Author Topic: NL hoping to continue?  (Read 9883 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • The benefit of living here is the benefits.
    • View Profile
Apparently the Clocks go back this month, but I'm buggered if I can remember where I got mine from!

KES80

• View Profile
Re: NL hoping to continue?
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2021, 07:37:04 PM »
He's actually advocating that those that wish to stop do so with no sanctions and rejoin next season and the remainder carry on and play this season to a finish.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2021, 11:07:09 PM »
He's actually advocating that those that wish to stop do so with no sanctions and rejoin next season and the remainder carry on and play this season to a finish.

The Dorking chairman’s approach would only be possible in the N/S though, as those playing in would surely want to be promoted if they won his proposed rump league. And that would need relegation from NL, which would certainly seem like a sanction for not playing out the season.

Though, if N/S is null and voided and they don’t have a rump league, then that approved could then work at NL, but only if there’s a guarantee that N/S won’t promote.

And then there’s the whole issue of even if N/S is null and voided, will there be an argument that one club should fill the 24th spot in the NL next season.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2021, 07:49:30 AM »
If Lynn are given the option to end their season, without punishment and they elect to go down this path.    Will they then be able to furlough all staff or will they have to make everyone redundant ?

Have to feel for SC. It seems every which he turns he is being hamstrung.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2021, 08:44:35 AM »
If Lynn are given the option to end their season, without punishment and they elect to go down this path.    Will they then be able to furlough all staff or will they have to make everyone redundant ?

Have to feel for SC. It seems every which he turns he is being hamstrung.

Anyone on the payroll before the 30th October can be furloughed, anyone since will not be eligible.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2021, 07:17:38 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
BREAKING:

The National League North & South season has been declared null & void.

Following voting from clubs, the season has been ended with no promotions/relegations to or from the divisions.

The National League (Step 1) clubs have voted to continue their season.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2021, 08:02:26 PM »
So now what everyone thought would happen has been confirmed, what happens next?

How many clubs will join Dover and refuse to play any further games and what sanctions if any,  will the League levy against these clubs ?

With us not now having a game on Saturday  it will be interesting to see which other clubs will refuse to play.   If it is non then can we assume it will be just Dover and ourselves ?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2021, 08:09:51 PM »
So I take it there's only promotion available from NL....theres no hope of that....so what's the point in continuing?
Sanctions if any surely cant out weigh carrying on......can they?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2021, 08:13:25 PM »
Dilligaf would the Chairman have the stomach to go again if the Club received a one or two League demotion ?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2021, 08:21:12 PM »
Probably not......but Dover have took that step...will they really demote 2, 3, 4 or more teams if they all refuse to play??
And what's the point anyway if as Cleeve has said....they cannot afford to do so... :dontknow:
Better surely to be able to carry on financially....be it with a demotion....if and it's still an if, if that's what happens.....than to attempt to carry on now and end up going out of existence

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2021, 08:32:24 PM »
I guess we will soon know what other Ckubs ( if any others) won’t continue, come Saturday ( or before).

As a Club does it really matter what League we are in come August, as long as we have a club

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2021, 08:40:14 PM »
I guess we will soon know what other Ckubs ( if any others) won’t continue, come Saturday ( or before).

As a Club does it really matter what League we are in come August, as long as we have a club

Exactly, would rather have the club demoted back down to tier 4 than have no club at all.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2021, 10:06:39 PM »
So do we hope that when Johnson announces his road-map on Monday it includes allowing fans back in?
It has already been said there is no evidence of virus transfer in the crowds on beaches.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • The benefit of living here is the benefits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2021, 10:32:15 PM »
So do we hope that when Johnson announces his road-map on Monday it includes allowing fans back in?
It has already been said there is no evidence of virus transfer in the crowds on beaches.

Could that be down to the bracing sea breeze?

Maybe he should have kept The George.  :dontknow:
Apparently the Clocks go back this month, but I'm buggered if I can remember where I got mine from!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2021, 06:19:27 AM »

Exactly, would rather have the club demoted back down to tier 4 than have no club at all.

Don't let SC hear you say that. It's the promised land or bust.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal