morrissons prior to the game.

:scarf:

Tupist

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »

So even when people are agreement there are still issues. Monty Python indeed. Very dead parrot.

I really can't see that the Centre's statement can be considered as being anymore relevant than the Media that have previously been condemned. After all, the Centre was one of the two parties involved with the vaccinations so their opinion is obviousy coming from one particular viewpoint. I'm not saying they are wrong, that's for the investigation to decide. Two seperate incidences though? As said before you really can't blame people being suspicious.

Although there is obviously a reluctance to answer the questions raised, I'll answer yours.

I've had to do some research on this as I never touch the stuff but the particular type of Beverage you mention is apparently well catered for all over town. The town itself is little more than a 5-10 minute hobbling/stumbling from the football ground.

Or, you can visit our Club bar where apparently you can get a fresh can of Carling, purchased directly from Morrissons prior to the game.

:scarf:

Thanks for the info, nd I did actually have down as scotch man!!!!

Oh and its 'pining'.
Cheers

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2021, 01:27:33 PM »
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Surely the correct thing for the healthy fit footballers who were offered the vaccine to do, would be to question whether there were perhaps more deserving people who could be offered this vaccine ahead of themselves  who in truth shouldn’t be anywhere near a vaccine until maybe September.

I guess now they have received their first dose they will be taking someone else place in 12 weeks when it comes to the booster.

Shame  and head hanging springs to mind.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2021, 01:55:00 PM »
Tupist as I said in my post that initiated your involvement here, more is expected of a full time club and no excuses, since then all you have done is try to excuse a growing number of poor detail from Chesterfield.

Tupist

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 02:00:19 PM »
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Surely the correct thing for the healthy fit footballers who were offered the vaccine to do, would be to question whether there were perhaps more deserving people who could be offered this vaccine ahead of themselves  who in truth shouldn’t be anywhere near a vaccine until maybe September.

I guess now they have received their first dose they will be taking someone else place in 12 weeks when it comes to the booster.

Shame  and head hanging springs to mind.

Give over.

Scenario.
Medical centre 2 hours before closing.

Admin person , ,"oh Tom, Dick, Harry, and Donald ain't turned up, what do we do with the vacine?"
Manager. "I'll go down the list."
Potential client. " Ay up duck (Derbyshire speak to wife ) I've just had e text to go for a jab, I've got to  fill this form out on mi phone"
 Wife "Where is it and How are you getting there.
Patient.  " Dronfield, must be 5 mile, I'll ring for a taxi , oh **** I've just deleted my form"

Times ticking, the vacine will be wasted maybe one call  could solve the problem. Could it be known as initiative.??

All speculative of course.

The main point which our friend Blue and yellow seems to side step, is the spiteful actions (being kind) of an ex director and also crass journalism by the mirror.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal