Author Topic: Forward Planning  (Read 1744 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Forward Planning
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 04:54:43 PM »
I canít help wondering if finding 200k ( with cuts) might be a cheaper option to retain our NL place rather than being stuffed with a 2 tier deduction and taking years  ( and 100ís of K) to fight our way back from step 3?

I guess we will know the outcome once Dover are dished out their punishment.  The Dover Chairman was saying in todayís NLP if they get thrown out of the NL system so be it.  At least they will have a club come August.

I wonder if SC is feeling the same way about it.

I'm with the Dover Chairman on this one.

The 200k figure to get us to end of the season must be an educated guess, but whatever the exact figure, its bound to be a sizeable amount.

What we don't know is if the money is actually vailable but there is a (justified) reluctance to spend it, or if the well is now dry.

If the supporters ARE asked to contribute individually or collectively as has been suggested previously, I think its reasonable for them to be given reasons as to why they are being asked to so now when previously its all been about flying solo.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 05:01:03 PM »
I recall SC saying he had accountant onboard FOC,  so that should help any loan application where the books have to be thrown open.  You would hope with this professional involved all the numbers would stack up.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 06:16:47 PM »
Should hear soon,this from Ollie bayliss twitter feed.

Sport England has communicated with individual clubs at Step 1 over the weekend regarding their funding applications.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal